One Day - No Hopper - DL or DCA

babyatlas

Mouseketeer
Hopefully a quick question. We have one day - a Tuesday - in early November to go to DL or DCA. We can't swing the hopper option this time. We have been twice before but it has been many years. Here is what I remember liking in the past at each - which should I go with? Where can I find the list of closures....
DL: anything Star Wars, Pirates, Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion
DCA: Carsland, Cal' Screamin, Soarin'

I am a bit saddened to read all of the frustrations due to crowds but hoping to just go for the day and knock out a few of our favorites.

Thank you for any input....

That's a tough one. With DCA, you forgot the new Guardians ride, and that looks fun too.
But if I only had one day, I would lean towards the original. That was what I did then one time that I was in Paris.

It's really more about what you and your family like. DL is the classic and has more rides, but also can be more crowded. DCA has a lot of new stuff though and two of my favorite rides-Guardians and Racers. It would also be less crowded. You should also check hours as DCA closes earlier than DL.

I would do DCA. You could do a lot in the day, our favorite rides are there, there's beer, and it's so lovely there at night.

Maybe consider what atmosphere is most exciting to you. I would totally do Disneyland over DCA, but part of that is because it brings back happy childhood memories and just seems way more magical to me. Only about half of DCA appeals to us and we could do that in half a day if we were pressed for time.

I lean towards doing something different. We only had one day for the Tokyo Parks, and we did Disney Sea. It was completely unique, and we really enjoyed something we couldn't see here. Now, DCA isn't as unique as Disney Sea (funny, too, because they actually had the option to build Sea in CA instead of DCA and decided against it), but it's still different. I'm assuming btw that you have been to WDW? If you haven't, maybe consider DL.

DCA is our favorite of the two parks, incidentally, but we love both.

Tough question, i could spend all day in either and love both, but if its been a long time and may not be a while before going back, i would probably pick DL for the nodtalgia and disney charm.

Tough decision. If you’re wanting the true nostalgic ‘Disney magic’ go to DL. For fun rides right now though it’s DCA. My daughter and I actually enjoyed DCA more on our visit in August, which was a first for us! Guardians is absolutely amazing, our new favourite!

It's absolutely depends on who's going. These days, I found more enjoyment out of DCA. My all time favorite ride is Guardians. And I love Screamin'. It also just feel so much less crowded than Disney. But kids may want DL more.

Hard question if park hopper is not an option. That way, you can do all your favorites.

Cars Land is amazing at DCA plus you have WOC show...and Soarin, Toy Story, and Guardians if you are into that. But if you are only doing one park, then probably Disneyland for the classic rides...Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Splash, Space M, Star Tours and Fantasyland. Indiana Jones too is so much fun.

Our family would pick DCA hands down. But, we've been to both countless times and if we just had one day would want to experience our favs...most of which are at DCA.

Disneyland. I've only done DCA without a hopper once and ran out of things to do by mid-afternoon. DL I've done several times non-hopper and never get bored. I just think there's more to enjoy over there.

thank you for the input. it will be me, my husband and two kiddos. (pre-teens). they are not big into thrill or scary rides (I would guess Guardians is out as is CA Screamin' and possible Space Mtn at DL). one of my kiddos loves star wars which is why I'm leaning towards DL....BUT we all love Carsland and Soarin'. might just have to make a game time decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter