?? on upgrading to AP

PrincessCyann

In a Princess state of mind
Advanced apologies if I put this in the wrong forum (after debating which forum it belongs in for awhile, I decided to dive in and ask hoping I'm not too far off base :blush: )

We are going to Disney in Sept. and are getting the free dining, and the package includes the MYW base tickets (6 day). We are taking another trip in February (not yet scheduled) for my son's birthday (he has been dreaming of a birthday at Wilderness Lodge, well, actually the Grand Floridian, lol, but since that money tree isn't growing, he realized a downgrade was in order, so opted for Wilderness Lodge).

I have been reading where people have been mentioning in various threads where they are buying the tickets and then saving them for a later date or upgrading after check-in.

If it is less expensive to upgrade to APs rather than buying base tickets again in Febraury, how would we go about doing that? I read that people mentioned doing it after checking in, but I am lost as to where and how. Also, would we mess up getting the free dining? My husband said people are probably upgrading after checking in to retain the free dining, but I wanted to double check. How would we upgrade, and where would we go to have it done?

Would we all have to upgrade? My mother will be along for the Sept. trip, and I doubt she will be returning within the year, can certain ones be upgraded and not the entire party?

Also (my last question, I promise!) if we do upgrade, my son will need a childs AP, but will turn 10 five months later. Would we have to upgrade him to an adult AP after he turns 10, or will they allow him to use the child AP until it expires?

Sorry for being sounding clueless about this, but I really am :crazy:

Thanks for bearing with me :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter