Old Disney Park photos

klmall said:
Love these pony2wild! These would definitely be worth some photo processing/editing using Photoshop or Photoshop Elements.

Thank you! Yes, I need to learn to do that for sure!

Ok, I tried to edit these a little tonight. Copying from the DIS instead of working with the original creates some problems in resolution etc. but here goes:

Unknown001_zps6baad619%20copy%205-XL.jpg
Unknown001_zps6baad619%20copy%205rev-XL.jpg

Unknown_zps2db5bff0%20copy%203-L.jpg
Unknown_zps2db5bff0%20copy%203rev-L.jpg

Unknown_zps2db5bff0%20copy%204-L.jpg
Unknown_zps2db5bff0%20copy%204rev-L.jpg

Unknown_zps2db5bff0%20copy%208-XL.jpg
Unknown_zps2db5bff0%20copy%208rev-XL.jpg

Unknown_zps2db5bff0%20copy%207-L.jpg
Unknown_zps2db5bff0%20copy%207rev-L.jpg

Unknown001_zps6baad619%20copy%203-L.jpg
Unknown001_zps6baad619%20copy%203rev-L.jpg

Unknown001_zps6baad619%20copy%204-L.jpg
Unknown001_zps6baad619%20copy%204rev-L.jpg

Unknown001_zps6baad619%20copy%206-XL.jpg
Unknown001_zps6baad619%20copy%206rev-XL.jpg

Unknown001_zps6baad619%20copy%208-XL.jpg
Unknown001_zps6baad619%20copy%208rev-XL.jpg

In this one, the original looks better to me ;)
Unknown_zps2db5bff0%20copy%206-XL.jpg
Unknown_zps2db5bff0%20copy%206rev-XL.jpg

Unknown_zps2db5bff0%20copy%209-L.jpg
Unknown_zps2db5bff0%20copy%209rev-L.jpg

Unknown001_zps6baad619%20copy%209-XL.jpg
Unknown001_zps6baad619%20copy%209rev-XL.jpg

Ok, I tried to edit these a little tonight. Copying from the DIS instead of working with the original creates some problems in resolution etc. but here goes:

Not bad Kathy! (And actually, a couple of really good ones!)

I gave one of them a shot, but as you said, working with these small rez versions, didn't get any results worth sharing. But I was intrigued by that car on Autopia! LOL!

:)

Jud

klmall said:

In this one, the original looks better to me ;)

Thank you!!!! You are the bomb!!

Not bad Kathy! (And actually, a couple of really good ones!)

I gave one of them a shot, but as you said, working with these small rez versions, didn't get any results worth sharing. But I was intrigued by that car on Autopia! LOL!

Jud

Thanks for the confirmation Jud! I tried several techniques I commonly use with my old photos and it was so difficult to get sharpness without distortion.

I know that every time I work with my 1960s photos I say a "Thank you!" for digital cameras and raw format.

Thanks for the confirmation Jud! I tried several techniques I commonly use with my old photos and it was so difficult to get sharpness without distortion.

I know that every time I work with my 1960s photos I say a "Thank you!" for digital cameras and raw format.

LOL! Well, one needs a really good scanner and the BIG hunk of patience to make the fine adjustments for every negative or slide- or in worst case scenario, print. Note that prints ARE deliberately "blurred" in the print process by the flow of the dyes to make them smoother.

I keep meaning to buy Focus Magic and re-do all those old shots...

Oh! Also when scanning, I scan at least 300 DPI, or pixels per inch, and often 600. My scanner will do up to 1800 in one direction and 2400 in the other. ??? If you convert that to account for a slide that is one inch, you see why you get 300, 600 pixels per inch when you make it a 6 inch scan from a 1 inch slide...

Best thing for general use on the net seems to be 2000 pixels wide...

Jud

LOL! Well, one needs a really good scanner and the BIG hunk of patience to make the fine adjustments for every negative or slide- or in worst case scenario, print. Note that prints ARE deliberately "blurred" in the print process by the flow of the dyes to make them smoother.

I keep meaning to buy Focus Magic and re-do all those old shots...

Oh! Also when scanning, I scan at least 300 DPI, or pixels per inch, and often 600. My scanner will do up to 1800 in one direction and 2400 in the other. ??? If you convert that to account for a slide that is one inch, you see why you get 300, 600 pixels per inch when you make it a 6 inch scan from a 1 inch slide...

Best thing for general use on the net seems to be 2000 pixels wide...

Jud

Totally agree from my experience of scanning hundreds of slides and 110 photos. I scan oldies one by one and then import much the way you suggested.

I have Focus Magic and did use with these pictures but even the smallest adjustment made all but a couple worse. I actually had a bit more success with increasing the Contrast. Later I realized I probably should have tried editing one or two in Lightroom.

But the pictures that truly drive me nuts are the "moire" finish ones popular in the 70's. I have some pictures with good focus and color but that finish tends to only be magnified by scanning. I even tried a couple techniques found on the net to reduce the pattern but very little success. Taking a digital shot of these prints sometimes works but is even more time intensive.

Totally agree from my experience of scanning hundreds of slides and 110 photos. I scan oldies one by one and then import much the way you suggested.

I have Focus Magic and did use with these pictures but even the smallest adjustment made all but a couple worse. I actually had a bit more success with increasing the Contrast. Later I realized I probably should have tried editing one or two in Lightroom.

But the pictures that truly drive me nuts are the "moire" finish ones popular in the 70's. I have some pictures with good focus and color but that finish tends to only be magnified by scanning. I even tried a couple techniques found on the net to reduce the pattern but very little success. Taking a digital shot of these prints sometimes works but is even more time intensive.

Ah! So you did the "pocket" too! Loved that camera! And it was my camera for my first visit to WDW when it was only MK and a 2-lane road straight to the TTC from I-4!

But alas, it sounds like Focus Magic is not that magic??? Though one of the shots you fixed did look magically re-focused?! (Ship in the background) Yay or nay on FM?

As for those "textured prints"... DON'T get me started! LOL!

Oh- and Lightroom, don't know a thing about it- I assume it is a photo program?

Jud

Ah! So you did the "pocket" too! Loved that camera! And it was my camera for my first visit to WDW when it was only MK and a 2-lane road straight to the TTC from I-4!

But alas, it sounds like Focus Magic is not that magic??? Though one of the shots you fixed did look magically re-focused?! (Ship in the background) Yay or nay on FM?

As for those "textured prints"... DON'T get me started! LOL!

Oh- and Lightroom, don't know a thing about it- I assume it is a photo program?

Jud

Yep! Probably still have the actual camera sitting in a box somewhere....

Not sure why the ship shot looks more focused maybe FM worked for it.

FM is pretty good and I would definitely buy it again but I've also found that other techniques can improve a picture such as increasing contrast and highlighting and lightening shadows.

Lightroom is a somewhat sophisticated photo organizer and "processing" program for photos especially those taken in RAW format which is what I take all mine in now. You have all the photo data to work with and salvage pictures and you're not degrading the image as editing jpegs does. It also has one of the easiest to use "horizon" levelers I have used (fixes all your slanted horizon shots) which is one of my pet peeves.

klmall said:
You're welcome!

If you want to send me a PM with a link to the originals I could try working on them that way too.

I have the originals that I am passing along to my family members. I scanned them in my computer so I could share on this board with other disney lovers. Thank you for your help, y'all are very knowledgeable concerning photography!

One day my 1994, 1996, 2006, and 2010 pictures will be shared when I can get to it!

Yep! Probably still have the actual camera sitting in a box somewhere... It also has one of the easiest to use "horizon" levelers I have used (fixes all your slanted horizon shots) which is one of my pet peeves.

LOL! Mine, still in box AND "replaced" with an eBay purchase some time ago, but alas neither works very well any more... and now there's digital so...

And horizons! Thank you! Amen! People have no idea how much time and how fussy I am leveling my images before posting! LOL!

RAW, haven't gone there yet... whole new world...

Jud

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter