Old Disney Park photos

This is a picture of me with Pluto at Epcot sometime in the mid 80s. Maybe 1986 or 1987? Isn't his hat and boots combo spectacular?!

I apologize in advance for the quality of this photo-it has definitely seen better days but I stumbled across it and wanted to share. This is me and my sister circa 1986 so I was about 7 in this picture and she was 5. It seems that we were at Epcot and met up with Figment :) My favorite memory from this trip and one that my whole family still laughs at-my father was walking backwards trying to snap a picture of the flamingos that used to live in Epcot-well he kept walking and walking and tripped backwards right over a park bench. :rotfl2: Thankfully nothing was injured other than his pride.

Figment.jpg

Okay, I'm only on page 95 atm (I have a while to go :faint:), but I've found the ultimate music to listen to whilst looking at these pictures. It's a combination of some Disney tunes and some other popular songs, but they're all orchestrated versions of them. I highly suggest listening to the following songs when you look at the pictures (or just whenever...these renditions are gorgeous and the Disney ones make me THIS close to crying :sad:)

All of these songs are performed by The Eden Symphony Orchestra.

* When You Wish Upon A Star
* Over The Rainbow
* What A Feeling (Flashdance)
* Can You Feel The Love Tonight?
* Edelweiss
* Moon River
* A Whole New World
* Beauty And The Beast

*The last three are my absolute favorite. Hands down. If I had to pick only three from these to listen to for the rest of my life, those would be it. :lovestruc*

Omg I forgot all about tht burning cabin! Haha
Wonder when it stooped burning...

From Yesterland.com:

The Liberty Belle riverboat went down for “rehab” in September 2005 for nearly a year. Because guests would not see the Burning Settler’s Cabin, Magic Kingdom management turned off the flames. The riverboat came back, but the flames didn’t. The pipes that supplied the propane (which were the original pipes from 1971) had deteriorated due to age and a year of not being used.

From Yesterland.com:

Thanks for the info. I guess we saw it in our trips prior to 2005 but never noticed :confused3

Wish I had though!

Thanks Joe for bringing back some part of WDW history to mind!

1987 at Epcot

4304_81287733943_1595685_n.jpg

My favorite picture ever! I am on the left and my little sister is the one with the face. She just saw the jumping fountain jump, we think.
4304_81287728943_809662_n.jpg

1987 at Epcot

My favorite picture ever! I am on the left and my little sister is the one with the face. She just saw the jumping fountain jump, we think.
4304_81287728943_809662_n.jpg

This might just be my favorite picture of the entire thread! Thanks so much for sharing!

That's great.

I have two more photo shoots planned for MK, one of which is to exactly repeat- to the extent possible- the shots I took in 1973 on my first visit.

:)

Jud

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter