***OI Meetup*** June 3-4, 2022

I find it interesting that ribs are specifically mentioned on the main Meetup page, and are the featured picture of the unlimited food, but ribs are not actually listed on the available food list for the June Meetups....

Who is up for an informal get-together at the Lone Palm Airport Bar Thursday night around 8pm to kick start the meetup?

How wet exactly do you get on Jurassic park river ride? Poncho wet? Flip flop and poncho wet?
I've never gotten uncomfortably wet on the bottom half from Jurassic Park. Top half varies from soaked to spritzed, more commonly on the heavily spritzed side (if in the first row, you'll be wetter). Bottom half is usually pretty good minus a wet tush from sitting down. But a wet top half is usually fine / preferred and dries quickly. I'll ride it any time I'm not actively cold, and I will bring my phone in my pocket. Not the case for Popeye or the Dudley Do-right flume!

Whoo Hoo!!! Can't believe, this time next week, I'll be up & getting ready to head to the parks!!!
Bags are almost packed.......haircut apptment Thurs.....grab some cash & I'm so ready!!!

Is everyone else ready??? We are so close :banana: :bounce: :dogdance: :cheer2:

Got my tank tops ready washing clothes today so I can pack. This is our 1ST OI we are so excited. I am nervous as hell though going on a plane haven't flown in 22 yrs. But it will be worth it .

We are starting to get excited here!! Kids finish school tomorrow and we have a lot of evening plans this week so I think the week will fly by. Nothing planned for the long weekend, which is fine as we’ll spend it doing last minute prep and shopping. This time next week we’ll be touching down in Tampa!!

Got my tank tops ready washing clothes today so I can pack. This is our 1ST OI we are so excited. I am nervous as hell though going on a plane haven't flown in 22 yrs. But it will be worth it .
Just think of the flight as a ride to fun!!! LOL
I fly several times a year & still get nervous. So, completely understand

Ok I know I’m panicking for nothing, but looking at the weather for next week there’s rain in the forecast every day. Maybe I’m overreacting because it’s been raining nonstop here all week, but can someone reassure me that it’s not going to rain our entire trip?? 🙏🏻 I know about the inland pop-up shower tendency so I’m going to assume the predicted rain will be like that until a local tells me otherwise. 😂

In other news… School is officially out so my kids are on summer break now! I have two more days of work until I’m officially on vacation. The days are going fast but the week is going slow, if that’s even possible?? Like, how is it only Thursday? I’m ready to start packing but it’s way too early for that!

Yeah, its about to be rainy season. In the summer it rarely rains all day, unless theres a hurrican/tropical storm. Wear quick dry clothes, including socks, and as long as its not thundering just keep having fun. Have your stuff in a water resistant bag too.

I find it interesting that ribs are specifically mentioned on the main Meetup page, and are the featured picture of the unlimited food, but ribs are not actually listed on the available food list for the June Meetups....
Don’t forget finalized menus should be out tomorrow. I can’t imagine them not having ribs! It seems to be a staple.
Whoo Hoo!!! Can't believe, this time next week, I'll be up & getting ready to head to the parks!!!
Bags are almost packed.......haircut apptment Thurs.....grab some cash & I'm so ready!!!

Is everyone else ready??? We are so close :banana: :bounce: :dogdance: :cheer2:
Ready as I will be lol I have not started packing, won’t do that until Tues. we leave Wed. I did start digging out more summer clothes however and start getting piles ready lol
I am sure you’ll do great! I have not flown in a while and is not my fav. Just think of the fun coming!
We are starting to get excited here!! Kids finish school tomorrow and we have a lot of evening plans this week so I think the week will fly by. Nothing planned for the long weekend, which is fine as we’ll spend it doing last minute prep and shopping. This time next week we’ll be touching down in Tampa!!
Summer is here! My kids last day was Wed, I had a teacher work day today to clean up classroom etc. I ended up only being there til about 11;30. Next week at this time, we should be in the parks having fun!
Ok I know I’m panicking for nothing, but looking at the weather for next week there’s rain in the forecast every day. Maybe I’m overreacting because it’s been raining nonstop here all week, but can someone reassure me that it’s not going to rain our entire trip?? 🙏🏻 I know about the inland pop-up shower tendency so I’m going to assume the predicted rain will be like that until a local tells me otherwise. 😂

In other news… School is officially out so my kids are on summer break now! I have two more days of work until I’m officially on vacation. The days are going fast but the week is going slow, if that’s even possible?? Like, how is it only Thursday? I’m ready to start packing but it’s way too early for that!
I would not stress too much about the rain. Lord knows it has rained every day the last week here. I am over it. However most times the florida rain is just an afternoon rainstorm and moves on. The perk of rain is people run and leave 🥳🤣

We did Disney in May 2009 and it was so much rain forecasted that week there were threads dedicated to it on Dis and people postponing. We went and had a blast. There was never a day it did not rain but it was not all day long.

Take a poncho or raincoat, extra shoes/socks and have fun! Unless it is lightening, enjoy the parks!

Well we are at the 8 day mark til the meetup! I am ready to see finalized menus and such tomorrow. I see the tribute store is open now, can’t wait to check it out! I loved the rides it is based on, so it will be fun!

I am officially on summer vacay now! I have zero alarms set until Wed next week lol I have started gathering stuff but not packing it yet. We need to take the car for an oil change and ck tires etc before the trip. Other than that we don’t have a lot left to “do”.

Since there is a chance of rain both nights, I’m considering a waterproof backpack or wet bag to carry our raincoats in as we take them off and on. Any recommendations?

https://www.amazon.com/Ultralight-L...53668236&sprefix=waterproof+ba,aps,231&sr=8-3

I bought one similar to that years ago. It’s held up fine. The one I have is waterproof from the inside too, something to consider if you plan on putting very wet things directly into the bag. It won’t absorb, it’ll just form a puddle in the bag if there’s enough liquid. At Universal you wouldn’t be able to put much in it when its in the free lockers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter