Oga's Cantina Solo

I think this would actually be cool with the family seating. You could get lucky and make some friends. Trader Sam's seats like this as well.

I went last year solo, sat at the bar and had a great time and I didn't know much about Star Wars! Was a fun atmosphere and the bartenders are very engaging. If you're comfortable making small talk with strangers there's an instant convo starter because most of the cocktails/drinks have a unique feature to them.

I have! I’ve always gotten a place at the bar, which to me feels like the coolest place in the cantina. TBH I do think it’d be more fun with a group, as I’m an introvert and find it difficult to strike up conversations with strangers at a bar. But I love the space drinks, the atmosphere, and the bartenders’ Star Wars jokes so much that I go anyway. If it’s a choice between going solo or not going at all, DEFINITELY GO.

I do this all the time. They don't give you a seat, which is fine, and you'll get placed standing either at the bar or at the next ring of tables. I'm not there to socialize or take the full 45-minutes they tell you that you have. I get my drink, settle my tab, and I'm out.

I do this all the time. They don't give you a seat, which is fine, and you'll get placed standing either at the bar or at the next ring of tables. I'm not there to socialize or take the full 45-minutes they tell you that you have. I get my drink, settle my tab, and I'm out.

Nice. So you take your drink to go?

I go solo all the time and it's fun. I've always been put at the bar, met some cool people on my visits.

I went in Aug. during my first solo trip and had a great time. Met some really nice individuals and one nice couple even paid for my first drink. Throughout the rest of the day I would run into folks I had met all over the park and they would check in with me to see how my day was going. I know that may not be the most typical experience, might have helped that I was wearing my D3 shirt, but I never felt truly alone.

I went last year solo, sat at the bar and had a great time and I didn't know much about Star Wars! Was a fun atmosphere and the bartenders are very engaging. If you're comfortable making small talk with strangers there's an instant convo starter because most of the cocktails/drinks have a unique feature to them.

Same - I had an 8:30pm reservation which was awesome. Walking around Galaxy's Edge at night as the park was closing was super cool, even for a not-huge Star Wars fan. I was given a spot at the very edge of the bar and talked to the bartenders and just took in the atmosphere. There's a LOT to look at.

I'm hoping to take another solo trip next year or '24 and plan to come back to Oga's after park close again.

I think it’s worth going solo at least once for the experience. I’ve been solo three times and each time was very different. You have to be okay going into it that one outcome may be that you just order your fun drink, soak in some atmosphere, have no real interaction with others, drink up, and leave. Or you might be surrounded by folks that are chatty and inclusive and you walk away with new friends. I was glad I went even after the time of the folks around me made me feel invisible the whole time because I’m also a people watcher and I was actually a bit entertained observing their group behaviors.

The drinks are fun and the attention to detail is pretty amazing. It’s one of the best themed areas at WDW. So, worth a trip unless your ego takes too much of a hit being the outsider in a crowd for 20-40 minutes of your life.

Definitely go for it! If they put you in one of the high tables that are actually shared you’re bound to talk to someone new!

I've done it a few times. The first was with strict covid rules, so I was at the bar about 8 feet from the nearest person and just talked to the bartender. The other times it was full and I was also standing at the bar. You can't really walk around and talk to others, but usually someone on either side or the bartender will chat with you.

I ended up doing a day at HS last week and had a fine time. Had two drinks and an Oga's Obsession. Made light small talk with the people next to me that they initiated. The bartender had some great Star Wars jokes. I look forward to next time.

Same as the others have said. I've done it solo, sat at the bar, enjoyed a drink, snacks and the atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter