One adult and 4 kids in a room at Pop - crazy?

OP, I think it will work. You have enough room for the necessary sleeping surfaces. Don't pay for another room you don't need.

A pack-n-play should fold up easily when it's not bed time, and take up less floor space, so that would be my preference rather than dealing with inflating and deflating an air mattress. Also consider that the murphy bed goes up, and makes the room more maneuverable during the day.

Who cares if it's a little crowded at night? You're just sleeping there, not playing soccer.

I'd say it's doable like you mentioned the kids will be wore out and you probably wont be in the room that much. We are getting ready to do 2 adults and 3 kids (age 13, 6 and 2) in 1 room at port orleans riverside. We originally were booked for pop but I was afraid not much room. the younger 2 kids are mine and we slept together on one bed at AKL (my 2 year old will not sleep in a pack n play anymore) a few months ago and then the other bed for my sister in law and her daughter. Luckily its just for the weekend. Tried to convince my husband to come and he said no it will be too tight so we are leaving him at home. We have put a pack n play in the bathroom before but this was at Poly and AKL where it was a bigger bathroom room compared to pop, but you might be able to have the pack n play in the sink area, but im not sure I can't remember how much room is in there its been a while since I stayed at pop.

Yep. Maybe need a cot. But that’s no big deal. Your plans can easily be done in a room at pop. We brought a friend of one of our kids once. Wasn’t an issue. We used an air mattress.

It's tight, but it's absolutely do-able. If you're getting connecting rooms you can put some of the luggage from that room into another to create a little more space for the pack n play. We only had 4 in the room, but my daughter was only 18 months so still needed the pack n play and had a double stroller. We put the pack n play between the dresser/tv stand and the fridge. It fit perfectly and I think would be easier than dealing with an air mattress everyday because as others have said there really won't be much room for it with both beds down other than right in front of the door. Constantly having to move it or store it somewhere for the day would be annoying to me personally.

Tried to convince my husband to come and he said no it will be too tight so we are leaving him at home.

Ha! The reason the question is one adult and four kids is because my wife says it is too tight. So the plan would be for her to crash with her sister and her sister's husband, while I take one cousin (who is awesome and gets along great with our older two) plus our three boys. I think if this works out, after a night or two, my wife will be sad to miss out on the kid time, and we'll re-arrange a bit.

I really would have ended up paying for two rooms at Pop if not for this thread, but I think we're going to try for one room and spend the 'extra' money on other stuff. It's her family we're going with, and we've never done this before, so we'll see how it goes......

Ha! The reason the question is one adult and four kids is because my wife says it is too tight. So the plan would be for her to crash with her sister and her sister's husband, while I take one cousin (who is awesome and gets along great with our older two) plus our three boys. I think if this works out, after a night or two, my wife will be sad to miss out on the kid time, and we'll re-arrange a bit.

I really would have ended up paying for two rooms at Pop if not for this thread, but I think we're going to try for one room and spend the 'extra' money on other stuff. It's her family we're going with, and we've never done this before, so we'll see how it goes......
If you’re the one adult in the room and are fine with it go for it. The kids will be fine they’re in Disney. It’s the adult that will feel a bit claustrophobic and if that doesn’t bother you go for it. Though I say your wife is the smart one and if I were her I’d hope for connecting rooms so I could still see the kids but most definitely wouldn’t come back over partway through the trip!

We put the pack n play between the dresser/tv stand and the fridge. It fit perfectly and I think would be easier than dealing with an air mattress everyday

Yeah, based on everyone's advice, we'll try the pack n play. Seems like there are actually a few different places it can fit. This will likely be the last hurrah for a pack n play we got almost 10 years ago!

Yeah, based on everyone's advice, we'll try the pack n play. Seems like there are actually a few different places it can fit. This will likely be the last hurrah for a pack n play we got almost 10 years ago!

It's awesome and sad all at the same time. Nice because it's one less thing to lug around, but sad because that means they're growing up. Unless you have my daughter who had to be put into a real bed at 2 because she refused to sleep in her crib anymore 🙄.

Yeah, she will be missing out. I never understand why families have issues with staying in 1 room, some of our best memories happen while we're all in the same room. Like before falling asleep, we would talk about the day we had or looking forward to tomorrows park:) Just on our last trip, we all laughed so hard, with my DW and 2 DDs trying to get ready "all at the same time" in front of the bathroom mirror and sink. I wished I would have took a video of it. They could have just as easily complained about the size, but instead they had fun with it. Have a great time and enjoy the memories.

3 kids or 2 kids 1 adult should fit fine on a queen bed, 2 in the other. I had to share beds on vacations while growing up. There would be 3 of us in one queen and 2 in the other. :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter