OKW for New Years Eve

ebusinessguru

Mouseketeer
Hi :)

We’ve booked in to Olivia’s for NYE dinner. We don’t have tickets to enter the parks that night (blocked out on DVC Gold Annual Pass and we are staying Kidani Jan 7th only).

Does anyone know if we can see fireworks from OKW or if there’s anything we can do at OKW? Would love to countdown at Disney even if it’s back not in a park.

Thanks
Chris

Hi, unfortunately you can't really see fireworks from Old Key West. There are a few buildings that button along the highway (Bonnet Creek Parkway) that you can kind of see the fireworks from EPCOT.
Buildings 21, 22, 39 and 41 you can see through the treeline but definitely an obscured view.

As for at the resort itself, they'll probably have something going on what that is hard to say though. Disney doesn't like to release resort specific things until close to the day of and it doesn't get published very much, generally its a sandwich board at the resort.

Thanks so much for the info !
Looks like we will just rock up. Eat dinner... survey the crowds (and our mood) and decide if we are going to stay for NYE countdown.

Wonder if it’s worth heading to Disney Springs ...

Thanks so much for the info !
Looks like we will just rock up. Eat dinner... survey the crowds (and our mood) and decide if we are going to stay for NYE countdown.

Wonder if it’s worth heading to Disney Springs ...

I would head for the boardwalk over Springs. You can see some of the fireworks at Epcot and Studios from there just walking around a little. Love the Springs, but not for firework viewing.

I would head for the boardwalk over Springs. You can see some of the fireworks at Epcot and Studios from there just walking around a little. Love the Springs, but not for firework viewing.
Traffic could be rough getting to another resort on NYE.

Last edited:
Thanks!
I think we will now just aim to do dinner at Olivia’s and then play it by ear. Not sure if our youngest (11) will make it through all the crowds and the traffic. Especially since we won’t actualy be going into the parks or seeing fireworks. Disney is live streaming the countdown so there’s always the option of going back to countdown from our apartment.

If we are feeling adventurous we might brave the boardwalk and/DS. But there’ll likely be a 2-3 hr commute after the countdown finishes from what I’ve read. So will need to factor that in.

Olivia’s for dinner then a beautiful boat ride to Disney Springs sounds like a great way to ring in the New Year.

Happy New Year!

We managed to get a great car park at OKW. Dinner at Olivia’s. Celebrated a bit at the pool party with Minnie and Mickey present. And then went to DS. Managed to catch a bit of atmosphere (lots of outside entertainment) and then head back in time for countdown at our apartment with the live stream of MK Fireworks. Managed to beat the traffic as roads were quite clear at 11pm

Glad you had such a great time. I watched the MK fireworks live streaming in my Cape May NJ house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter