***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree that it wouldn't help some. I can visualize and measure a box, and it would help me as someone who DOES plan my trips carefully.

Agree to disagree!! Vive la différence! :)

After I ride in Aug, I'll come back with as precise info as I can manage for anyone concerned about the same thing I am. :thumbsup2
Honestly I just don't get how exact measurements would help. Let's say leg restraints are 10 inches off the ground. That doesn't tell me anything as I am not just sitting in a chair. I am leaning forward and also have a back restraint. I cannot recreate that situation in my house.

I am sure everyone will come back after they have ridden and tell us their experiences but those concerned really just need to try it themselves. You simply aren't going to know until then.

Clicks doesn't always equal adjustible. They may have already adjusted it for all we know since some who couldn't ride durinf CM previews were able to ride during AP previews. There is a minimum that the restraint must reach and if Disney already has it at the minimum they can't let any less or the restraint won't be safe.
Exactly, Jackie even mentioned in her piece that she heard a click but apparently that wasn't good enough.

I'm sure you're right that they won't!

And that's a shame given:

1) The bizarre fit variability issues they've created

2) The need to book FP blind, 60 days out to avoid insane wait

----

In any case... I'll move past this issue now!! How about those cute banshee figures?!? :D :)
Can I say I'm more worried about lines to by the Banshee's than I am about riding FoP?

I'd say it tastes like a mix of Yuengling and Bud Light.
Blech! That ain't beer! That's beer colored crap. Please tell me they have something better than that!?

Can I say I'm more worried about lines to by the Banshee's than I am about riding FoP?
I've heard that not all guests fit the Que line. Something about not clicking. Very confusing.
Blech! That ain't beer! That's beer colored crap. Please tell me they have something better than that!?
Don't hold back, how do you really feel?

Husband is fine with Yuengling but neither one of us will touch Bud Light anymore unless it's absolutely the only thing there and we're dying for a beer...even then I personally may pass lol. My mother on the other hand will only drink Bud Light and has a hard time seeing me drink all my darker beers. She now likes to say "I didn't raise you that way" :rotfl2:.

If there wasn't soooooo many other options available at WDW for beer I might be more excited to try it but more than likely I'll pass and opt for a nice refreshment elsewhere based on my personal taste on beer.

Honestly I just don't get how exact measurements would help. Let's say leg restraints are 10 inches off the ground. That doesn't tell me anything as I am not just sitting in a chair. I am leaning forward and also have a back restraint. I cannot recreate that situation in my house.

I am sure everyone will come back after they have ridden and tell us their experiences but those concerned really just need to try it themselves. You simply aren't going to know until then.
I understand. You don't think useful information can be given. I suspect it could. We won't know, because Disney won't go there. That's about that!

Wait back to the click system for a second, LOL

Something like that might actually work. It goes in increments until it is snug up against your calf's

Like this wheel. It clicks in increments.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 6
I'm in line for my second ride on FoP. I don't think any type of measurement info would be helpful. I can see why some "fluffy" people cant ride, 2 people in line behind me were talking about how in their first ride there was a guy that couldn't ride just because he was too tall. Idk the height nor the weight.

My first ride everyone in my group rode fine. And it's not really like a motorcycle ride, you're really just like sitting in a chair. You don't have to lean forward at all really.

About to be on it again so I'll take in a little more and post more later on if I have more info.

Preface this by saying I'm a big guy with large calves that tend to swell due to circulation issues, so I'm going in assuming I'll be unable to ride on my late August trip despite a major weight loss effort and won't waste a FP. Get that they needed to keep people in place to prevent ride stops and wanted to simulate sitting on a banshee, so they went in house and adapted the Tron coaster seating (Shanghai) which seemed logical. What is a little perplexing is this is a simulator not on an arm like Forbidden Journey, you would have thought that they could have put in a few seats like those in Stich's Great Escape that while not giving quite the complete experience would have allowed those that can't handle or fit the restraint system to be kept safely in place and still have 90 - 95% of the ride experience and not be disappointed at missing out on the latest and greatest.
'

Preface this by saying I'm a big guy with large calves that tend to swell due to circulation issues, so I'm going in assuming I'll be unable to ride on my late August trip despite a major weight loss effort and won't waste a FP. Get that they needed to keep people in place to prevent ride stops and wanted to simulate sitting on a banshee, so they went in house and adapted the Tron coaster seating (Shanghai) which seemed logical. What is a little perplexing is this is a simulator not on an arm like Forbidden Journey, you would have thought that they could have put in a few seats like those in Stich's Great Escape that while not giving quite the complete experience would have allowed those that can't handle or fit the restraint system to be kept safely in place and still have 90 - 95% of the ride experience and not be disappointed at missing out on the latest and greatest.
'

I've heard that is coming but the issue that would create is that there can only be so many and there still has to be some type of restraint that can not be easily escaped from. Unlike soarin where you are seated on your butt and lifted up so very aware of where you are and less likely to wiggle your way out here the platform is solid and when it drops and the screen guard rolls up you may not be aware of how dangerous he situation is. I could imagine even a bench seat like Minions would have limitations because there is a massive fall factor in this ride thay is not there for rides like Minions/Jimmy Nutron.

I think I am just confused as to how those measurements would be useful.
Yes. I know. :) It's ok to agree to disagree as to whether that would be useful. Hopefully we can agree it's a moot point since Disney won't give us that info. :thumbsup2

Oh no doubt about that. It is def worth going to even if you cant ride FOP. The river ride is amazing. The most life like animatronic you will ever see. And the land itself you walk around saying how did they do all this.

I think there is a pretty broad meaning of "trip". I mean, there's a few guys that will fly to Columbia to ride kiddie roller coasters. So, yeah, some will fly to Orlando just for FoP. Maybe a few dozen. And some will fly just for Avatar. But most folks saying they are making a trip just for Avatar are probably driving 3-5 hours. Or are spending a few other days at local parks, so the trip is hardly just for Avatar.

We did the Pandora preview for DVC members yesterday, entering at 9:05 a.m. For what its worth, my husband is 6'3" and about 240 pounds. My son is also 6'3" and about 150 pounds. I'm 5'2" and about 170 with my extra weight in my chest and stomach. We all felt comfortable on The Flight of Passage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter