On DDP w/DD-10; Is This Allowed?

mississaugamom

DIS Veteran
I've read the various debates here over the ethical/practical use of credits, and I have a question specific to our situation.

We will be there August 13 - 21, with the free dining package. Our DD-10 eats like a bird and generally prefers children's meals and having small tastes from our dinner so she can try new things. Would it be wrong to order her a child's meal which we pay OOP and save the credits towards things she will enjoy ~ dinner at CRT and a breakfast at Chef Mickeys?

There are NO child credits involved here; she is considered an "adult" by Disney standards ~ she just doesn't eat like one!

Thanks for your help; I'm finalizing our ADR's and don't want to break any dining plan rules.

You can buy anything you want OOP.

Some will argue that using DDP for character meals does not maximize your savings, but we did two in May and they sure maximized our enjoyment of our trip. We're doing another two in November.

I personally wouldn't use two TSs for CRT, but I'm not a big fan of CRT anyway. However, as a parent of three daughters, I'd say if it's two TSs or no CRT, then use them. It's a thing you have to do once.

If you can't get CRT, 1900 Park Fare is a great Cindy character event, with a LOT more interaction with the great woman than CRT.

There have been a few posters who reported adults being charge extra, sometimes with a larger portion, when they ordered a kids meal. I doubt the CM would do that for a 10 year old.

Do the math, you might consider paying out of pocket for CRT. It's a very bad value at 2 credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter