Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon 2012 thread

Shellabell.....you have time to get back on track.

I know having the Tinker Bell will MAKE me stay in "training" after the DL 1/2 over labor day. In the past training usually stops during the fall and winter. The TB will help me stay movtivated!!!

I know having the Tinker Bell will MAKE me stay in "training" after the DL 1/2 over labor day. In the past training usually stops during the fall and winter. The TB will help me stay movtivated!!!

That is definitely what I do to. I have only been doing 5k's since 2008, but I always slack off around Thanksgiving. Looking forward to challenging myself.

Hi,

I have seen a couple of posts with "PR." What does PR mean? Is it something to do with pace?

I decided to do both Tinkerbell and the Princess. In an earlier thread - I mentioned how I was new and just getting started, but I am very, very exited. I love this idea and I am motivated to exercise. I am feeling great with the exercise - and I seem to be happier and in a better mood with these goals in mind.

Best wishes to everyone! I will continue to check out these posts for motivation and inspiration!

:cheer2:

Obviously pace calculators can be off (If i plug in my info I should run a 4:15 full, and ha. ha. ha. If i run 4:30 I will be thrilled), but anyways if you plug in your 5k time you should be at 2:05 HM - either way, you definitely should be on pace for a big PR in May if the weather cooperates

http://www.runworks.com/calculator.html

Thanks for posting the link to the calculator -- always nice to have another tool! :goodvibes Good luck with your race!

I've taken about a minute off my pace per mile and I'm all running now before I was run walking.

That's great! pixiedust: that you make your PR on the 15th. Be sure and let us know how you do! :tink:

I had decided in 2013 I would do the Princess 1/2 to celebrate my 45th, but when they announced the Tinkerbell I decided to go for it. I have only done one 1/2 and that was Disneyland 2008. I have totally gotten out of shape since then; so I am hoping this will get me back on track!

Sounds like you are still doing things and you have plenty of time to get back on track before the race. It's nice to have something new to motivate yourself! :goodvibes

Hi,

I have seen a couple of posts with "PR." What does PR mean? Is it something to do with pace?

PR = Personal Record. It has to do with your time for a certain event or distance. You could have PR for a particular race or a PR for a distance. I think that one of the nice things about being a new runner is that for awhile you PR pretty much every time you do a race because you've never done it before! ;)

And one of the nice things about this thread is that we seem to have a nice mix of experienced runners as well as us newbies! :tink:

I've taken about a minute off my pace per mile and I'm all running now before I was run walking.

Good for you!! :thumbsup2 I have friends that refuse to walk in a race but for me, if I gotta walk - I gotta walk. I find that a 1 minute walk really reenergizes me. You do what you gotta do, right?! ;)

I have the opposite problem here in Phoenix. Our race season was over the fall/winter months and my training was in full swing. As we move in to the summer months, training becomes far more difficult for those of us who run outside. :sad1: There aren't a whole lot of races in Phoenix over the summer to keep us going. I was quick to schedule the DL 1/2 marathon because it's immediately after summer so that will keep me motivated to train during the summer. It was about 90 degrees here yesterday when I went for a run at 3 pm. :eek: It was a disaster. Summer training is going to be really tough for me! :sad2:

JDBlair....right now I would love to have your 90 degree weather. It's cold and gloomy for our egg hunt that will be happening soon. But your summers are difficult. I've been a few times in Aug and Sept. Much too hot to train out doors.
If you have not done the DL 1/2 you will love it. Lots of fun !!

JDBlair....right now I would love to have your 90 degree weather. It's cold and gloomy for our egg hunt that will be happening soon. But your summers are difficult. I've been a few times in Aug and Sept. Much too hot to train out doors.
If you have not done the DL 1/2 you will love it. Lots of fun !!

I like the heat unless I need to go for a run. And then I'm less-than-thrilled about it.

I have not done the DL 1/2. This will be my first time and I'm really excited!!!

Congrats on registering for your first 1/2 marathon. I'm sure you and your friends will have loads of fun. Throughout the race you'll have various entertainment and characters to stop and take pictures with. I should warn you that the character lines for taking pictures can be long and I'm sure you don't want to get picked up for not maintaining the required pace.

Last year was my first time running and I only stopped for pictures with the mile marker signs. I was so worried about not finishing in time but I actualled did pretty good. 2:48:20. :)

Last year was my first time running and I only stopped for pictures with the mile marker signs. I was so worried about not finishing in time but I actualled did pretty good. 2:48:20. :)

Great Idea!!!! maybe that would be faster then some of the pics with characters.

For those of you that have done it before. How many charachters are along the way?? Do you know before hand like when you pick up your packet ??

Anyone wanna show some of the pics they took so I can share with the girls at work that are running with me.. they are not DIS members (I know the horror LOL)

Great Idea!!!! maybe that would be faster then some of the pics with characters.

For those of you that have done it before. How many charachters are along the way?? Do you know before hand like when you pick up your packet ??

Anyone wanna show some of the pics they took so I can share with the girls at work that are running with me.. they are not DIS members (I know the horror LOL)

I ran the Princess this year and I took 25 pictures with characters! 3 of them were repeats. Some of the pictures were in the dark since I started in corral A, so I caught the characters on my way back - like the pirates and Tarzan.
I finished in 2:04.
I don't think there is a published list of the character stops.
But there should be plenty.
If you go on the 2011 Princess thread you should find some links to people's pictures.

Hi everyone! Count me in for the TinkerBell 1/2!
Thanks Lisa for starting this thread and gathering fellow fairy runners:thumbsup2
My name is May. I am a novice runner. Started my "learn to run" program with a local running group just over a month ago. Have my first 5k run on Mother's day (2 days before my 45th birthday). My goal originally was to run the WDW 1/2 in 2013, but when the Tinkerbell 1/2 was announced, I said to myself, I HAVE TO DO THIS ONE!! So here I am, really have to bump up my training :yay: So glad to find you guys!

One of my friends at the Princess stopped at every picture stop -- 32 times. From what the folks who have done the DL half tell us there will be entertainment all along the way, although it won't be Disney entertainment off the park property.

I ran the Princess this year and I took 25 pictures with characters! 3 of them were repeats. Some of the pictures were in the dark since I started in corral A, so I caught the characters on my way back - like the pirates and Tarzan.
I finished in 2:04.
I don't think there is a published list of the character stops.
But there should be plenty.
If you go on the 2011 Princess thread you should find some links to people's pictures.

Wow! You were fast! :worship:

Hi everyone! Count me in for the TinkerBell 1/2!
Thanks Lisa for starting this thread and gathering fellow fairy runners:thumbsup2
My name is May. I am a novice runner. Started my "learn to run" program with a local running group just over a month ago. Have my first 5k run on Mother's day (2 days before my 45th birthday). My goal originally was to run the WDW 1/2 in 2013, but when the Tinkerbell 1/2 was announced, I said to myself, I HAVE TO DO THIS ONE!! So here I am, really have to bump up my training :yay: So glad to find you guys!

:welcome: May! Glad that you can join us! :tink:

The RunDisney Galloway training schedule is up for the DL Half. It's an 18 week program and there are different levels for beginner and advanced runners. http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/event...onsultant/index?page=disneyland-half-marathon I imagine there will be one for the Tinker Bell Half, too.

There are lots of training programs -- it is a matter of finding what works for you. :goodvibes

There were only characters inside the parks.

Here's a link to my (un-finished) Trip Report from last year's Disneyland Half Marathon.

I plan to finish it soon.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2555577

So I want to try to do this, but want to see how early training goes before committing. How can I know when the race is getting full so as not to miss my opportunity? Thanks.

So I want to try to do this, but want to see how early training goes before committing. How can I know when the race is getting full so as not to miss my opportunity? Thanks.

Check in with the Tinkerbell race page on the runDisney website every once in a while...once the race reaches 50% full, they will continually post the current capacity until it either sells out or registration closes. runDisney will also sometimes post capacities on their Facebook page...I think just today they posted that one of the WDW races in January is now 60% full. And keep up with this thread...once capacities are listed on the website, posters are pretty good about letting everone here know.

:wave: I am 99% sure I'm doing this one, my first Disney race :eek: I've run a full marathon and quite a few 1/2 marathons, now I'm a casual runner. I've never made the commitment to fly out to Florida, and previously the only DLR race was on Labor Day weekend, a date that is not only hard for me calendar-wise, but is also usually hot, hot, hot :sad2: SO I was super excited to hear about the Tink. I'll be registering next week I think :thumbsup2

Hey everyone....right now in the stores are a lot of "Tink" (green) running tops. This girl has to keep with the theme. I'm not going to do the race in wings but at least I can wear a Tink(ish) color top. There are some really some fun colors out there right now. :tink: Happy shopping !!

Hey everyone....right now in the stores are a lot of "Tink" (green) running tops. This girl has to keep with the theme. I'm not going to do the race in wings but at least I can wear a Tink(ish) color top. There are some really some fun colors out there right now. :tink: Happy shopping !!

I'm looking into buying a cheap Tink Halloween costume and running in that. Or else my mom and I are going to make a costume. I don't think I want to run in wings but I am going to paint some on the back of what ever I run in.

I signed up for this race. My first DL race, and the Left Coast half of my CtC challenge!! :) Currently I'm registered for the W&D Half in Oct and will sign up for the W&D Half in 2013.

I'll be flying out and running this one solo, so if there are other solo runners going that might be interetsted in sharing a room out there, I'm all for it. :)

I signed up for this race. My first DL race, and the Left Coast half of my CtC challenge!! :) Currently I'm registered for the W&D Half in Oct and will sign up for the W&D Half in 2013.

You may know this, but just so you aren't surprised... You have to complete both halves of the Coast to Coast in the same calendar year. So, if you do the Tinkerbell in January, you will need to do a WDW race in 2012 also to qualify for the C2C.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter