On the Dream now - any questions?

Out of curiousity, for embarkation day lunch at Animators Pallette, was the room black and white or full color? I ask because I'm researching for our first DCL cruise. I wouldn't want to spoil that effect for the rest of the family before their first dinner there. (Or is that only a Magic/Wonder effect? I know there are differences to Animator's Pallette on the different ship classes but don't know everything yet.)
The black and white room turning to color is on the Magic and Wonder only. The Dream and Fantasy have a different (less imaginative) design for Animator's Palate. See post #37 on this thread for an image of what AP looks like on the Dream.

If you do an Internet search for AP on the Disney Magic, you'll see an entirely different style that goes with that restaurant's change from black and white to color. And just fyi on the Magic, it does change color no matter what time it is. I remember doing a muster drill there on our first cruise, and it was changing from black and white to color during the Muster Drill.

Last edited:
Are the Rainforest day passes back ?

I checked on the first day and they would not sell one to me that day but said to check back on the morning that I was interested in. I did check in the second morning and they told me they were available and to just stop in when I liked. We ended up pretty busy that day so I didn't end up coming back.

I checked on the first day and they would not sell one to me that day but said to check back on the morning that I was interested in. I did check in the second morning and they told me they were available and to just stop in when I liked. We ended up pretty busy that day so I didn't end up coming back.
Great, thanks so much!

What was the cost of a single day?

How packed is/was the ship? How were the lines for the characters? When we went in February, my 1 year old had several experiences with literally no one waiting to meet characters and he got to interact with the characters for 15-20 minutes at a time. I'm highly assuming nothing like that exists anymore.

How packed is/was the ship? How were the lines for the characters? When we went in February, my 1 year old had several experiences with literally no one waiting to meet characters and he got to interact with the characters for 15-20 minutes at a time. I'm highly assuming nothing like that exists anymore.
There were 3700 on our cruise and 2500 on the cruise out now. It only felt packed on the at sea day when the upper deck pools and deck chairs were full and in the evenings character meets could be 30 min. I will also say that the spontaneous character meetings were non existent from my experience compared to other Disney cruises. I do not think that is due to the amount of people on the ship, but rather DCL has not brought that back yet.

Last edited:

For me compared to my other four DCL cruises I've done post-covid it felt very packed in at all of the parties, shows, and areas where there were younger kids. The adult-only areas felt less crowded and my daughter said that the one night she was able to go to Vibe (before she turned 18) was not crowded at all. She saw the staff list of teens and it was a lot of shorter on other cruises that she has been on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter