Ohana’ Walkup Plan

bigrigsby71682

Mouseketeer
So we weren’t able to get an Ohana’ reservation but have heard that some people have had success joining the walk-up list. I assume this means joining the online walkup list and not actually physically going to the front of Ohana’ and talking to someone.
Whether it’s in person or on the app what time can you start attempting to join the walk-up list? Right when the restaurant opens or a bit later perhaps?
Thanks so much for any info!

Last edited:
So we weren’t able to get an Ohana’ reservation but have heard that some people have had success joining the walk-up list. I assume this means joining the online walkup list and not actually physically going to the front of Ohana’ and talking to someone.
Whether it’s in person or on the app what time can you start attempting to join the walk-up list? Right when the restaurant opens or a bit beige perhaps?
Thanks so much for any info!
Join it online, it’ll fill up as you’re walking there. I think you need to be on hotel property, at least nearby. Not sure when it starts showing on the app. Also search for a reservation night before and even day of stuff pops up

To be ‘near’ for a walk up reservation could be tricky if security won’t let you on grounds without staying at the resort or a dining reservation.

To be ‘near’ for a walk up reservation could be tricky if security won’t let you on grounds without staying at the resort or a dining reservation.
They will if you arrive with Disney transportation. This is only an issue if you are driving there.

**we rolled up on the monorail and were able to get on the walk up list about 4:45 and had a table 5-10 minutes later

Last edited:
They will if you arrive with Disney transportation. This is only an issue if you are driving there.

**we rolled up on the monorail and were able to get on the walk up list about 4:45 and had a table 5-10 minutes later
Walk up sounds easier than trying to make a reservation 🤷‍♀️.

How do you join the walk up I wasn’t aware of this online?

Last edited:
Are drinks parts of your meal? We are going for dinner tonight. Well, actually it’s a 340 ressie, so lunch/dinner? I am hoping that this early ressie may mean a great seat? Should I request by windows? We have never been and we are staying at Poly.

Are drinks parts of your meal? We are going for dinner tonight. Well, actually it’s a 340 ressie, so lunch/dinner? I am hoping that this early ressie may mean a great seat? Should I request by windows? We have never been and we are staying at Poly.
No, drinks are not part of the meal. You can request a window. 3:40 isnt a busy time and you may actually get it. Keep in mind though, there are 2 walls of windows. One overlooking the pool area and off in the distance the MK. The other overlooking dumpsters, a few trees and a pathway!!

No, drinks are not part of the meal. You can request a window. 3:40 isnt a busy time and you may actually get it. Keep in mind though, there are 2 walls of windows. One overlooking the pool area and off in the distance the MK. The other overlooking dumpsters, a few trees and a pathway!!
Thanks. Surprised soda wouldn’t be included w meal. Thanks.

How do you join the walk up I wasn’t aware of this online?

I was wondering the same thing myself.
On the 'Ohana page of MDE, there is an icon that says "join walk-up list". Unfortunately it already says 55 min estimated wait, but if you can make it in the comfort of your room, it's easy.
Thanks for discussing this. I'm heading there next week and never heard of it!

Also just realizing they don't have lunch. Amazing how much planning you can do for a trip but still be so clueless. Thank you, DIS Boards.

Hey all! Does anyone know at what time you can join the walk up list for Ohana? If the dinner servings start at 3:30 pm, is this something I should check then?

Thanks in advance!

FYI I have an 8:45 reservation the day we want to go, but I’m afraid it’s going to be much too late for my mother who typically eats around 5 pm.

Hey all! Does anyone know at what time you can join the walk up list for Ohana? If the dinner servings start at 3:30 pm, is this something I should check then?

Thanks in advance!

FYI I have an 8:45 reservation the day we want to go, but I’m afraid it’s going to be much too late for my mother who typically eats around 5 pm.
I think you can start trying for a walk up as soon as the restaurant opens. But you should check the app the night before and even day of to get an earlier reservation a lot cancel then and you’ll probably be able to move your time up

I would keep checking for ADRs so you don’t have to wait in long lines (setup ADR free alerts with touring plans and stakeout). Also, towards the end of the night the meats become tougher being under a lamp.

Get in line about 30 mins before opening and you should be fine. You’ll be done by 5 pm and can spend rest of the evening at MK.

ADR cancellation is now 2 hours so do check the day before (people still cancel the evening before just to get it out of the way) and the morning/afternoon the day of.

Things have changed so much since I was an active participant I can't really vouch for what's up now, but the last time we did walk up we got in line at the kiosk at 4:30 when they opened. There was already about 20 people there. We got on the list and they said about a 45 minute wait. All people in your party had to be there to be seated. If not, you went to the back of the list. At the times we did this, we were staying at the Poly.
The most important part is, when was this? 2011. Don't know if the info is still good, but there it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter