'OHANA means CHUNKY! An Aug 2017 Family TR THE END 4/26 - The Last Day and Trip Epilogue!

Hi Su-Lynn! We ate at BOG in July and were very disappointed. My brother and I had the steak, and it was honestly one of the worst pieces of meat I've ever had. This meal was so disappointing for us!!!!

After lunch we went to get Dole Whips, and we sat inside the Tiki Room and ate them while watching the show.

This is really the best place for Dole Whip consumption!

Sadly my Dole Whip melted (was eaten) before I remembered to take a picture with it. :cutie:

Hmm...I seem to have this problem too. Darn those melty dole whips ;)

I said, "Ok, who's Mr. Stickly?" The PP guy whips out, literally a STICK with a CM nametag on it. Mr. Stickly from Big Tree, FL. It was hilarious!

-tfsS4cFO-d45E-AEglDjSvjGJ1HGvYDwNR0meuvducM5c9n47c_RQiuzRqMkGI1fxGvRFaZS3CLXYuMej5-DDUv6SOzHDNRAZdFW-TwBNEazLXOhjXdnWGuWfHvcViV8d1Rw_nA329y55z1rptqVMQ828p4411sy8SsqRj3M5AC_arKU5AUEOM4j547kwU1zWGkxeln45vT1t275BTcrw1F8CfkaWS5fCbxs-RAB3V0jMjpl6_nz12APLCAYHSRDlHWw417M9XYGZfAnIilTYRD32ajaaG-zJtnEHKYQtXE6Sok08akwx-mxow5bPo6D8dBOVy6Gqld-4HbYmeetWxoRQAfC2Kqfa0b9WEOVC0jVgliTPMcpOv8OyrQWFfc1hbr5hVfZrT-8PD6m2CYaytidZ85zcf_1nee5QEBc_MPQlNkU6gSv9QOagHy3rWW3NYoAIBd1HHANZq44G-n1JOfgHoEllEqBAp7fFM9sMB-qwQUTFK1B1MM7ihHmrgu17IzWukEGXnuGHpIUkkWydknSQlQNto8amXsAdglX5aytrVYtGd2-XvTQy4ew82V0O5jX0S0s3RfpHpdQtxXbbdDO7spe2m39KBaUEn39Ps=w375-h562-no
sok_T6ywZCNVc78A3ZSEN4WEN92v5kwVyY1Wr-xuvpCeZXfR20c-1u3CFeKKjLtP0BLmM3F-201SUnW8p6fwokhMVt3qfI-bNkGaZneWkCkC4xgzm9laphb9U5h0koWm-nT0Me4h3eqw9IP3WonR2IyCHPiTXG9RQO1NNHlKELpUZR71iUGGx5u135a-iIrrIvj3MBL1EcL91P21eNETQKcNZgyiKfTKtk5fr-HzCzdDL9TVMHFf1Rnq100_oHF_9e9PgoNIpGssoLMRo9YpKF4ZLP_6JWo_KFxmCJJ-LgMPgtwKUbRYiVepHs6pWMgJJXZ49HdAWrDq37RF37eCNulev73hPpuzxsHh5qTUqFbiw-tx2XwkD45qi9dsDq7RJhtGbdnbcKARs9ecfQA7tEenGr5idx3D8w3VMwk28iYmK_zzsgjkO0FusCuVMEmxgHl0wgW9f5I1JIDTwtzN9vEXMm4bX780ogS_KUkG6RJh4IFVvChEB4Jkg_Az6jU963NodHC7YjU0akh9-l6_7hu1lCY7HVYTPUTGVkTgk_F2qs1iQG_u94KyArhFhhOb5NpOxMqO9eGO5hhozJ-OYQYOhfrAANxsmKHTFW1BUOk=w375-h562-no

hahaha!! That's hilarious. I wonder if that PP photog was having a slow day. He gets bonus creativity points!

I love CS's photopass-palooza!! These are my favorite two pictures, but they're all great!

I don't think Steve knew where the new ride camera was. :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: What is that face??

We walked into Be Our Guest and were shown a large table in my favorite room, the Library!

I've never eaten in this room, but I like it b/c of the paintings. It also seems like it might be quieter in there, is it?

I think they were surprised at the quality of food they have eaten so far at Disney and it was only our 2nd table service meal.

:thumbsup2 I think people feel like it's going to be fast food quality because it's a "theme park" (I put it in quotes b/c it's so much more than a theme park IMO!)

The braised beef is somewhere under the onion curls!

That is a LOT of onion curls!

although I'm pretty sure those of us who ordered steak definitely mentioned that it was a little too chewy.

The steak there is so hit or miss in my experience (or rather, in DH's experience, he orders the steak, I just steal bites of it!). It's been amazing a couple of times, and just 'meh' a couple of times.

:rotfl::rotfl:

and the grey stuff which is now apparently served on some sort of white chocolate torte.

Yum!! This sounds appealing to me!

It was the first of a few DISmeets with Kathy this week, which are coming up in my TR!

Hooray for more DISmeets party:

This was the only unfortunate incident I've had with an express bus CM. Boo.

What a weird experience! I'd have been SO MAD if I'd have missed the bus b/c of a bad CM.

I'm relieved that the rest of my family did not have to go through this as they would probably never leave their resort if it meant taking a bus like this!

Ugh. End of night buses are bad anyway, but with tired kids it's miserable. Poor babies!! And poor grown ups!

This was a busy, full, FUN day!!

:rotfl: That's so cute!!

It's always so funny when I have interactions like this with CMs!

Oh, my! That's cannot be comfortable!

We were all uncomfortable! It was just sooo hot! The poor kids in their strollers. At least they had the stroller fans!

Woohoo all caught up! I am loving your TR so far. It is amazing that everything is going so smoothly with all those people, especially a group with little ones. Good job planning this one. I love your dole whip shirt, where did you get it, as if I need more shirts :rotfl2:. I am glad you made it on one last great movie ride trip, good thing it was only 25 minutes:thumbsup2.

Thank you!! I tried to make it go as smoothly as possible, but there were always ups and downs.
My shirt is from Etsy! The seller is called YouNameItMonogram
I may get the snackgoals t shirt because it's just too cute!
Thankfully the line for TGMR was not as long as it said! I'm glad I got to ride that piece of history one last time.

Good for you to get one last ride on TGMR. I'm going to miss that one. Looks like the family had a good time at MK while you took one lat spin on such an iconic ride.

I'm grateful it all worked out. I was prepared to miss our first FP if we had to, just to ride TGMR for the last time.

CHH is one of my favorite locations for lunch in MK. Too bad the salad was overdressed. Dole Whips are a great idea, and cooling off in the Tiki Room is a good way to enjoy them on a hot day. I don't blame you for going back to the room, that Mid Day Florida heat is brutal. That stick guy is totally funny!

It was a fun afternoon! But oh sooo hot. I really needed that shower!

I had this for the first time in July and it was delicious! :lovestruc BoG is always amazing.

It really is soo good!

I cannot believe the interaction you had with the CM. Most of them go above and beyond.. and then there are others like her. :rolleyes2 Glad you didn't let it ruin your night, that you still managed to get seats for Fantasmic!, and that everyone enjoyed it!

It was just so weird. It was like she wasn't listening to anything we said. I don't know if she understood that the DHS bus was leaving right then but she seemed more robotic than anything (haha is Disney testing out animatronic CMs?)

That soup looked really good. I always mean to get that but worry I will be too full for dinner if I have it as an app.

I always share with Steve because it's so rich!

That's so cool that he went around the dining room. I don't think he did that when we were there.

He usually walks around, there's music playing right before he enters so you know he's coming. He bows and then goes back out to the meet n greet area.

I was debating the strawberry cupcake too but had to have the grey stuff. I wish they would just serve a bowl of that alone lol

I think they do have just the grey stuff but you have to ask for it.

This was so much fun! I'm glad we got to hang for a bit and what better than on the PM!

Yes! It was fun! And of course you can't beat the peoplemover!

Yes I do...but if I could only get picture posting to work!!! It's on FB of course lol

I found it! I will post it!

I still haven't seen Fantasmic. It just never worked on this trip. Next time!

There's always a next time!

Mmmm my mouth is watering just thinking about it...

You and me both!

That is AMAZING!!!

I love CM interactions like this!

I've never eaten in here! I tried to on our last trip but there was a CM guarding the door and said it was closed. Literally 5 minutes after we sat down they opened the curtain and let people in -.-

LOL they seem to do that when it's not crowded and the minute it starts to get crowded they open it up.

Ooooo that looks so interesting! Maybe I'll have to give BOG dinner a try just to have one.

Both desserts were pretty good!

That is so strange! I wonder why she made you wait. Boo, indeed!

It was like talking to a brick wall. So weird.

Okay so I was tempted to buy a popcorn bucket because I am a popcorn fiend, but I wasn't sure how they worked. So they're only supposed to be good for your stay and not for a whole year?

You purchase it once for around 10 bucks or so and refills cost 1.50, and this is at ANY park. I've refilled the same bucket at all 4 parks. Disney popcorn is like crack! #addicted
They are technically supposed to be just for your stay but there's no way of enforcing it like they do with a refillable mug which has the chip. So they switch up the bucket colors every few months so as long as it's the same color you can technically still use it on a subsequent trip. Sadly if the bucket colors change you will have to purchase a new one.

I'm glad it ended up being a shorter wait...I swear they inflate times early, especially for TSMM. I guess in an effort to get people to stuff like the Backstage Dreams meet and greet and over toward Muppets/Star Tours b/c it's dead over there in the mornings. But I don't understand inflating the time for GMR on its last day.

I'm glad you guys ended up getting to say a proper goodbye.

I'm pretty sure they were trying to do exactly that and it's some form of line control, like how TSM lines jump to 45 minutes the minute the park opens!

LOVE this!! Snow White is :lovestruc:lovestruc so I particularly like her choice of Disbounding on this day!

LOVE Snow white. I think you can guess who I'm running the Fall Feast 5k as...:rolleyes1

Aww!! It's Elena!!

Eva LOVED Elena. She is a recent favorite. She was a huge Cinderella fan until seeing Elena of Avalor on TV and now it's all about Elena!

Oh. My. Gosh. This is amazing, and my favorite of the bunch. This is what Disney is all about!!

I know, I love this one, she's really getting into the whole character meet n greet! Wish I had been there for this but you know, TGMR calls!

CHH is the perfect quick service restaurant. If you time it right it's quick and quiet and the food is consistently good. It's my boys' favorite, and probably mine too!
This looks like a really solid first half of the day!!

I was really happy when we got to CHH it wasn't crowded and we ate at a leisurely pace. Food was good and everyone stayed cool. That is always a win! :)

Hi Su-Lynn! We ate at BOG in July and were very disappointed. My brother and I had the steak, and it was honestly one of the worst pieces of meat I've ever had. This meal was so disappointing for us!!!!

Oh no, I can see that though. I was not impressed with the meat, and there have been times when my sandwiches have been dry and the soup overly salty, however that may have been the exception. I still eat at BoG just because I love the theme but I wish they were more consistent!

This is really the best place for Dole Whip consumption!

I loved it when they said you can eat them in the Tiki room now. It's the best idea they've had!!!

Hmm...I seem to have this problem too. Darn those melty dole whips ;)

Mine melts SOOOO quickly, what is up with that?!? :rotfl:

hahaha!! That's hilarious. I wonder if that PP photog was having a slow day. He gets bonus creativity points!

He must have been bored! He also liked my Dole whip shirt so I think he wanted to have some fun. I love interactions like this!

I love CS's photopass-palooza!! These are my favorite two pictures, but they're all great!

She was in her element. If she was missing from our group she can be found at any PP photographer in any park. :laughing:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: What is that face??

I said the same thing!! :rotfl:

I've never eaten in this room, but I like it b/c of the paintings. It also seems like it might be quieter in there, is it?

It is definitely quieter and also a little brighter so I can see what I'm eating!

:thumbsup2 I think people feel like it's going to be fast food quality because it's a "theme park" (I put it in quotes b/c it's so much more than a theme park IMO!)

I know! I think everyone was impressed that this wasn't your theme park food. They were also confused as to why I had to make reservations like this 6 months out. But I think they were beginning to understand that for Disney, it's an immersive experience and you have to plan for it!

That is a LOT of onion curls!

Haha, "Where's the beef?" :rotfl::rotfl:

The steak there is so hit or miss in my experience (or rather, in DH's experience, he orders the steak, I just steal bites of it!). It's been amazing a couple of times, and just 'meh' a couple of times.

Totally agree with you. I wish they were more consistent!

What a weird experience! I'd have been SO MAD if I'd have missed the bus b/c of a bad CM.

I can totally see you being mad! We were all a little mad. It was like talking to someone who didn't understand what you were saying. She's like a CM animatronic!

Ugh. End of night buses are bad anyway, but with tired kids it's miserable. Poor babies!! And poor grown ups!

This was a busy, full, FUN day!!

Yeah it was probably our worst return trip from a park that week...actually I may take that back...:rolleyes1

It was!! :thumbsup2

I love how CS never misses an opportunity to meet characters!

The Splash Mountain picture is really great! Everyone looks so happy!

I love that there are now photos on PoC. Steve's picture is hilarious!

That's too bad that your steak was tough at BOG. It's such a great place to enjoy a meal.

That's too bad that Mimi lost her magic band. I've got to believe that happens all the time. I'm always so paranoid about losing mine, considering the amount of (mostly cheap) jewelry I've lost over the years.

It would have been tempting to inform Disney about that CM at the express bus. I hate when employees give that condescending smile.

I'm sorry to say that we've had many crowded bus rides like the one you experienced. Nothing like being dead on your feet after a long day and having to stand the whole ride back!

We walked into Be Our Guest and were shown a large table in my favorite room, the Library!
Yay!!!

This is super cute, albeit not a generous portion. :sad2:

I had a very special DISMeet...with @KathyM2 and her DD Alexis!
Awesome! I knew about this meet from Kathy's TR so when you first said you went to Tomorrowland, I wondered if that's what you were doing... :rolleyes1

Ugh!!! What an annoying experience with the Express Bus... and the ensuing issues after that. And that annoying fake smile would have been maddening at the point for sure :sad2:

Your family is so lucky to have you and Steve as their tour guides! Great trip, love your BOG dress!!!!

The kids are so cute, I love their reactions, you got some wonderful pics.

I like that room a lot too, it's nice and quiet in there.

To start I got the French Onion Soup topped with a Crouton and Gruyère Cheese.

Yum! Yours looks sooo cheesy, and that's the best part.

I wish the steak was more tender but I guess I've been a little spoiled by Yachtsman Steakhouse.

I wasn't thrilled with my steak there last December either. I'm glad your fries were good though mine were super salty :crazy2:

Wow it sounds like a busy evening, weird experience with the CM, how frustrating when you knew there was room on the bus. I was really bummed to find out the Express bus was done by the time we arrived. I love the Masters cupcake as well and missed it at dinner too!

Another GREAT update! You are so making me want to try for a BOG dinner one day. We've done breakfast and lunch in the past but maybe one day we'll try for the dinner madness.

Also, as a fellow lover of Disney popcorn, I wanted to comment on this:

yways, we decided to just let off some steam by walking around Tomorrowland. I went to refill my popcorn bucket, which was the same one I had used back in May. Luckily it was too dark for them to realize that the color of them had changed since then, but the CM filled my bucket anyways.

During our August trip a few weeks ago, I had carried my old bucket from THANKSGIVING all the way down with me, even after reading one of your previous updates that they had changed it. While in EPCOT one day, I asked a CM there if I could still refill the old buckets. He said "technically" they were not supposed to but that most likely nobody would NOT fill it.

So during our August trip, the only place anyone ever even mentioned an issue...and I wasn't even there filling it...was at MK when my boys walked up and I think my oldest son mentioned he wasn't sure it could be refilled. The CM did it for him but mentioned she was allowing it just for him. Otherwise I had told him to just buy a box and use it to fill the bucket if they refused.

We had the bucket filled another time on the way OUT of MK (you know the location...right before the exit on the right as you walk out) and also at EPCOT and AK and absolutely NOBODY ever even questioned it or refused to fill it for us for that $1.25. So of course YMMV but that was our deal. I'm still trying to decide if I take it with me again in October or just bite the bullet and buy yet ANOTHER bucket down there while I'm there and haul it back. Like the old Disney resort mugs from days past, I also have quite a popcorn bucket collection.

Can't wait to hear more and glad you've done such a great job wrangling in all of your troops. Our October trip has a large group, but they are adults and older kids, so I may have less wrangling to do and more of letting the kids do their own thing and adults do another from time to time.

Just curious...does your sister use FP's for the meet and greets or does she wait in line? I am always impressed with the amount of character interactions she has.

I'm finally all caught up. Great trip report & pictures as always.
The french onion soup at BOG looks delish. I went for breakfast two weeks ago, it was okay. Not sure I will rush back for breakfast, but would like to go for dinner next year!

I didn't have enough time to properly quote between my classes, but I did have enough time to get caught up and do all the reading! Your trip seems to be off to a great (though exhausting!) start! All your rainy weather at the beginning of your trip reminds me of the end of our trip. We had mostly awesome weather until the last few days. Looking forward to your next post :)

On the way back to the Poly I ran into a PP photographer who asked if I would like a picture with Mr. Stickly. I said, "Ok, who's Mr. Stickly?" The PP guy whips out, literally a STICK with a CM nametag on it. Mr. Stickly from Big Tree, FL. It was hilarious!

-tfsS4cFO-d45E-AEglDjSvjGJ1HGvYDwNR0meuvducM5c9n47c_RQiuzRqMkGI1fxGvRFaZS3CLXYuMej5-DDUv6SOzHDNRAZdFW-TwBNEazLXOhjXdnWGuWfHvcViV8d1Rw_nA329y55z1rptqVMQ828p4411sy8SsqRj3M5AC_arKU5AUEOM4j547kwU1zWGkxeln45vT1t275BTcrw1F8CfkaWS5fCbxs-RAB3V0jMjpl6_nz12APLCAYHSRDlHWw417M9XYGZfAnIilTYRD32ajaaG-zJtnEHKYQtXE6Sok08akwx-mxow5bPo6D8dBOVy6Gqld-4HbYmeetWxoRQAfC2Kqfa0b9WEOVC0jVgliTPMcpOv8OyrQWFfc1hbr5hVfZrT-8PD6m2CYaytidZ85zcf_1nee5QEBc_MPQlNkU6gSv9QOagHy3rWW3NYoAIBd1HHANZq44G-n1JOfgHoEllEqBAp7fFM9sMB-qwQUTFK1B1MM7ihHmrgu17IzWukEGXnuGHpIUkkWydknSQlQNto8amXsAdglX5aytrVYtGd2-XvTQy4ew82V0O5jX0S0s3RfpHpdQtxXbbdDO7spe2m39KBaUEn39Ps=w375-h562-no
sok_T6ywZCNVc78A3ZSEN4WEN92v5kwVyY1Wr-xuvpCeZXfR20c-1u3CFeKKjLtP0BLmM3F-201SUnW8p6fwokhMVt3qfI-bNkGaZneWkCkC4xgzm9laphb9U5h0koWm-nT0Me4h3eqw9IP3WonR2IyCHPiTXG9RQO1NNHlKELpUZR71iUGGx5u135a-iIrrIvj3MBL1EcL91P21eNETQKcNZgyiKfTKtk5fr-HzCzdDL9TVMHFf1Rnq100_oHF_9e9PgoNIpGssoLMRo9YpKF4ZLP_6JWo_KFxmCJJ-LgMPgtwKUbRYiVepHs6pWMgJJXZ49HdAWrDq37RF37eCNulev73hPpuzxsHh5qTUqFbiw-tx2XwkD45qi9dsDq7RJhtGbdnbcKARs9ecfQA7tEenGr5idx3D8w3VMwk28iYmK_zzsgjkO0FusCuVMEmxgHl0wgW9f5I1JIDTwtzN9vEXMm4bX780ogS_KUkG6RJh4IFVvChEB4Jkg_Az6jU963NodHC7YjU0akh9-l6_7hu1lCY7HVYTPUTGVkTgk_F2qs1iQG_u94KyArhFhhOb5NpOxMqO9eGO5hhozJ-OYQYOhfrAANxsmKHTFW1BUOk=w375-h562-no
This is awesome! Good for that CM for coming up with something unique.

Wait there's a PP on PoTC now? How did I miss this?

VPTugLbGpU_nmcHISVPzcNkVAZdAJwj5aULz6xvrpdS_6UHpDd2Sj43CxBxWr6oB5bzikpj22KtIx52gGW-XPxS0mjI-ImXwBMRMLmaREd7ZGEowtC72ze_KI7bZFVOrc3iG_1bPItgtXxDarQ5QeJAztLXk6pGEZ9cwQPpBejD7_UC9P0YP5So2hLuiu_WJldrvmvzpGs3flbaBj9b_N68ct6plN03rAUuKqzeSfXA1iKVKAUFF_jTznnm0b2m5rXaQoNmGVWPvLhPCE1-SniV1UVlPJV-P0SWfH-iAk-qWU2yOdJeo-fa-70u_w3U2-d0MiXljjgGQDZE8h1bZloBRMd6MqX-RK5vdl3HtcSGEILU5rQUqvbMJkVO8JX8qcWeeiEqFHq9s-gQSlvwpz776hhH5oT4U1Mb7gl6EoeDr92-4qTzIPyp9MKOKkL3LUjwuB6hHu6a5QDlUVIiNSVodO3W_1C3uYwT0cK5-yorPT1p9guQb7ub2l-GHkvdnWoxaoCaR-rhnTq1w0anrt3Ky5zQgntI4wTMwBiD6NGLguEhrN5qgt5Z1ktgWgE8jayXhlm0Ib6w5B6CK8rY7bE55WxUIDtWRIm1iv8j7l24=w825-h550-no

Look at all this melty cheese!

7zM5fpy5aukFYjS65dp8ag3f8N-KUmkXw0nRRCuVQwpW8Lhp7Th1Gu2AxudKYvWa3dM0cUFtZuC0MghXDIdHBUvi0KZwOlL1LuPPJ7xgWuqDf6GVqIet0Ry9jRjiThuEJ2bVICac8g-lfEZ2W6ifndm-tuKJaTqZbO1XeqNFloQr_Ne_vWsqrF0zIzWBY4f4wa6iUEYePuGDWmhPAjPK47FI6wur8jgA9g7gr7Z7VNN9HxKjsmfYDnlJ_aPD1-fmGWv4da2tbcS77X47ELjrLxrHajYy6KMJ9sCzTrkDIBMEkQpM7sF738Z2MZBFQi6GIEsSAYe1Nwy0MPdrGyJslXsqMycq8VXedjYg16nHIlw3CGCKN8d_zdvCRLX0SaI_KPw3-wrvs2VXzYyxjYtRHnC_wJRlprqylV1dEUvZTkXsCxDu-_MEJBcoicz537_pD9MwKLvRBbg65UVQ57eJJ7NY5rIsNjkOU1mWWDX5l2Uks489MLnxamX9KX1XQ0V-VjlFN7o3a2jLJcyzWmFX1FIpp1UzOZdqh8-9v3uTfK0agDD2bGd81qUGkhcQtTo-Tm3PF75wO4BgNi3RAB6feye858DvuAhuHuGfd_dX4t8=w825-h550-no

tVAMFVbv57-GRKJGZXZsfxD6j2Lxs47pa7WJdzCFK3LbHmhRKyqpF7lrZHLWlEQUdhxdSMiRX4FnH2S1zmbAqLO2ygMaeNxPZ-UPuZT2rvg8wuTVAKmXs55ssqMmaCzb5ekYbPo8yt93rMa-EmLMn6zjJAtOFT5zAyoM0pvDkudGJ7ppFUvASCFShDfiwiUkfeBUoGzi_jsfy8ifSZu3MadfxJ4O-E_F0BApyi-hCxg6LQjTich44pfiUNQpDCRsOXmUIkFzO3YSUxw0cUymEJrsp-Y2jxRIpzc41JGtE_5cOpiF2AO_u1CMIHjuYoPTdqPZmGzCDrAdv7P3m5oBDmQqox-nfNkq5Bdj6nqbrUAfUJmjJVEJnNi3emZKGaGRXLKGFdo4WvYmwgLVxQz_OtUJMSiSO_IF3xQzCbxmwmcauUHpava2ibiGu5F0X-IDDwtSnhq2YxJP3HMowaBTDglxXD34pm_4MTTmZp6-BTVp3yV5hbdbSMAKGHm-1u6e45qbxSXzef9UplFvoZrK9xEXEuZTd9o_P6tKLtMMT4S7PGp7vs9knfNL3yJIn_XpJUDSvd8eZUDVGgM5Flwa2h38N4Uu2AVy5AOvK5z3sZA=w825-h550-no

The soup was really good that evening with a rich savory broth and tons of melty cheese. It wasn't this good in the past!
I just started liking French Onion soup and this one looks really good!

Your bus situation sounds awful. Crowds don't normally bother me but for some reason they do on the busses, and I couldn't even imagine it with kids and a stroller.

Just caught back up with you. I love this picture of your hubby on POC. LOL.

That express bus CM sounds sooo frustrating. Like talking to a robot who is only programmed with a few responses. I would have been so mad. But I'm glad you made it to watch Fantasmic! I haven't been to WDW in years, but I vividly remember it and it was probably one of my favorite things I saw while there.

CS really scored with all her character and PP pictures.
Your dress is so pretty.
Steves PP ride photos are hysterical.
I thinks BOG for dinner is more about the experience than fine dining.
The Masters Cupcake should be available at all times it's so good.

Last edited:
After lunch we went to get Dole Whips

You can stop now. TR over.

Interesting that, other than Steve, the only person with his hands up ... looks the least excited.

The PP guy whips out, literally a STICK with a CM nametag on it. Mr. Stickly from Big Tree, FL. It was hilarious!

:lmao:

But literally, I'm not kidding you, 30 seconds after I get into the pool the life guard says we all had to leave because there was lightening headed our way. Sigh.

Of course. :sad2:

:laughing:

A very nice lady let me stand closer to the front so that Eva could get a better view. Thank you kind lady!

Disney! Gotta love it.

These are hilarious, the kids look so uncomfortable!

:laughing: They do!

Dinner and a turn for the worse...

uh, oh...

At every Table Service meal there was stuff for the kids to color. I think they enjoyed this more than eating.

::yes::

Steve and I shared a wine sampler. It was decent but I thought the pours were a little small. I guess it is a sampler size. But I felt like even with all three portions, it would be just shy of a full glass of wine.

"Here are your three bottles of wine and a long straw. Enjoy."

mmmmm..... I love BOG's French onion soup. Better than most I've had.

the grey stuff which is now apparently served on some sort of white chocolate torte.

Oh, really!

We knew the time of the next bus to DHS and we got there right before it was to board. But for some reason the CM made us wait for the next bus, even though we saw a few people go backstage, obviously to ride the DHS bus. It was barely a handful of people so I don't know why she didn't let us through, it's not like it was full.

What the heck's with that?
They should cancel that service!!!

The CM still maintained the annoying smile and pretending like there was nothing wrong with having to wait an extra 30 minutes.

"You're right, CM. It's no big deal. Silly us. Anyway, we're going over there to sit and relax while we wait. We're leaving the kids here with you to take care of them. They're probably going to put up a fuss pretty soon. But it's only for 30 minutes, right? No big deal."

When she came out, about 5 minutes later she realized she was missing her magic band. Oh no!

Oh, dear.

That sounds like a rather busy night and ripe for meltdowns and such. The menu at BoG has obviously changed a bit since I had dinner there a couple years ago. I'm glad no one suffered terrible meltdowns, and they were quickly avoided. Too bad about the MB, glad it was easily taken care of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter