One day visit?

carol54

Earning My Ears
We are passing through California for a couple of days this mid-August.
I feel that we (me, husband, dd6 and ds8) must make our first and possibly only visit to Disneyland. My question is can one day be enough to visit as we were just at WDW in February this year. I was thinking of skipping :confused3 DCA because my kids aren't into thrill rides and we did experience the "talk with crush" earlier this year. Am I making a mistake?
Should I purchase a one day hopper?

Will the summer crowds prevent us free riding most rides once? My kids won't ride space mountion, splash mountain, big Thunder. I'd plan on a full day starting when the park opens. When does wishes or the evening fireworks begin in the summer?

We are planning on visiting on Friday, August 11th.

Any feedback would be appreciated. :goodvibes

If you can get an idea beforehand what attractions you most want to see, I think you could come up with a good plan of attack. Arrive early in the morning, ride the top attractions or get FPs for those that have them. You won't be able to see it all in such a short time, but you should be able to see a lot, maybe all of your top picks.

You wont be able to see and do everything, but one day is better then no days!

You might consider buying ridemax (www.ridemax.com) if you are wanting to get the most rides in. Its about $16 and worth it if you have limited time.

Fireworks are typically at 9:25. They are wonderful and worth watching. Best place to see them is at the hub, in front of the castle with a view of the matterhorn. However, with only one day in the park, I would probably plan on watching near its a small world. Its not as great, but a good 2nd choice and you wont have to wait as long for a good spot.

Years ago 1 day would suffice, but if your daughters can hang tough,open and close the park. It'll be a looong day though. Just my $.02. ;)

It will be a long day, you would be able to see most, but not all. I think it would be worth it. You will get more for your $ at DL than at DCA

DH, Dsis, and I just spent 1 day at DL. We got there when it opened, and left at closing time. Between Fastpasses, and not watching the parade, we got to see everything we wanted to. It was a really long day, though.

Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter