Offsite Options

2China2009

Mouseketeer
We have not been back to the World for 3 years!!! I would love to come back Fall 2018 and possibly stay off site for financial reasons. All of our previous 4 trips we have stayed on property. We will not get the dining plan and just do 2 park days. We will not have a car. Where would I begin looking for an off site stay? We are a family of 3 and we do like to enjoy our hotel and have some downtime. Any suggestions one advice would be great. I was hoping to do hotel and park tickets for $1100.

We have not been back to the World for 3 years!!! I would love to come back Fall 2018 and possibly stay off site for financial reasons. All of our previous 4 trips we have stayed on property. We will not get the dining plan and just do 2 park days. We will not have a car. Where would I begin looking for an off site stay? We are a family of 3 and we do like to enjoy our hotel and have some downtime. Any suggestions one advice would be great. I was hoping to do hotel and park tickets for $1100.

So you are looking at $500 total for hotel (since 2 Disney park days are $200/each pass * 3 for $600). With no car, are you planning to use Uber or do you need a shuttle? How many days are you hoping for?

The hotels by Disney Springs are convenient. Check mousesavers.com for specials. Also the Swan and Dolphin which are right by Epcot and HS.

Sorry left out some details. 5 nights/6days. I would like to stay as close to the parks as possible. Do some of those hotels have shuttles to the parks? We plan on using uber from airport to hotel?

Do not rely on hotel shuttles...they only run once in a while and only take you to one place. Either use Uber/Lyft stuff or rent a car. We always have our car with us, so I've never tried Uber (actually have never done it in my life), but that's what I'd do if I had no car offsite.

As for staying offsite, that's all we do. I wouldn't use a hotel, I'd rent a condo/townhouse. Check out places like VRBO or AirBnB, you'll find no end of choices.

We have stayed off and onsite and it's VERY inconvenient to not have a car offsite. I'm not a fan of Uber so the only way I'd stay offsite is with a car.
Hotels that offer shuttles typically run very infrequently. I wouldn't want to be ready to leave a park and have to wait 45 mins for the next shuttle.

There are lots of rental homes and condos in Kissimmee close to AK that are very reasonably priced.

I really enjoyed Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa. We had a 3 bedroom unit with 2 full baths, full kitchen, additional sofa bed and a balcony. We rented a car... we are a family of 5 so wouldn't want to rely on Uber.

I also hear great things about Sheraton Vistana, my sister in law stayed there and loved it.

Or if you're looking for more of a single family house check VRBO.

If you go all the way offsite and rented a car, I'd recommend a condo/townhouse at Windsor Hills

Love the location, easy access to the parks -- especially AK.

Nice pool, lots of space....

We recently stayed a few nights at the Best Western that's part of the Disney Spring hotels. The buses to the park ran on time for the most part and we loved being within walking distance to both Disney Springs and the Goodings grocery store just down the street. We stayed in one of the king rooms and it was really big. I found an incredible rate via hotels.com and couldn't pass it up. We stayed there for 4 nights then 4 nights and POFQ. The buses for the Best Western we more on time and less crowded than the Disney buses.

The Disney springs hotels have excellent bus service! They run twice an hour and the pick up right in front of the hotel-no walking like the on property buses!! Some have nicer pools than the others, look online. You can walk to lots of stuff too

I'm not sure that budget is reasonable. $1100 - $640 for 2 day park tickets = $460 left. That's $92 night for 5 nights, including all taxes and fees.

You'll need to budget transportation, and honestly, a rental car might cost less than using a shuttle if there's a cost. Those with a GOOD free shuttle will cost more per night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter