• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online check in-requesting a change in rooms after I get the text

Kevlar10

Mouseketeer
we have requested a bunk bed room for our stay. We plan to do the online check in. Our room may be ready before we even board our flight, so I’m assuming we will get a text saying our room is ready before we get off the ground or even board. If this happens and we aren’t happy with the room location, I plan to call and request a different room. Is it possible and has anyone had any success requesting a room change after they get the text?

99% sure you'll have to go to the front desk to see if it can be changed - calling will just put you to a call center, not someone at the resort.

I was able to "downgrade" from the "upgrade" they gave me once at CBR - they assigned me to a pirate room, and I did not want that. I went to the front desk and she had to call someone in the room assigner department to see if there were any "regular" rooms that had not been assigned that I could be moved into. She knew they had a lot of arrivals that day and the assigner had to make sure there was a room where a text had not been sent yet - they will not reassign a room that a text has been sent about - so there would have to be one that was going to be empty for the evening.

Yes, we received a text while driving to the resort. We didn't like the location of the room since it was close to DSA. We called on route ( number was in the text) and they gave us a new room. I checked with the desk on arrival and it was already taken care of though the room was not ready yet. Didn't mind as long as we were not around smoking areas.

Yup, we did this last trip. We were at ASMo dropping off our bags to have transferred when I got the room text for Coronado. I looked at the map and it was the building next to the construction site, so we immediately called and they were able to move us. We never needed to go to the front desk.

Yes. I received a room ready text last June at CSR. I’d requested a refurbished room but was assigned a non-refurbished room. I called the number in the email and asked for a refurbished room. They changed it, giving me a refurbished room. I didn’t have to stop by the front desk; I was sent another room ready text with the updated info.

Yes. I received a room ready text last June at CSR. I’d requested a refurbished room but was assigned a non-refurbished room. I called the number in the email and asked for a refurbished room. They changed it, giving me a refurbished room. I didn’t have to stop by the front desk; I was sent another room ready text with the updated info.
Thank you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter