Oh No!! Tink Is A Carb Addict!!

Tink10

Always Lurking
This is my first journal of any kind, since I was about 11 years old and gushing about my first boy-crush....

But...I need to commit to shedding some weight, and I thought that this may be the tool I need to keep me on track....even if nobody reads my rambling ;)

I've never really been on a diet, but have hit 40-Something and idly sat abd watched as my jeans got tighter & tighter. I was mortified when my neice took a pic of me on Christmas :eek:, and I just didn't look like myself. I made the decision that night to try to lose about 40 pounds.

After reading bunches about weight gain...weight loss...different diets, I realized that carbs are my gigantic problem. I love them with all that I am and no meal is even remotely complete without them.

I wanted to see if I can shed this vermim poundage as quickly as possible, so I decided to give HCG a try. I am absolutely petrified of shots, so I decided to see if I could find the drops. I shopped & shopped & shopped online, but the best I could find that would make it here by January 1st was a hormone free substitute in capsule form.

Now I know that a very large number of people oppose very low calorie diets, but again, I want to get back to my comfy jeans ASAP. (Not to mention, I have a trip to WDW coming up at the end of the month) :tinker:

I decided to ring out the new year with my loading days, so for two days, I ate...and partied...and ate like it was 1999 :banana: And on January 1st, I woke up and just about cried myself back to sleep because I didn't want to give up my beloved cream cheese mashed potatoes, sourdough bread, pineapple ice cream, and most importantly....BUTTER!

I took my two little capsules and drank alot of water, and was stunned because I really didn't want to eat. (I guess that 'loading' phase works). I had the dinky 250 calorie lunch & 250 calorie dinner, but neither really satisfied me.

The hardest time of the day was after 7:00pm, which is my snacky time. I tried to busy myself, but my mind always drifted back to my mouth and all the things I couldn't put in it. I did manage to get to sleep, but it was painful.

I woke up, bright & early on January 2nd and headed to the loo & on to the scale. I was a bit shocked because I had dropped 1.2 pounds! (Probably water)

Sharing the following is the hardest part in posting this, So here I go....

Starting Weight - 168
Waist - 33.5
Hips - 42

After Day 1...

Weight - 166.8
Waist - 33.5
Hips - 41.5

January 2nd was also quite painful, as I was still in mourning over MPSDBPICB (aka mashed potatoes, sourdough bread, pineapple ice cream)

Once I took my magic pills, the mourning pretty much stopped. My hunger went away and I ended up so busy at work that I missed lunch completely. It was a very stressful day, so I did have a couple of episodes of wanting to snack (I do that when I'm stressing) but I made it through the day a-ok.

Sleeping that night was much better, and I was actually looking forward to waking up in the morning to hop on the scale....

When I hopped on, imagine my surprise when I was down yet another 1.2 pounds!:woohoo:

After Day 2...

Weight - 165.6
Waist - 33.5
Hips - 42

January 3rd was much much easier...

I was very motivated by my success, though I still assume that it was water. But hey, we gotta take what we can get...Right?

Once again, I was too too busy at work & missed lunch, but was proud because I did not snack....have been drinking my water like a good girl (ick...oh...did I mention that I REALLY don't like water?)

I actually got a great night sleep and my back is feeling fantastic!

Can any of you guess what the scale told me I had lost on my morning weigh in??

It said that I lost 4.4 pounds :rotfl2: (honestly...I don't know how this happened, but I re-weighted myself throughout the day & it was pretty consistent)

After Day 3...

Weight - 161.2 (6.8 pounds gone)
Waist - 33.5
Hips - 41.5

I honestly expected that 4.4 pound loss to come back to me at some point throughout the day....

Fedex came and delivered a package & I was sure that it was my fat.

I did feel incredibally fatigued on day 4, but I powered through it desperately wanting a nap. I really look forward to taking my fake HCG capsules because they totally crush my hunger.

I'm averaging about 120 ounces of water a day, which I guess is pretty good :confused3

For any of you who want to know what I'm eating, it's basically the same for either lunch or dinner...If I miss a lunch, then I double up on the protien and add some extra veggie & fruit.

1 protien - I eat chicken breast, filet, lobster tail or ham
1 veggie - I don't like veggies, so I've been sticking with romaine lettuce, raw spinach and iceberg salad mix
1 fruit - apple orange or strawberries.
1 dry breadstick or 2 saltine crackers

I've been using a but of balsamic vinegar to flavor the lettuces, but I LOVE the spinach & strawberries mixed.

My back was still behaving and I slept like a baby :)

I really felt like something wacky was going on because I woke up and my little scale told me that I had lost 4.6 pounds. :scared1:

After Day 4...

Weight - 156.6 (11.4 pounds gone)
Waist - 33 (.5 inches gone)
Hips - 41.25 (.75 inches gone)

Well....

It's Friday & I am completely dreading the weekend. We eat out alot and a weekend without restaurants, margaritas and beer is just not a good weekend.

I did cave yesterday and melted one teaspoon of butter to have with my lobster tail. I ate about half the butter, so I feel like I controlled myself pretty well. :)

I woke up this morning very very sad, because my weight was the same as yesterday...No pounds lost :sad2:

(on the bright side, I did shed some partial inches from my waist & hips)

After Day 5...

Weight - 156.6 (11.4 pounds gone)
Waist - 32.5 (1 inch gone)
Hips - 41(1 inch gone)

I'm tired....:surfweb:

it was a rough night because my back was acting up. I have cats & every once in awhile, they all decide to sleep on...or around mommy.

I once again, woke up in a contorted position, because my body is programmed to move to accommodate the kitties. :cat:

I rarely drink coffee, but really felt a need for some this morning. I'm hoping it'll perk me up, because I have a loooonnnnggg day ahead of me at work.

This morning's weigh in had me down .6 pounds....

After Day 6...

Weight - 156.0 (12 pounds gone)
Hips - 41(1 inch gone)

Well, After a week of 'blah' food, the little devil in me decided to go have a 'Dirty Bad Fun' night on Saturday.....Realizing that I couldn't have that much to eat, hubby & I decided to go out for some appetizers and drinks.

I really feel guilty about it now, but I needed to get out. I woke up Sunday morning and had gained 3 pounds. Now I know that there was no way I could put on 3 pounds of fat overnight, so I'm sure it was just water.

I did brilliantly on Sunday, and even made it through the grocery store without buying anything that's not allowed.

After Day 8...

Weight - 158.0 (10 pounds gone)
Hips - 41(1 inch gone)

Good job on the loss, but be careful with it!! Typically, a person looking to lose weight should only lose half a pound to two pounds a week. Losing too quickly can cause you to lose muscle mass (not to mention it is much easier to put the weight back on!). Yes, you will lose water weight at first, but 12 pounds in six days (especially at your starting weight) is way more than just water weight.

Good job on the loss, but be careful with it!! Typically, a person looking to lose weight should only lose half a pound to two pounds a week. Losing too quickly can cause you to lose muscle mass (not to mention it is much easier to put the weight back on!). Yes, you will lose water weight at first, but 12 pounds in six days (especially at your starting weight) is way more than just water weight.

Thank you so much for your comments BabyTigger!

I've taken the muscle loss in to consideration, and I'm sure some of it is muscle. I sit at a desk 10 hours a day, but I've been trying to get up and move more to keep the old bones active.. I am being very careful, paying particular attention to how I'm feeling, heart rate, BP etc. If it comes to me feeling at all unhealthy, I will give this up in a heartbeat.

Thanks Again! :goodvibes

Good Morning! :)

Yesterday was a heck of a day & work had me running in stressful circles all day. I started to eat lunch and got called away, and when it was time for dinner, I just didn't feel like eating, though I did manage to eat anyway.

After Day 9...

Weight - 156.4 (11.6 pounds gone)
Waist - 31.75 (1.75 inch gone)
Hips - 40.75(1.25 inch gone)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter