• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One night after Aulani

Figee17

Mouseketeer
We are heading to Aulani at the end of June for a 2 week trip to Oahu, Hawaii, and Kauai. We are staying our first 6 nights at Aulani, 4 nights in Hawaii, 4 nights in Kauai and then I need only ONE night in the Honolulu airport area before catching my flight back home from HNL. My husband has to leave a few days early to get back to work, so it will just be me and DS (4), so I really want a place I feel comfortable in (has a good rating, is clean, safe, etc.)
Does anyone have any decently priced recommendations? We will be at the hotel less than 24 hours, so I don't want to spend a ton but want to feel comfortable.
TIA!

We are heading to Aulani at the end of June for a 2 week trip to Oahu, Hawaii, and Kauai. We are staying our first 6 nights at Aulani, 4 nights in Hawaii, 4 nights in Kauai and then I need only ONE night in the Honolulu airport area before catching my flight back home from HNL. My husband has to leave a few days early to get back to work, so it will just be me and DS (4), so I really want a place I feel comfortable in (has a good rating, is clean, safe, etc.)
Does anyone have any decently priced recommendations? We will be at the hotel less than 24 hours, so I don't want to spend a ton but want to feel comfortable.
TIA!

In a similar situation, used Hotwire and picked up the Hyatt Regency for under $150 a night including taxes and fees, was going for $220 plus everywhere else.

Check out Hilton Hawaiian Village and the Outrigger Waikiki or Beach.

In a similar situation, used Hotwire and picked up the Hyatt Regency for under $150 a night including taxes and fees, was going for $220 plus everywhere else.

I will have to look into that, thanks! I've never used Hotwire...I know you don't get "assigned" a hotel until you book and that's slightly scary to me!

I will have to look into that, thanks! I've never used Hotwire...I know you don't get "assigned" a hotel until you book and that's slightly scary to me!

If you do Priceline or Hotwire use the betterbidding.com site. It can break down what hotels usually come up in the categories you are bidding on. In the case of Hotwire, it can "guess" which hotel they're offering you.

Check out the Ala Moana hotel... It is right next to the shopping center so you can spend your last night there without having to drudge all the way back into waikiki

Hilton Hawaiian Village very nice but pricey...might be better off looking for a Residence inn or Courtyard Inn...much cheaper and nice hotels

I've stayed in Waikiki on previous trips - I would say to go with either the Outrigger Waikiki or the Outrigger Reef. Both are reasonably priced and a fair value for the money. You can use a taxi to the airport. While both properties are fine, of the 2 properties I would say the Outrigger Waikiki is a just a smidge nicer. But the Reef may be a few $ cheaper….but you can't go wrong with either one for just one night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter