***Official September 2022 Thread***

Great for a January trip, skyliner, and just being at Disney. We liked staying at POP one night before our 2020 stay at the Poly. Staff very friendly and helpful. You will have to give us a trip report (please :)).

I definitely will. I decided to do two shorter trips at different times of year instead of one longer one when I was doing my planning hence the Jan/Sept trips. This also is a way to make up for the missed trip to Disneyland from last year thanks to a certain pandemic 🤨.

So I have made a little change. Most people would consider it crazy to be thinking about and changing plans 11 months out. But not this group, I bet!

My AP ends on Sept 20. I went Sept 21 to 30 this year (2021) so I figured I'd push back my trip a little. Now staying at POFQ from Sept 10 to 20 - the very last day of my AP. I'm going to add my very first stay over at Universal from Sept 6 to 10. Make it a big 14 day vacation!

I have a feeling that 4 days at Universal will be too much so I won't be surprised if I head to The World on one of those days...

I'll be at the Poly Sept 6th-10th for a guy's only trip. He and I are the trip planners for our annual trips when we are able to schedule our families together. Trader Sam's will be a must. We have been before, but not while staying at the Poly. I am also really hoping for a Halloween party, but it will be a great trip if not at any rate. We should most certainly have F&W at that time. Looking forward to seeing what we get to plan as time moves forward.

So I have made a little change. Most people would consider it crazy to be thinking about and changing plans 11 months out. But not this group, I bet!

My AP ends on Sept 20. I went Sept 21 to 30 this year (2021) so I figured I'd push back my trip a little. Now staying at POFQ from Sept 10 to 20 - the very last day of my AP. I'm going to add my very first stay over at Universal from Sept 6 to 10. Make it a big 14 day vacation!

I have a feeling that 4 days at Universal will be too much so I won't be surprised if I head to The World on one of those days...

May I ask you how the crowds were this year during your visit? We are going similar dates next year (9/23 - 9/30) and while I know things are NEVER the same, I was just curious about your experience. Thanks!

May I ask you how the crowds were this year during your visit? We are going similar dates next year (9/23 - 9/30)

Very light. Low wait times everywhere - even the "big" rides were in the 35/45 minute range most of the day. I walked through the FoP line for the first time ever - three times. I was there the day RotR went to stand-by - wait time at 5PM was 30 minutes. Always found a table at quick service places. I do eat a off times...

I go most Septembers and this was one of the least crowded (after 2020). It did feel more crowded than other trips for some reason - crowded walkways at MK and DHS - but lines were so short I went on more rides than usual.

Very light. Low wait times everywhere - even the "big" rides were in the 35/45 minute range most of the day. I walked through the FoP line for the first time ever - three times. I was there the day RotR went to stand-by - wait time at 5PM was 30 minutes. Always found a table at quick service places. I do eat a off times...

I go most Septembers and this was one of the least crowded (after 2020). It did feel more crowded than other trips for some reason - crowded walkways at MK and DHS - but lines were so short I went on more rides than usual.

Thank you for your insight! We went the beginning of September over Labor Day this year and found it to be fairly crowded. We switched it up for next year hoping to avoid the holiday weekend crowds since we heard the week after the holiday it was dead. Fingers crossed everybody has great trips in 2022!

For several years I get to The World the Tuesday after Labor Day. Never on the holiday itself. It's a good time to go.

The one exception was in 2018. Dorian was threatening and it looked like MCO was going to close on Labor Day. So I booked a 2 night stay at POP before my POFQ reservation. Of course the threat of the hurricane kept people away so that doesn't really count...

For several years I get to The World the Tuesday after Labor Day. Never on the holiday itself. It's a good time to go.

The one exception was in 2018. Dorian was threatening and it looked like MCO was going to close on Labor Day. So I booked a 2 night stay at POP before my POFQ reservation. Of course the threat of the hurricane kept people away so that doesn't really count...

That's a good idea. I'm going the Wednesday after labor day and if it looks like there's a chance of a problem I could try and beat it down.

I'll be at the Poly Sept 6th-10th for a guy's only trip. He and I are the trip planners for our annual trips when we are able to schedule our families together. Trader Sam's will be a must. We have been before, but not while staying at the Poly. I am also really hoping for a Halloween party, but it will be a great trip if not at any rate. We should most certainly have F&W at that time. Looking forward to seeing what we get to plan as time moves forward.
Welcome to our Group DduzDis!! So glad you joined us. A Guys only trip will be great!! My husband would love it :poop:Lol! Love Trader Sams also. We will be at the Poly also during that time and are considering the Halloween Party too. Can't Wait. Let the planning begin :mickeyjum

StageTek Of course NOT this group! Some of us will do the same thing (many times) :cheer2: Ahhh 14 days....... Nice,
I think our group is cheering you on!!! Changed your dates in our countdown.

oh yay I belong here!

We have rented points at Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savannah view) for Sept 10-20 2022!! I'm so excited!!! This is our first time staying Deluxe (and is the only way we could afford it but this was cheaper than our original plan!!). We'll also be going to universal for the 21st - 26th and most likely staying at HRH.

We're very seriously considering APs this time around because we are also going in May. While technically it would be a bit cheaper to just do the tickets, I feel like the 20% discount would make up that difference, especially over 2 trips. And of course we won't rule out a 3rd in 2023 if we can afford it haha. We'll definitely be doing APs for Universal - that is always worth it!

Also @StageTek - 1) we are date twins and 2) the number of times I make changes makes my DH's head spin lol. But this time I likely won't be doing much with September as the May trip will be our testing ground for Genie+ and to scope out other things that we want to do.

oh yay I belong here!

We have rented points at Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savannah view) for Sept 10-20 2022!! I'm so excited!!! This is our first time staying Deluxe (and is the only way we could afford it but this was cheaper than our original plan!!). We'll also be going to universal for the 21st - 26th and most likely staying at HRH.

We're very seriously considering APs this time around because we are also going in May. While technically it would be a bit cheaper to just do the tickets, I feel like the 20% discount would make up that difference, especially over 2 trips. And of course we won't rule out a 3rd in 2023 if we can afford it haha. We'll definitely be doing APs for Universal - that is always worth it!
Welcome PixieT78!!:welcome: So glad you joined us!! You belong right here!!!! We have a great group here and I am sure you will enjoy trip planning here. My family would love to stay at Savannah view at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Such a fantastic resort! My favorite ride is the Safari at AK so you will have your safari out your window every day. Can't get any better there. A great vacation in the making at Disney And Universal :tink:Look forward to "seeing" you here on our group for the countdown. I have added you to our roll call.

Last edited:
Question for the week of Friday November 5th through Thursday November 11th

What Extras do you plan to add to your September Disney Trip? For example Dessert party, Genie plus, Preferred room upgrades, Halloween party, etc. Share your extras with our group. pooh:

Just switched from Movies to Art of Animation! Same dates! Couldn't resist my youngest daughter's request for a Little Mermaid Room! We haven't stayed in one since they upgraded to Queen beds! Excited to try them. And we adore the Skyliner. :)

I'm hoping to add the Halloween party -- especially if Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party returns. We weren't that thrilled with Boo Bash when we tried it this year. They didn't start handing out candy until after 9:30 and it was just too late in the evening by the time the parades began to appear -- and they canceled the fireworks the night we were there! :(

Looking forward to more Food & Wine! That was SO good!

What Extras do you plan to add to your September Disney Trip? For example Dessert party, Genie plus, Preferred room upgrades, Halloween party, etc. Share your extras with our group. pooh:

Fun question. I'm definitely going to do the Halloween Party/After Hours Boo Bash. I'd also be interested in After Hours events at other parks if they bring them back. The other thing I'm really looking to do on my September trip is the Behind the Seeds tour in Epcot.

Last edited:
Just switched from Movies to Art of Animation! Same dates! Couldn't resist my youngest daughter's request for a Little Mermaid Room! We haven't stayed in one since they upgraded to Queen beds! Excited to try them. And we adore the Skyliner. :)

I'm hoping to add the Halloween party -- especially if Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party returns. We weren't that thrilled with Boo Bash when we tried it this year. They didn't start handing out candy until after 9:30 and it was just too late in the evening by the time the parades began to appear -- and they canceled the fireworks the night we were there! :(

Looking forward to more Food & Wine! That was SO good!

Congratulations on the switch to Little Mermaid Room at AOA!!! Your daughter is thrilled I bet. We love the skyliner too. The skyliner takeoff can be quite thrilling! (Lol) Changed to AOA in our roll call countdown. ::MinnieMo

Last edited:

We are contemplating a Fireworks Cruise since there will be 9 of us. I've been, but no one else in my party has.

We are taking our grandkids on their first trip. We are hoping to do a Halloween party. I also think our son in law and my husband will probably build lightsabers. If Bibbity Babbitt Boutique is back then, my stepdaughter wants to get the girls Princess make overs.

Ooh excellent question. Right now Genie Plus for at least some of the days. Total number of days TBD though. We'd potentially go to a Halloween party but that's also a BTDT thing so I think our biggest extra is the fact we are staying Deluxe!! And in a Savannah view room. We definitely plan on spending time on our balcony watching the animals with an adult beverage or 2 :) Does the booze count as an extra? ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter