Olympic Eating With Team GB ** COMPLETED - WDW & DCL**

Day Two - May 13th 2012 - At Sea

I woke bright and early on our first day and left DH to sleep whilst I headed to the gym

This was to become my daily routine whilst I was on board

I loved walking through a totally
empty ship each morning

I was a little too keen on the fist morning as the gym had yet to
open so I wandered around deck 11 for a while and enjoyed the peace as I watched the sun rise

f5cb78ad.jpg

Early Morning Quiet Cove Pool

I left the gym and dashed over to guest services to get a few things sorted and bumped into Miss Mouse

7000cfdf.jpg

"Morning Mrs!"

I’d arranged to meet DH at the Cove Cafe, something else that was to become part of our daily routine

I don’t seem to have any photos but every morning we would head here for a Chai Latte and they were simply delicious

The staff in the Cafe were wonderful and I loved heading in here each morning after my workout to say hello and get our drinks

So after all this actvity (well mine anyway, DH had only walked up one flight of stairs :laughing:) if was time for breakfast so it was off to Cabanas

c633a7e9.jpg

Cabanas

We made our choices and then headed outside to sit and enjoy our breakfasts

I was very impressed with the breakfast selections at Cabanas

There were a couple of omelette stations where they would cook to order whatever you wanted as well as a huge selection of fresh fruits, cereals, oatmeal etc

All the usual cooked breakfast favorites together with continental selections of meats and cheeses were also available

And of course, just about every muffin, waffle, pancake or pastry variety you could imagine

I felt like having a healthy start to the day

9c182d9b.jpg

Muesli, Banana & OJ

The basic muesli at Cabanas was really good and there was a huge variety of dried fruit, nuts, seeds and berries that you could add to it to really make the dish your own

I wish I had taken a photo for you as it was such a great selection of toppings

DH headed to the eggs station

65b39a88.jpg

Eggs Benedict & Smoked Salmon

He loves eggs benedict and really enjoyed this dish, he said that the smoked salmon was particularly good as well

But why should he only have one breakfast when you can have two!!

3bcf1294.jpg

Hash Brown, Bacon, Eggs & Sausage

DH loved the eggs, hash brown and sausage but wasn’t too keen on the bacon.

He did say that everything else was hot and perfectly cooked

The next few hours were spent relaxing, shopping and exploring the ship before heading back to Cabanas for lunch

8d17565c.jpg

Salad Bar Selections

There didn’t seem to be much in the way of vegetarian options available and the only fish I could found was served with meat, but the salad bar was great so I made a meal out of that

DH thought that the Pizza out on deck looked better than the selection inside Cabanas so we decided to head outside and whilst he was getting his pizza I picked up some fruit

f648d459.jpg

Fillmore's Favorites - Grapes, Melon & Pineapple

And here is DHs lunch

c4e631b2.jpg

Luigi's Pizza - Guido's - Mozzarella Cheese Pizza Salad & Ranch Dressing

This became his lunch pretty much every day and I didn’t always take a photo so you will probably see this picture more than once

There is a constant supply of fresh pizza being prepared so you can always get a slice that is hot and freshly made. They always had a veggie pizza and a daily special

There is another salad bar out on deck 11, next to Fillmore’s Favorites and that’s where DH got his side salad and dressing from

It’s a limited salad selection here so if you want something a bit more exciting you are best to fill your plate in cabanas

DH loved his lunch and I loved mine, everything seemed really fresh and well, you can’t beat sitting out on deck in the adult area enjoying your food with a view

Mmm, everything is looking pretty healthy for me today right?

First off the gym, followed by muesli for breakfast and salad for lunch but fear not people, I am about to come crashing down from the health wagon :lmao:

cf03fb47.jpg

Ooh La La

Oh yes, it’s champagne tasting time :woohoo:

Let me start with the Ooh La La bar, it’s beautiful

Very, very girlie so if you want to spend some time with the girls whist on your cruise, this is the perfect spot

So it starts like this

55694fb7.jpg

What A Line Up!

And ends up like this

7f6920dc.jpg

Well, Ooh La La!

OK, so strictly speaking not everything you will have at this tasting is champagne, there are a couple of cheeky sparkling wines thrown in but they are good never the less

We did try a couple of different Tattinger Champagnes but my absolute favorite was the final one we tasted which was the Moet & Chandon Ice Imperial

2075d6e1.jpg

Moet & Chandon Ice Imperial

Not surprisingly given the name, this is served on ice with a twist of orange zest and was seriously heaven in a glass

I seem to remember that this was on offer at the last Epcot Food & Wine Festival but I never got round to sampling it.

If you get a chance you must try this, take my word for it you will love it

Champagne tasting done, I met back up with DH (not really his thing champagne tasting!) and we spend a lazy afternoon by the pool before he headed back to the stateroom to get showered and ready for the show and dinner and I headed into the Rainforest Room/Spa to do the same

Bit of a side note here and off topic for a dining review but I purchased the length of cruise pass for the Rainforest Room and let me tell you, it was the best $99 I spent all vacation!

It was just the most wonderful and relaxing space, it was never busy and I pretty much always had the place to myself

The hot tubs out on the deck are just luxurious, the heated tile beds were delightful and the showers, steam rooms and saunas were wonderful :cloud9:

I usually ended up visiting twice a day, once in the morning after the gym and then again before dinner

DH could have the bathroom in the stateroom to himself to get ready for dinner and I could pamper myself before getting ready in the spa locker rooms

We would then meet back up for a pre-dinner drink on the adult deck

Anyway back to the food as that what you are here for!

Dinner tonight was at The Royal Court

406fff4d.jpg

Bread Service - Warm Herb Brioche with an Olive Spread

We sampled a small piece of the brioche each and it was good but not worth giving up too much stomach space for

Here is my appetizer tonight

0a620f1a.jpg

Avocado-Citrus Salad With Iceberg and Radicchio Leaves and an Orange Vinaigrette

A really nice, fresh tasting salad and a good light start to the meal

And for DH

376b2ad1.jpg

Pomegranate Glazed Duck Breast With Gewürztraminer Gelée and Pomegranate Glaze

He really enjoys duck so was happy to see this on the menu. You can probably see from the photo, it was served pink and DH tells me it was really good and tender

I chose a glass of Sauvignon Blanc to accompany my meal but bad dining reviewer that I am I didn’t make a note of what it was :rolleyes:

Here is my entree this evening - by the way, all the dining rooms have at least two vegetarian options and as I also eat fish, there was always plenty to choose from

c59962b6.jpg

Pan seared Tofu, Roasted Zucchini, Eggplant and Red Peppers On Israeli Couscous with a Lime-Cilantro Drop

This was a really good dish. The vegetables had a nice crunch to them and the tofu was soft and light with a nice char to it. I love couscous and this was nicely prepared and full of flavor. I really enjoyed my meal

Here is DHs choice

b69ae199.jpg

Roasted Wild Boar Tenderloin, Sweet Carrot and Onion Potato Cake with a Red Currant Reduction

Another winner.

Wild Boar is not something that DH eats very often, in fact he can only remember having it one of two times before. He said that it was a really nice cut of meat and very flavorful

After enjoying my strawberry cheesecake so much last night, I decided to go with the sugar free option again

5a2980fa.jpg

Mango Cheesecake With Whipped Cream and Fruits

Mmm, I love mango and this was a wonderfully creamy and tasty dessert

And DH couldn’t really go wrong with his choice

3add299a.jpg

Strawberry Short Cake Sundae - Strawberries, Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Cream and Angel Food Cake

It didn’t last long so he must have enjoyed it

So yet again another really good dinner aboard the Fantasy and our servers were just fabulous

Coming Up Next .... Day Three, Grand Cayman

Great update Linda :thumbsup2

Your DH's second breakfast looks great - I don't think I have ever seen scrambled eggs that look appetising on DCL. And I just love their hash browns :love:

As for dinner, I am literally drooling over that duck dish. Funny story: on our first cruise, a 3-nighter, we were in Tritons for our last night's dinner. I really wanted to order the duck but wasn't sure about the accompaniments and wasn't as brave back then so played it safe and went for chicken. One of our table mates ordered the duck and, when it came, I had serious food envy. He kindly offered me a taste, which I accepted. Then he offered me a bit more and I couldn't refuse, it was so delicious. I ended up eating half of the poor fellow's dinner :guilty: I must add this was not even somebody we knew, just some poor schmuck who got stuck with a duck-stealing Brit :rotfl2:

:hug:

Thank you, Linda, for taking the time to show us some of your cruise food! It looks wonderful - I remember the delicious lobster ravioli and your drink looks pretty yummy to me (okay, got it all mixed up again :laughing:).
And the "fish" with the sweet chili sauce looks devine - gonna need to try this next summer! :thumbsup2
I thought your DH's dessert was some kind of Key Lime Pie. :lmao: But both desserts look yummy and I cannot wait for more! :goodvibes

You are more than welcome Karin, I have to try and repay all your time, effort and wonderful reviews some how :goodvibes

So excited to see your cruise food reviews!! :cool1: DH and I love cruising but have never tried a Disney cruise. Now between your reviews and Karin's I'm thinking a cruise with the mouse will be in our future plans, LOL! Can't wait for the next instalment! :goodvibes

It's only our second cruise (both have been with Disney) but we are totally hooked now and can't wait to cruise again !!

Ooh, yummy cruise food. What a bonus :thumbsup2

It's well over a year (almost 16 months) till our cruise on the Fantasy so I will make do with drooling over your food poics until I get my own ;)

Not long until your next trip though Joh, I will be nagging your for a TR :thumbsup2

I love dining reviews with extras! The sea bass does look like it was cooked perfectly...you can tell from the picture that is was moist and not dried out.
I have a DCL credit to use from last August when we could not take the planned Alaska vacation-you are inspiring me to use that credit very soon :)

We are cruising to Alaska next June - we are so excited :woohoo:

yay more food :cool1:
Like you I dont like luke warm food-it has to be hot.
The fish looks very yummy :thumbsup2

Nothing worse that luke warm food - I like it hot, hot, hot ;)

Thanks for sharing some of your cruise food!! The presentation of the food is so lovely! As a carnivore I can totally appreciate your DH's buffet plate of food. :)

I always love the first buffet meal on the ship... I go a bit crazy even though they won't run out of food before I can fill my plate. :laughing:

Some people could hardly carry their plates back to the table :rotfl:

Yay! So glad to you are sharing the Cruise food! Can't wait for the rest!

Thanks for reading along still, hope it's not a disappointment :rolleyes1

We'll be back in just over a week (which gives me more than enough time to drool over your cruise pictures). :goodvibes

Yay, that means we all get to enjoy more of your reviews :woohoo:

Sad to see your review coming to an end but then I was happy to see the bonus cruise food! :banana: Thanks again for the wonderful reviews - it's reviews like these that cause me to change my ADRs 100 times before our trip! :rotfl2:

Oh no, I am causing you the stress of the dreaded ADR shuffle :eek:

Great update Linda :thumbsup2

Your DH's second breakfast looks great - I don't think I have ever seen scrambled eggs that look appetising on DCL. And I just love their hash browns :love:

As for dinner, I am literally drooling over that duck dish. Funny story: on our first cruise, a 3-nighter, we were in Tritons for our last night's dinner. I really wanted to order the duck but wasn't sure about the accompaniments and wasn't as brave back then so played it safe and went for chicken. One of our table mates ordered the duck and, when it came, I had serious food envy. He kindly offered me a taste, which I accepted. Then he offered me a bit more and I couldn't refuse, it was so delicious. I ended up eating half of the poor fellow's dinner :guilty: I must add this was not even somebody we knew, just some poor schmuck who got stuck with a duck-stealing Brit :rotfl2:

I'm sure there is a trip report somewhere that starts .... "so there was this strange English woman that stole my duck" :rotfl:

Thanks for sharing the cruise pics! Making me so ready for October. :)

Jill in CO

You are so good with your healthy breakfast options! I run at the gym and then head straight to the danishes! :laughing: I was distracted by your DH's eggs benedict that had a tail. :rotfl2:

Ohh la la... The champagne tasting sound like a fabulous activity! Looks lovely and yes, kinda girlie!

What a nice relaxing day... looking forward to seeing what you did in Grand Cayman (and what you ate since that's why we're here!) :goodvibes

Everything looks so good on the cruise. I wouldn't have the willpower to stop eating!! Perhaps as well that I haven't been on one :goodvibes

Cruise Food Part Three - Grand Cayman

Land ahoy!

We had a snorkeling and aquaboat excursion booked for our day in Grand Cayman and after the usual morning gym/rainforest room/chai latte routine we decided to head to Enchanted Garden for breakfast

a06031aa.jpg

Enchanted Garden

Although breakfast here is still a buffet, you are seated upon arrival and a server will bring you your tea, coffee, juice etc

We actually preferred the buffet set up at Cabanas whereby you could just head to whatever section you wanted and help yourself

Here, you have to stand in line whilst people seem to take an age to make even the most simple decision and then be served your selection by one of the CMs :headache:

So basically the CMs are holding your plate whilst you direct them with your requests of “a little bit of this and a little bit of that”

Anyway, after a long journey along the slow buffet line, here is what we came back with

2abdb7aa.jpg

Enchanted Garden Breakfast: Smoked Salmon, Eggs, Breakfast Potato, Bacon and Corned Beef Hash

Although everything was well cooked, DH did comment that pretty much everything was cold by the time we got back to the table, mainly caused by the fact that one item would be served and then you had to shuffle down the line to get to the next item you wanted

Trust me, as beautiful a restaurant as this is, if it’s a buffet breakfast you are after I would personally say head to Cabanas, the food is basically the same (in fact there is a much greater variety) and you can help yourself to whatever you want much easier and quicker :thumbsup2

Here’s my choice:

12d395bf.jpg

Oatmeal & Fruit

This was good and hot as I didn’t have to wait around for anything else but I would have much preferred to add my own toppings instead of relying on the CM

We couldn’t track down much in the way of fresh fruit on the buffet line so we grabbed some from Cabanas on our way back to our room to get changed for our excursion

c92dc0cf.jpg

Fruit plate

The snorkeling was wonderful on Grand Cayman and at the end of our excursion we were dropped back at the port

The port itself didn’t really interest us, it was just the usual array of souvenir and jewelry shops so we decided to catch a tender boat back to the ship

We were feeling pretty hungry after all that activity so we headed to deck 11 to get a late lunch

5cbe4b30.jpg

Fillmore's Favorites - Greek Wraps & Fresh Fruit

Fillmore’s Favorites is where you will find a wide variety of wraps, sandwiches, pannins and fresh fruit

These wraps were absolutely delicious and became a firm favorite of mine throughout the cruise.

They were filled with feta cheese, black olives and lettuce, together with a creamy dressing. Really fresh and really good

DH headed to Tow Mater Grill for a burger

49a02be2.jpg

Lightning McQueen's - Hamburger

As you can see, DH also grabbed a couple of wraps from Fillmore’s Favorites

According to DH the burger was great, hot, well cooked and well seasoned.

The wraps he chose were chicken caesar and he loved them.

He went back for more of the wraps and I seem to remember he picked up a slice of pizza

We found all of the quick service options on The Fantasy to be excellent, the CMs work so hard to keep everything replenished. I have no idea how they work in those kitchens in such heat - hats off to them!!

We then headed off to try our hand at the ‘Midship Detective Agency’ (huge amount of fun!) and after some relaxing by the pool we got ready for the show and dinner (via another trip to the Rainforest Room for me)

Pre-dinner drinks were enjoyed up on Deck 12

A coke for DH and for me .......

4053b0aa.jpg

Mango Margarita

Dinner this evening was at Animator's Palate

cc2c8309.jpg

It was the ‘Crush Show’ at AP tonight which we had seen before on The Dream but was still a lot of fun

Right onto the food:

Sorry about the strange 'blue hue' to the photos, it seemed to happen when ever they changed the lighting for the Crush show

2e935db5.jpg

Wild Mushroom Risotto and Porcini Twist - served with Parmigiano-Reggiano

This was fabulous, it had a really intense mushroom flavor and the risotto itself had just the right amount of bite

c14659bf.jpg

Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes - pasta purse filled with truffle scented cheese and coated with a delicate champagne sauce

This was DHs choice and again it was a really wonderful appertizer. I actually ordered this on The Dream last year so I know how good it is

So we were off to a winning start, would it continue?

afba8997.jpg

Black Bean Chipotle Cakes over corn kernels and brown rice topped with tomato-cilantro salsa

I would think that you can probably guess that this was my choice.

On paper, this is exactly the sort of dish I love but I am sorry to say that this was just awful.

I don’t think I have ever eaten anything with less flavor in my life. It was basically a plate of ‘texture’ and nothing else :eek:

I gave up after a few mouthfuls

DH made a much more tasty choice

ff3bd12a.jpg

Grilled Pacific Black Cod with sautéed morel mushrooms on a sweet potato puree

Again he surprised me by ordering this but he scoffed it down and really enjoyed it.

He says that the fish was beautiful and the sweet potato puree was the perfect accompaniment

So after my not so stellar main course, could Animators Palate pull it back with dessert?

ea7fd427.jpg

Citrus Lemon Mousse - with mango coulis

Umm, unfortunately not ..... I seriously couldn’t taste any lemon in this dessert so it was a bit of a let down :sad2:

DH however got three out of three with his yummy dessert

61361d8a.jpg

Dense Chocolate Cake - fudge brownie, caramel sauce, and vanilla ice cream with mango coulis

Looks great doesn’t it? and it was

Although my meal really wasn’t that great we had a wonderful evening and yet again our servers were just a delight to be around

Our servers were most concerned that I didn’t enjoy my entree and our head server asked me if I like vegetable curry to which I said ‘yes’ and he said that he could get me one specially made the next time we dined with them - so sweet of him :goodvibes

We said our goodnights as let them know that we were heading off to Remy the following evening .... how exciting!

Night Night

09399cc1.jpg

Thanks for sharing the cruise pics! Making me so ready for October. :)

Jill in CO

Ooh, what itinerary are you doing? :goodvibes

You are so good with your healthy breakfast options! I run at the gym and then head straight to the danishes! :laughing: I was distracted by your DH's eggs benedict that had a tail. :rotfl2:

Ohh la la... The champagne tasting sound like a fabulous activity! Looks lovely and yes, kinda girlie!

What a nice relaxing day... looking forward to seeing what you did in Grand Cayman (and what you ate since that's why we're here!) :goodvibes

Ha! I hadn't noticed the 'tail' :rotfl:

Everything looks so good on the cruise. I wouldn't have the willpower to stop eating!! Perhaps as well that I haven't been on one :goodvibes

You can certainly eat 24/7 if you want to ..... ooh if only the real world was like that :cloud9:

Linda, the enchanted garden area sounds lovely but I do much prefer to pile the food on myself! ;) Sorry dinner at Animator's Palate was less than stellar but at least the lunch options were fab.

We've been to Grand Caymen about 5 times and love snorkeling with sting rays but otherwise, we stay away from 7 mile beach and rum point which are a bit too touristy. :)

Thanks again for sharing this part of your wonderful holiday!

Wow the cruise food looks amazing! One of these days we are going to have to take the DCL!

Really enjoying your cruise reviews! Your morning routine sounds absolutely wonderful, and I would love to have DH's exact meal at Animator's Palate. :thumbsup2

Tuesday May 15th – Costa Maya

Today we were docking in Costa Maya and had a bike ride and sea kayak excursion booked :goodvibes

I don't seem to have any photos of this morning’s breakfast but I am pretty certain that we both had muesli and fruit from Cabanas as we didn’t want to have a heavy breakfast ahead of our activities for the day

The excursion was good fun, we cycled across the island to a beach before heading out in a Kayak for an hour or so

When we were finished we had some time to spend with our group at the beach bar that the excursion organisers owned

It was a lovely spot to sit out; DH had a coke and I had a beer which was very welcome refreshment

965595ca.jpg

Pacifico Beer

We then cycled back to the port with the rest of our group to return the bikes and headed back on board

Tonight we were heading to Remy for dinner but we needed something to tide us over so it was back to Deck 11 for the usual round of pizza & wraps

DH headed back to Luigi’s Pizza

e82bf989.jpg

Luigi's Pizza – ‘Guido's - Mozzarella Cheese Pizza’

And I headed back to Fillmore's Favorites

0475f61b.jpg

Fillmore’s Favorites - Greek Wraps, Salad & Fruit

30f46f60.jpg

Fillmore’s Favorites - Greek Wraps

We spent the rest of the afternoon by the pool and I seem to remember that we fitted in a round of Goofy Golf up on the Sports Deck

Dinner this evening was at Remy and we were both really looking forward to it

I headed off to the Rainforest Room to relax and get ready and DH had the stateroom to himself to get ready

We enjoyed a drink on the veranda before heading out for the evening (glass of fizz for me and an ice cold Coke for DH)

55791171.jpg

And I snapped a quick picture of DH out on deck after the evening show :love:

d8331c8b.jpg

So here we go ...... It’s off to Remy

Right, I have an apology to make – my Remy review is going to be photo free :eek: and a little thin on details but I still want to give you an overview of our evening

We really wanted to just relax and enjoy the evening so I didn’t even take my camera out with me

Backtracking slightly, I had noted on my reservation that I would like a vegetarian menu for the evening; even though I do eat fish, I thought it might be easier to just go with a totally vegetarian meal

I must admit I was also intrigued to see how you could create 6 or 7 courses with interest and variety

One of the staff from Remy called our stateroom the evening before our reservation to let me know that the chef was going to prepare a vegetarian menu for me and would I like them to run through what he had selected to make sure that I was happy with everything?

I told them that I trusted the chef entirely and would rather have a nice surprise on the evening :thumbsup2

We were also invited to speak to a sommelier ahead of our dinner to select our wines. Now DH doesn’t drink at all and I was thinking of going for the wine pairing, especially as I didn't actually know what I would be eating, so we decided to pass on this

Our reservation was for 8pm so we checked in just before 8 and took a seat in the Meridian Bar whilst we waited to be seated. I resisted the urge to order a cocktail :rolleyes:

Right on 8pm the charming Head Waiter introduced himself, shook DHs hand and kissed mine ;) before leading us to our beautiful table which was at a semi-circle booth, nicely tucked away at the edge of the restaurant and directly next to the window

Now normally a window table at 8pm wouldn’t afford you any views but for some reason, the Captain had announced that we would not be leaving the port of Costa Maya until midnight, so even through it was pitch black outside we had the twinkling lights of the port to add to the already wonderful atmosphere :cloud9:

We’d actually visited Remy earlier in the cruise during one of the scheduled ship tours and oddly I had snapped a picture of the very table that we ended up sitting at

d7609988.jpg

Remy Table Setting

Let me just say, every single member of staff that we encountered during our dinner was amazing. They were warm and friendly and made you feel so comfortable and at ease.

The service at Remy is impeccable without being stuffy, the ambience is elegant but relaxing and you really are made to feel welcome and at home

I simply can’t say enough good things about the staff here :goodvibes

Once we had been introduced to everyone who was going to be looking after us for the evening, we were given a menu so that DH could make his selections

Now DH was aware that I didn’t know what any of my courses were for the evening so he thought it would be fun if I picked his menu for him so that he would be surprised as well

We joked with our server that we both wanted to be surprised this evening and he suggested that he select what were his absolute favourite dishes from the menu for DH ….. perfect, takes the pressure off me to decide :laughing:

To start our evening off, I was prepared a sensational champagne cocktail table-side

I stole this description from the Disney Food Blog

"The signature cocktail “Collette” combines Taittinger Champagne and pear vodka, then is garnished with fresh blueberry, dried apricot, and mint leaf.
When vodka is mixed with champagne, the champagne loses its bubbles!
The sugar being released from the piece of candied apricot re-creates the effervescence"

Not only did this drink look absolutely beautiful, it tasted divine

Our head waiter insisted on preparing DH a Virgin Cocktail which was a mix of raspberry and blueberry juices and was again, delicious

One thing that probably won’t surprise you in our night of surprises was that I elected to go for the wine pairing and I am really glad that I did

Not only was I served some lovely wines that complimented the menu perfectly but I also got to enjoy great information and conversation with the wonderful sommelier

Soon we were served the most delicious bread and butter with sea salt and an amuse bouche which I remember being an explosion of tasty cheese and tomato goodness

Now this is were I fail totally in my dining reviews as I didn’t make a single note of anything that we ate all evening – feel free to DIS-own me :rotfl:

We just sat back and waited for each amazing course to be delivered

Each course would be delivered by two individual servers who would place one of these in front of us:

Eastern-Tabletop-8412-Silver-12--Dome-Plate-Cover-with-Finial--21835_xlarge.jpg

The servers would then lift the lid of each plate at exactly the same moment to reveal our next surprise

There wasn’t a single course served where we didn’t exclaim "Wow" in unison at the sight of each dish

The presentation of every plate of food was exquisite and my vegetarian dishes in particular were decorated with the most pretty edible flowers I have ever seen

I am honestly not just saying this, but between the two of us we probably went through at least 12 completely different dishes and there isn’t one plate of food that we wouldn’t award 10 out of 10 :worship:

Looking through the menus on-line we worked out that these were just some of the dishes that DH was served:

Saint Jacques Olives Noires Fenouil Cru et Cuit 
Scallops with black olives and cooked and raw fennel

Porcini Mushroom Soup 
with Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding

Wild Turbot 
with Lemon-Capers and Spinach

Wagyu Beef, Potato Puree, with Barbecue and Herb Sauce

Cheese Course

Peruvian Chocolate

Petite Fours & Hand Made Lollipops

I don’t think I have ever heard DH enthuse so much about food before, he just loved everything but special mention must go the the Wagyu Beef which totally blew him away

As for my dinner this evening, if there are any vegetarians out there who worry that they will just be served course after course of the same thing – don’t

Every dish I tried offered different flavors, textures and experiences

The chef came by our table towards the end of the night as we were enjoying coffee to check that we had enjoyed our meal and I nearly kissed him ;)

Three glorious hours after entering Remy, I was presented with a beautiful rose and there was even a small vase filled with water back in our stateroom to put it in when we returned to our room, together with a small box of handmade chocolates and a note to thank us for dining at Remy

16cd0d66.jpg

0e2f8d73.jpg

So there you have it ….

No photos

No description of anything that I ate

No information on the wines I tried

However, I hope you’ll forgive me for reviewing one of the most memorable meals we have ever had …………….. what an evening :cloud9:

Coming Up Next - Cozumel & Pirate Night

Linda, the enchanted garden area sounds lovely but I do much prefer to pile the food on myself! ;) Sorry dinner at Animator's Palate was less than stellar but at least the lunch options were fab.

We've been to Grand Caymen about 5 times and love snorkeling with sting rays but otherwise, we stay away from 7 mile beach and rum point which are a bit too touristy. :)

Thanks again for sharing this part of your wonderful holiday!

Thanks for sticking with my review :goodvibes
I know that a lot of people from the ship were heading over to 7 mile beach and rum point but we never made it that far

:love: This was my absolute favourite dish on the Dream last year! I can't wait to get it again in October (hey, I might even get two!).

Get two - that's an order:rotfl:

I'm doing the 10/6 Eastern...St Thomas and St Maarten. Can't wait!

Jill in CO

Oh we would love to do that itinerary
We are heading to Alaska next summer but will probably do the Eastern the following year :goodvibes

Wow the cruise food looks amazing! One of these days we are going to have to take the DCL!

I highly recommend you do :goodvibes

Really enjoying your cruise reviews! Your morning routine sounds absolutely wonderful, and I would love to have DH's exact meal at Animator's Palate. :thumbsup2

I so miss that morning routine, one of my fave things of the cruise :cloud9:

Remy sounds like a fantasy. :goodvibes I have to say, I don't think I would've wanted to take pictures at a meal like that either, but I still really enjoyed the experiential review. Hearing about the impeccable service and your reactions to the presentation and flavors of the dishes was more than enough. :)

Remy sounds like a fantasy. :goodvibes I have to say, I don't think I would've wanted to take pictures at a meal like that either, but I still really enjoyed the experiential review. Hearing about the impeccable service and your reactions to the presentation and flavors of the dishes was more than enough. :)

I completely agree! It sounds like a thoroughly magical evening and taking notes or taking the camera out to snap photos would have distracted from the overall experience. Your descriptions were wonderful, and I definitely got a good sense of how incredible the evening was for you and your DH. :thumbsup2

Wow! Sounds like you had an amazing meal at Remy. I've always been interested in eating there but I wasn't sure if it'd be a good experience for me, as a vegetarian. You may have just convinced me to go for it! :goodvibes

Thanks for your lovely comments :goodvibes
I enjoyed writing the review as it reminded me of a wonderful evening :goodvibes

I completely agree! It sounds like a thoroughly magical evening and taking notes or taking the camera out to snap photos would have distracted from the overall experience. Your descriptions were wonderful, and I definitely got a good sense of how incredible the evening was for you and your DH. :thumbsup2

Thanks!
You are right, it really was a magical evening :goodvibes

Wow! Sounds like you had an amazing meal at Remy. I've always been interested in eating there but I wasn't sure if it'd be a good experience for me, as a vegetarian. You may have just convinced me to go for it! :goodvibes

I can't imagine getting a better vegetarian meal anwhere :cloud9:
A lot of people focus on is the price of the meal, as clearly the ingredients for the vegetarian dishes don't cost anything like those of the standard menu but I think you are getting so much more than just the raw ingredients. There was such care in each dish, vegetarian or not, and the servers and chef seemed really proud of what they were serving :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter