Only $11.20 to fly to Hawaii? I'll take it!

lablady

Mouseketeer
Even though my family has an Aulani trip planned for the end of May, I've been seriously needing some sunshine these last couple months. This winter had been mild, but so very dark and gloomy! No snow = nothing to reflect what little light we get in Alaska this time of year.

So, I got a bright idea to fly somewhere sunny for a long weekend and started pricing flights.....the cheapest place that could almost guarantee me sunshine was Hawaii! The flights were landing at about $600. There are cheaper flights, but those places are having colder weather than we are, lol! I could probably get to Florida, but that's waaaaaayyyyy too far for a weekend trip. While I was trying to decide whether I could justify the cost for this trip, I checked to see how Alaska Airlines miles I have. Amazingly, I had just enough for the trip! 40,000 miles and $11.20 and I am now going to Hawaii in three weeks!!!

We are not DVC owners, so I've been using Davids DVC the last couple trips with great success. Unfortunately they couldn't get me anything at this late date. I had thought about Turtle Bay, but they are completely booked. I don't stay in Waikiki, so I kept coming back to Aulani. Since my plane ticket was so cheap, I splurged and rented through Disney. An Island view deluxe villa, for three nights. :beach: I get in on a Thursday evening and leave late on Sunday. I may be half asleep at work on Monday, but I don't care. I need some Vitamin D, people! Even if it rains, which it probably won't, it'll still be warm and green and light!! Can't wait!:sunny:

I'm making this a solo trip too! No hubby or kids to cater to! Nobody to wake up, feed, entertain, etc! Just me, the adult pool or lagoon, and a frosty adult beverage or three!:fish:

Oh have fun! You wouldn't want to be in Florida right now. Today only in the 50's for the high. Of course we could be 80 by the weekend but Florida is not a given warm in the winter. Hawaii is!!!

WHOO HOOO! You are my type of person-I love that you are just up and headed off to Aulani. Have a blast!

Even though my family has an Aulani trip planned for the end of May, I've been seriously needing some sunshine these last couple months. This winter had been mild, but so very dark and gloomy! No snow = nothing to reflect what little light we get in Alaska this time of year.

So, I got a bright idea to fly somewhere sunny for a long weekend and started pricing flights.....the cheapest place that could almost guarantee me sunshine was Hawaii! The flights were landing at about $600. There are cheaper flights, but those places are having colder weather than we are, lol! I could probably get to Florida, but that's waaaaaayyyyy too far for a weekend trip. While I was trying to decide whether I could justify the cost for this trip, I checked to see how Alaska Airlines miles I have. Amazingly, I had just enough for the trip! 40,000 miles and $11.20 and I am now going to Hawaii in three weeks!!!

We are not DVC owners, so I've been using Davids DVC the last couple trips with great success. Unfortunately they couldn't get me anything at this late date. I had thought about Turtle Bay, but they are completely booked. I don't stay in Waikiki, so I kept coming back to Aulani. Since my plane ticket was so cheap, I splurged and rented through Disney. An Island view deluxe villa, for three nights. :beach: I get in on a Thursday evening and leave late on Sunday. I may be half asleep at work on Monday, but I don't care. I need some Vitamin D, people! Even if it rains, which it probably won't, it'll still be warm and green and light!! Can't wait!:sunny:

I'm making this a solo trip too! No hubby or kids to cater to! Nobody to wake up, feed, entertain, etc! Just me, the adult pool or lagoon, and a frosty adult beverage or three!:fish:

I thought about selling my points to David. Did you find it an easy process?

Well, my airfare is considerably more than yours at $626, but my daughter is staying at Aulani for a business trip. So, for the price of airfare, I get to stay at the Aulani for free! My dream come true.

We had banked up a huge amount of United and American miles, enough to fly from Washington DC to Honolulu and back in first class. We did use David's Vacation Rentals to get a room at Aulani. About half the price of booking a standard room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter