***Official September 2022 Thread***

Right now it's just researching airport transportation options. Very torn between just taking a Lyft vs. hiring a towncar service. We are both checking a bag each and the extra assistance might be nice. And trying to deep dive as much as I can into G+ strategies for MK and HS since I don't think we'll be using it anywhere else, and I'm still iffy on MK given our ability to access the evening hours. This is brand new for me since my trips last year were both prior to G+, and even for a super planner and strategist it's making my head spin a little.

Also anxiously awaiting reviews of the revamped Poly CL lounge as reopening finally approaches, very curious to see what the offerings there are like.
keeping a close eye on this too. I will have a group of 11, two shorties still in booster seats, and we’re staying at shades of green so some of the shuttles are not really options. My mom and step dad might drive, so we may be able to do a mix of a town car and then picking some people up?

working on now- moving possible itinerary days around to see what we can fit in so we can finalize everyone’s budget. 5 park days or 4 plus a boo bash or party? Universal for everyone or just the HP and coaster lovers? Kennedy space center for all or split up and let some have a rest day?

Does anyone have Labor Day weekend experience with crowd sizes for some advice?

Hi All!

I'm back now about 10 days from my January trip so I can offer some tips and feedback of my trip. I can go into greater detail on another post, but for transportation options I will say I did a private towncar. I'm really glad I did choose that option instead of how crowded, and then read, about how disorganized Mears still is right now. Maybe by September it will be a well oiled machine, but for myself I will probably do a private car again as you just can't beat that level of service or convenience.

I can only speak historically to crowds as I haven't been down for Labor Day before. I will say it has a small bump of locals that weekend, but most others have already stopped going down either because school is just back or going back right after. That being said, historically January used to be pretty low crowd time of year and it was basically chaos down there as most of the January group thread agrees. So take historical data with a grain of salt these days. I still think September and 8 months from now the world will be in a different place again so it may be "normal".

As far as Genie+ goes, save your money for the most part. It did work best for HS, but most other days you're better off with just paying the ILL prices and not the full day of Genie+. I only found it useful one of my days in MK and in AK for only one ride. I would rather make the decision on a day by day basis if crowds are heavier than waste the money upfront again.

Swore I'd never stay off property after my trip 7 years ago but the cost of Disney resorts make it a no brainer on this trip. Staying in a 2 bedroom suite at Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort with DD and DS from 9/10 - 9/15. My corporate discount got me the room for $4 more a night then it would've cost me to stay at one of the All Stars resorts. Personally prefer to stay "in the bubble" but I couldn't justify staying in a cramped double king room when I can stay in the equivalent of a condo.

Swore I'd never stay off property after my trip 7 years ago but the cost of Disney resorts make it a no brainer on this trip. Staying in a 2 bedroom suite at Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort with DD and DS from 9/10 - 9/15. My corporate discount got me the room for $4 more a night then it would've cost me to stay at one of the All Stars resorts. Personally prefer to stay "in the bubble" but I couldn't justify staying in a cramped double king room when I can stay in the equivalent of a condo.
Congratulations @Lexy-n-John pixiedust:!!!!! Welcome in to the September 2022 Group!!! That sounds like a fantastic discount and a 2 bedroom suite you just can't beat. The Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort sounds nice and will give your family spacious accommodations. We look forward to "seeing" you here for planning and tips we can all share. I will add you to our rollcall Countdown list!! September Here We Come :donald::donald:

Thinking of surprising the family with a limo transport from the airport. It I have to pay might as well go big 😉 Has anyone used a limo service they recommend. I have been researching and there seem to be several options.

Right now it's just researching airport transportation options. Very torn between just taking a Lyft vs. hiring a towncar service. We are both checking a bag each and the extra assistance might be nice. And trying to deep dive as much as I can into G+ strategies for MK and HS since I don't think we'll be using it anywhere else, and I'm still iffy on MK given our ability to access the evening hours. This is brand new for me since my trips last year were both prior to G+, and even for a super planner and strategist it's making my head spin a little.

Also anxiously awaiting reviews of the revamped Poly CL lounge as reopening finally approaches, very curious to see what the offerings there are like.

We've decided to try the Sunshine Flyer!!

Not sure if this "counts" for this thread but my wife and I are staying at an Air BnB relatively close to property for the whole month of September.

We've thrown around the idea of potentially moving to Orlando (from Michigan) so we wanted to get a feel for what it's like to actually live there for a month outside of the Disney bubble.

We know Disney is always busy but we're hoping the crowds will at least be below average. We'll be doing a 10 day park hopper while we're down there so I'm thinking we should be able to cover a lot of ground given that amount of time, even without the added benefits of staying on-site.

I wouldn't usually like to fast-forward through summer but in this case we can't wait to get down there!:earsboy:

Hello!

I just booked Sept 18th - 23rd at Port Orleans. We were planning on May but decided to wait in hopes of more things being open. I've never been in May. I know it will be hot but surely it's better than August right? Lol I've never seen WDW decorated for Halloween! I can't wait!!

I changed my reservation from POFQ to POP. Same days (Sept 10 to 20).

I was at POFQ in early December and so much has changed that it just isn't worth the extra $1,000 to stay there. Bus transportation to the parks was hit-and-miss and heading back in the middle of the day was terrible. The food options are no longer unique to the resort - with the exception of the beignets. So I'll save a grand and stay at POP.

I'm starting my trip at Universal for 4 days so I'll give Sunshine Flyer a try one way - to MCO

Not sure if this "counts" for this thread but my wife and I are staying at an Air BnB relatively close to property for the whole month of September.

We've thrown around the idea of potentially moving to Orlando (from Michigan) so we wanted to get a feel for what it's like to actually live there for a month outside of the Disney bubble.

We know Disney is always busy but we're hoping the crowds will at least be below average. We'll be doing a 10 day park hopper while we're down there so I'm thinking we should be able to cover a lot of ground given that amount of time, even without the added benefits of staying on-site.

I wouldn't usually like to fast-forward through summer but in this case we can't wait to get down there!:earsboy:
Welcome @marmentrout85!!!! :welcome: You have found the right place! How awesome to be staying in Florida and the Orlando area for the month of September!!! I feel the same some days, wishing I could fast-forward also. Some of the fun is looking forward and planning a Disney trip too. I will add you to our countdown roll call and look forward to seeing you here for planning with our "September 2022 Group"! ::MickeyMo

Hello!

I just booked Sept 18th - 23rd at Port Orleans. We were planning on May but decided to wait in hopes of more things being open. I've never been in May. I know it will be hot but surely it's better than August right? Lol I've never seen WDW decorated for Halloween! I can't wait!!
Hello @NightAngelX and Welome in to the September 2022 Group!!! :cheer2: The decorations are really nice for Halloween at Disney and also there is the Halloween Party during that time also. Plus some special snacks and treats for that time of year are also themed for fall and Halloween. I love September lower crowds although it is Hot!!! 😎 We all look forward to you being here in our Group for more planning in the future. We September people love planning !!!!! I will add you to the countdown list and if you would like to be specific about the resort you are staying at - French Quarters or Riverside I can add that also. By the way I love both of those resorts and have stayed at both. pooh:

I was at POFQ in early December and so much has changed that it just isn't worth the extra $1,000 to stay there. Bus transportation to the parks was hit-and-miss and heading back in the middle of the day was terrible. The food options are no longer unique to the resort - with the exception of the beignets. So I'll save a grand and stay at POP.

I'm starting my trip at Universal for 4 days so I'll give Sunshine Flyer a try one way - to MCO

Its funny you say this because I was at POP for my January trip and I'm so happy I'm going to be at POFQ for my September trip. While I liked the room itself at POP and the convenience of the skyliner, I found myself completely unimpressed otherwise and I'm looking forward to a much quieter environment of FQ as well as the much smaller size. I hated the location of my room in particular at POP. Even though I was in a preferred room in the 50s section it was at the very end of the building on the top floor. At the end of the night after walking 10 miles a day I hated having to walk to the center of the building for the elevator, and then ALL the way back to the end again. I missed my one flight up or down room in the building right next to the main building and bus stop at FQ.

HI @StageTek!!! :wave2: I changed your resort to POP on our countdown. Saving is always good especially that amount. That sounds wonderful to be going to Universal in a few days. Have a great trip and lots of fun in Florida!!

Just wanted to come back and report we used standard Mears Connect for our family of 4 last week without incident. We waited less than 10 mins (if that) at MCO and the bus showed up exactly on time to pick us up for the ride back to MCO from our resort. No complaints for the service from me. I'd use it again without hesitation. I have read other experiences with less ideal experiences so wanted to share a positive one. Now onto dreaming of this Sept trip! :)

I just ran our budget last night for each of the 3 families coming on our trip. 7500$ for my family of four if we do my preferred TS and add universal and a Halloween party (fingers crossed they have one!) a little sobering to see the numbers! That’s significantly more than our 2016 trip… like twice as much! Still excited but ouch.

I just ran our budget last night for each of the 3 families coming on our trip. 7500$ for my family of four if we do my preferred TS and add universal and a Halloween party (fingers crossed they have one!) a little sobering to see the numbers! That’s significantly more than our 2016 trip… like twice as much! Still excited but ouch.

There could be a fall discount which might be nice.

Hi everyone! Tentatively planning a trip for Sept 23-Oct 2. We haven't been since the same week in 2019 due to the pandemic. I remember being so anxious about hurricane season last time! Hoping that it all works out.
Will be deciding where to book over the coming week, and then I can start stalking airfare and rental cars!

Hi Everyone. We have a trip planned but it's still up in the air if it will actually happen.
When are we going? Sept 4-6 POFQ and 6-10 at AKL
Who's going? Wife and myself, and we are bringing our son's family. Son has been many times, but daughter in law and granddaughter have never been. Granddaughter's birthday is a couple weeks after we go so it will be great for her to celebrate while in Disney. Daughter in law's favorite holiday is Halloween and we have never been during the Halloween season at Disney. And lastly, since we are DVC we got them a savanna view room at AKL for their stay.
Always great to experience new things at Disney, even if you've been many times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter