***Official September 2023 Thread***

Add us to the list! We haven’t been since before Covid, super excited to get back! (We were going to come last year, but plans changed.) It will be just my husband and I this trip, so more laid back/lazy and resort focused. We are contemplating MNSSHP, though….we’ll see. Staying at CSR the last week of September (23-30).

Also checking everything out to see how things have changed since we last came, as we have a big family trip planned for the end of next year and want to be prepared….it will be grandbaby’s first trip! :-)

Last edited:
There are four Halloween parties the week that I’m gonna be there! My dad(his sister and a few other relatives ) are only gonna be there Saturday, Sunday Monday Tuesday I really wanna do epcot on Monday and Magic Kingdom on Wednesday because of the after hours for deluxe resort guests…… So really, that leaves me choosing Magic Kingdom on Saturday or Sunday with my dad(his first trip back in 40 years!)…… but they close early on Sunday, plus we have to go to church that morning but I am scared to death to do it on Saturday. I feel like it’s gonna be such a madhouse!! I was going to do Hollywood studios the other day so I feel like even if I choose Hollywood studios on Sunday it’s also going to be crazy because people are not going to choose Magic Kingdom because it’s closing early
Man why do they have to have so many parties :(
I need to figure this out though so I can figure out my dining reservations etc
I toyed with the idea of adding park hoppers, but they’re just too expensive on an already expensive trip

Just booked a short trip 8/31 - 9/3 at BWV!

I had been wanting to go for Labor Day weekend, but there wasn’t much availability of course being kinda last minute. I have only been looking for a couple weeks. One night I snagged a BWV Studio Pool/Garden for 9/2. I’ve been holding on to it, debating on canceling it or not. I came close several times so someone else could use it, but then late last night, I convinced DH to let’s just go that weekend and I would just book us at SSR for the other 2 nights, since that’s all that was available, and I’d put in a waitlist to swap that out for BWV, plus I would stalk the website as much as possible. Well imagine my surprise a few minutes ago, when I noticed my available DVC points were less than they were last night. My waitlist came through earlier today!! I really can’t believe it. It wasn’t even 24 hours later than when I did the waitlist. I’m so excited. This will be our first stay at BWV.

So so excited to be joining this group!! Recently booked a trip September 7-12, staying at Grand Floridian for the first time. It's a work trip, in that I'm traveling to do some promotional activities for my upcoming Disney young adult novel about Princess Jasmine (!!) which comes out October 10th! As a longtime Disney superfan and follower of these boards for well over a decade, it feels like my whole life has been leading up to this! 🥹😍 (Am I allowed to post a link? If so, here it is- hope you don't mind the self-promotion LOL, I am just so excited!! https://books.disney.com/book/realm-of-wonders/) I'm bringing one of my best friends who's equally Disney-obsessed, and we'll be attending MNSSHP on September 10th. Let me know if any of you will be at that party, it would be so fun to say hi to fellow DIS members!

For those of you going to MNSSHP, what made you want to go? Was it the lower crowds? Special characters? We’ve never been and are debating it.

Hello everyone!
I have Sept 7 - 14 booked at Caribbean Beach - For now, lol. I had originally booked AKL for the 10 - 14, with plans to add on the first few days at Universal, but decided to just stay the entire time at Disney and rent a car or lyft anywhere else i need/want to go.

Currently a solo trip, but my husband will join if he can.

Maybe a couple nights at HHN, almost certainly a MNSSHP, and a lot of relaxing. Our kids will both be moved out this summer (one to college and one to his first apartment with friends), so I'm taking advantage of it, haha!

I may switch things up, especially if DH can come along and if the Polynesian opens up. We've only ever stayed one night at CB before, but while I hate the rooms, I love the resort itself and access to the skyliner and Riviera. I can handle the small bathroom if I'm alone, but not if DH comes with me!

Looking forward to September!

For those of you going to MNSSHP, what made you want to go? Was it the lower crowds? Special characters? We’ve never been and are debating it.
I decided to add it since there is a party on our arrival day. We will only have 3 full days, and with the extended hours we are able to do all 4 parks!

We did the Christmas party last year and I wasn't impressed. It didn't feel Christmas-y
But I've talked to friends who have done both and they say Halloween is so much better!

My kiddo is excited to meet characters & see headless horseman (and get candy of course)
I'm excited for lower crowds, live actors on pirates, and making extra special memories with my girl

Decided last night to add flights to our trip, it was only $486 for the 4 of us on Southwest. I am a bit nervous about using Southwest, we have not used them since pre-COvID, but I did build in extra time in case there are delays or cancelled flights 🤞

Decided last night to add flights to our trip, it was only $486 for the 4 of us on Southwest. I am a bit nervous about using Southwest, we have not used them since pre-COvID, but I did build in extra time in case there are delays or cancelled flights 🤞
Did you use the 40% off??
I was so bummed, it went to a different email so I didn't see the offer until this morning and it ended yesterday 😩
But I'm hoping there will be another deal 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Did you use the 40% off??
I was so bummed, it went to a different email so I didn't see the offer until this morning and it ended yesterday 😩
But I'm hoping there will be another deal 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
I did use the 40%. We were going to drive, but the price made it more attractive than 8 hour drive with the kids 🤗. We usually alternate driving and flying on our yearly trips, so this was suppose to be a driving year.

Looks like they are leading up to another discount of some sort in the next couple of days. 🤞 you get one too.

Hello September people! What restaurants is everyone looking at? With it just being my husband and I this time, we are thinking the following: Steakhouse 71, Frontera Cocina, Homecomin, Toledo, Three Bridges, and we always do Boma once for breakfast - sooo good.

Hello September people! What restaurants is everyone looking at? With it just being my husband and I this time, we are thinking the following: Steakhouse 71, Frontera Cocina, Homecomin, Toledo, Three Bridges, and we always do Boma once for breakfast - sooo good.
Hello! It will also be my husband and I at Coronado Springs this September. We are looking at Jiko, Boma, The Boathouse, Toledo, Three Bridges, Brown Derby, Homecomin', Morimoto, Trader Sams. We are there for 2 weeks so would love to hear some recommendations.

Hello! It will also be my husband and I at Coronado Springs this September. We are looking at Jiko, Boma, The Boathouse, Toledo, Three Bridges, Brown Derby, Homecomin', Morimoto, Trader Sams. We are there for 2 weeks so would love to hear some recommendations.
We will be at CSR, also! I forgot to add Trader Sam’s - def going to try to get in. We are going to do a bar/lounge/appetizer monorail crawl one afternoon/evening. Good choices on your dining so far!

We ate at Homecomin' for the first time this past week. Really good food, but so busy!

We had a 7:30 ADR for dinner, was almost 8 until we were seated and 8:30 until our food arrived at the table. There were just 4 of us dining, it wasn't like we had a large party.

It just kills me paying so much for a sit down meals. We have two adults one teen and two kids…… so we’re only doing four for the eight day trip and we’ll just do breakfast in our room, quick service and bring in snacks when we can
we plan on doing Tusker house(first time here, and I plan on doing a 1030 ADR if I can, we can do breakfast and then lunch when it changes over at 11 but still pay the breakfast price ;)
liberty tree
scifi dine(it’s been years since we did this one and now my youngest ones are always asking to go when we go to Disney and pass by)
space220 lounge, If I can snag two reservations(maybe one under my husbands account, not sure if you can get two reservations around the same time with one account), since the largest table they serve is 4….. it will be on our date eight so I’m hoping I don’t have too much of a problem getting it

I'm also going in September (7-17)!

Quite excited as currently have a couple of nights booked in the Contemporary Theme Park View, which is a bucket list room for me. Always wanted to stay there but cost/availability were always an issue, the current room-only offer helped with making me decide to get the couple of nights there!

Otherwise also splitting the stay between one of the All Stars, BWI, and Dolphin. May still change the resorts though!

The last time I went for MNSSHP was 2019. I love going for MNSSHP because of the atmosphere and the trick or treating! And the parade. I usually skip the characters as they have insane lines...

Currently on my list of ADRs to try for:
  • Victoria and Albert - another bucket list restaurant, no idea if I'll get a reservation though.
  • Monsieur Paul - probably will go for this if I can't get a V&A reservation. Mammoth Club needs to get paid for advertising for Disney, I wasn't even considering Monsieur Paul until I watched their recent video about this!
  • Jiko - always wanted to go but haven't managed to make it there yet.
  • California Grill. Love CG in general and had a great meal there last year, though not a fan of the prix fixe menu system. I miss brunch though.
  • Le Cellier - still dreaming about the steak and mushroom risotto from my last couple of trips.
  • Boma - I have been wanting to go for a while but not managed to make it there (same as Jiko).
  • Artist Point - heard only good things about it, couldn't get an ADR last year which was frustrating as I was actually staying at WL last year!
  • Space 220 - not been before but looks cool to try at least once. Probably the lounge.
I doubt I'll get all these ADRs (and certainly not for days/times I will want, and the crazy split stay I'm doing doesn't help with getting ADRs) but these are what I'm thinking of trying to get at least! Plus of course if I actually do all of these it would be way too much food. Probably will keep it to maybe 2-4 signatures spread out over the 10 days, and eat at QS/F&W/etc in between.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter