***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

Thanks for that, ya I have seen a couple sites that show the same info. It stops at November. Wondering when they will post December.

Joining in! We are discussing taking a trip instead of buying gifts that both us and the kids really don’t need. They will be 15 & 22 next year and they are in agreement that a Christmas trip to Disney sounds amazing. We are looking at December 17-22 or 23. Trying to decide where to stay and whether to rent from Disney or try for a DVC rental.

I booked a FD BB for December 7-11 2018 back in September of 2017.

Staying at POP.

Its my older sister and myself.

Our hope is that there's a MVMCP on the 9th as we won't arrive until later on the 7th.

Dates have been decided and DVC Point rental request sent in. December 14th to December 20th. wanted to stay a full 7 nights but will probably take in Universal for a night or two. Won't know resort until they can check for availabity but my requests included Boardwalk as my first choice, Beach Club for my second choice, AK Savanna View for my 3rd choice and Grand Floridian for my 4th choice. I will be happy in either place. Or if I have to choose another place, I will be happy there!!

Hi everyone!
Still on the fence but thinking of doing a quick 2 or 3 day trip in December of 2018. We had a blow out of 9 days and 8 nights in September and had a blast. If I know we could get free dining in December would be a plus and probibly make me commit to the trip. We used the dining plan in September and we loved it.

Joining in- December 7-15 annual pilgrimage to Disney for Christmas. Staying at Coronado Springs!

It's official!!! We are planning for December 17-23. Hoping to rent 2 studios at either BWV or AKV. I am SOOOO excited!! Disney at Christmas time...sigh...

Last edited:
So, I am bummed.

The proposed county school calendar was approved. It is the first year since I've have kids in school (7th year) that we don't have the week before Christmas off. Instead, its the first week of Jan. I understand the reasoning, but I have to rethink timing now, as I am pretty sure DH will balk at the crowds from Dec 29th through the end of that week in Jan.

I will keep up this thread, even if we decide to find another time.

It's official!!! We are planning for December 17-23. Hoping to rent 2 studios at either BWV or AKV - DVC owner lined out, just waiting to see what we can book come January 17th. I am SOOOO excited!! Disney at Christmas time...sigh...

Nice! :santa::yay: I would love to go closer to Christmas myself. I keep looking and then thinking it will be more money and more points but I still want to go. :love:

I'm now booked for two separate dates in December. WL for 12/2 - 12/4 and POFQ for 12/19 - 12/22. Hoping to add more days to either one of these dates using DVC points for 8 nights total. I've always wanted to visit WDW over Christmas though so I'm hoping to also add 12/22 - 12/27 at WL and AKL. I'll be 60 next year so I really wanted to do something special and a Disney Christmas trip has always been my dream. If not, 12/2 - 12/10 will have to do.

I'm now booked for two separate dates in December. WL for 12/2 - 12/4 and POFQ for 12/19 - 12/22. Hoping to add more days to either one of these dates using DVC points for 8 nights total. I've always wanted to visit WDW over Christmas though so I'm hoping to also add 12/22 - 12/27 at WL and AKL. I'll be 60 next year so I really wanted to do something special and a Disney Christmas trip has always been my dream. If not, 12/2 - 12/10 will have to do.

Yay! I'm so excited that you decided to go at Christmas!!! :santa:

So, I am bummed.

The proposed county school calendar was approved. It is the first year since I've have kids in school (7th year) that we don't have the week before Christmas off. Instead, its the first week of Jan. I understand the reasoning, but I have to rethink timing now, as I am pretty sure DH will balk at the crowds from Dec 29th through the end of that week in Jan.

I will keep up this thread, even if we decide to find another time.

Boooo on the calendar!! Our proposed calendar shows our schools are off the week before and the week of. They go back to school on the 2nd. The solidified calendar should be out in the next couple of weeks. I don't foresee them changing it, but I will feel better about it once it is out for good. I'm hoping it is out before January 17th as that is when we have to book DVC for the 11 month window!

Hopefully you can find a time that works for you to go...maybe DH will go the week of the 29th! Fingers crossed for you!

I am too!:hyper: I'm just hoping I can get the rest of my nights for the dates I need at the resorts I want. I will have to wait until May though.

From what I have read on here, WL may be tough to get by then because it is supposed to be the best one for Christmas decorations. AK might still have availability then, though. Fingers crossed for you!!!!

From what I have read on here, WL may be tough to get by then because it is supposed to be the best one for Christmas decorations. AK might still have availability then, though. Fingers crossed for you!!!!

Yes WL is the about the best there is for Christmas decorations as we stayed there last December but AK for Christmas isn't too shabby either. They also do a beautiful job with their decorations during the holidays. When we went there for dinner at Jiko, there actually was one huge tree in the lobby and several smaller ones all strewn throughout the resort. Very unique decorations too. It was gorgeous!
22687874_1679378228740377_8533305110888232269_n.jpg
22730635_1679377765407090_6475493612326254775_n.jpg
22730385_1679376848740515_8775703734980578707_n.jpg
22555116_1679376368740563_7397656310323509835_n.jpg
22730207_1679376845407182_6227485792993166536_n.jpg

Yes WL is the about the best there is for Christmas decorations as we stayed there last December but AK for Christmas isn't too shabby either. They also do a beautiful job with their decorations during the holidays. When we went there for dinner at Jiko, there actually was one huge tree in the lobby and several smaller ones all strewn throughout the resort. Very unique decorations too. It was gorgeous!

This is where I really want to stay!!! My husband wants to stay at BWV....we are in talks...negotiations if you will, lol. He has many points about BWV - nighttime entertainment for the kids (15 & 22), walk to 2 parks....BUT...there is no quick service at BWV and that is a sticking point for me. I also want to stay at WL (BRV). He is more acceptable of this so I'm trying to talk him into it....we'll see!

This is where I really want to stay!!! My husband wants to stay at BWV....we are in talks...negotiations if you will, lol. He has many points about BWV - nighttime entertainment for the kids (15 & 22), walk to 2 parks....BUT...there is no quick service at BWV and that is a sticking point for me. I also want to stay at WL (BRV). He is more acceptable of this so I'm trying to talk him into it....we'll see!

We also stayed at BWV during the holiday season. It was wonderful! The Boardwalk resort is decorated for the holidays too but maybe not as much as WL and AK but it's still festive. We stayed there last December and also this past October. Actually you can't lose with any of these 3 resorts. They all bring something during the holidays. Yes Boardwalk doesn't have a quick service unfortunately, but they do have the Boardwalk Bakery if you just want to grab something in the morning. We used to do that every morning and sit out on one of the many tables on the boardwalk. It's a nice way to start the day. Very relaxing! They have a breakfast sandwich and the Breakfast Bounty Platter available here. They also have a breakfast area at the Boardwalk Inn called the Belle Vue Lounge which serves a continental breakfast. The great thing about the Boardwalk Resort is just walking right into Epcot. I can sometimes just go off on my own if my husband doesn't want to, particularly in the evening. You can't beat that for anything. I always try to stay here and will probably stay here again if I can't get both WL and AK. I just may do this and AK instead of fighting for WL even though I love it but I've also stayed at WL the last couple of trips and would rather stay at AK where I haven't yet stayed.

22549589_1679385338739666_1519381703067573581_n.jpg
22555095_1679384938739706_973205719285228732_n.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter