*** Official OCTOBER 2021 Countdown Group - HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY WDW! ***

We're still going but I'm debating changing our room from a garden room to BLT studio. We're staying there in June so I don't want to book it if we end up not enjoying that part of the building

I agree with @Farro - this board is quiet....but I can't complain as I have not contributed much to this point.

@srauseo - we just booked yesterday! on Southwest. Makes it even more exciting!
I believe the bulk of the reason this thread is quiet is we have so many threads going on regarding various topics, from the reopening phases/status, to Disney announcements, to the official thread on the anniversary, and then this.

Also, people are still concerned about committing to a stay until they know what the future holds. Disney has not helped that much by refraining from any mention on the reopening of the closed resorts, restaurants and shows. I understand Disney's hesitation, but they hold this information too close to the chest for comfort.

I don't think I ever posted on this thread.
We'll be there for the 50th, Sep30-Oct6, BLT.
So hoping for MNSSHP. 🤞
I was there for my 50th in March. I decided since I turn 50 with WDW this year, I wanted a Disney tattoo. (I only had a small butterfly on my back from my 20s) Once I saw the 50th logo, I went with it, just the outline, on my ankle. :) 🤷‍♀️
I ordered/received my and DD26's 50th ears off Etsy.
We know it's going to be crazy crowds, but have to say we did it. :teeth:

I don't think I ever posted on this thread.
We'll be there for the 50th, Sep30-Oct6, BLT.
So hoping for MNSSHP. 🤞
I was there for my 50th in March. I decided since I turn 50 with WDW this year, I wanted a Disney tattoo. (I only had a small butterfly on my back from my 20s) Once I saw the 50th logo, I went with it, just the outline, on my ankle. :) 🤷‍♀️
I ordered/received my and DD26's 50th ears off Etsy.
View attachment 567724
We know it's going to be crazy crowds, but have to say we did it. :teeth:
Those ears are so cute! I might have to get some but I feel like I should hold out and see all the merchandise coming.

Those ears are so cute! I might have to get some but I feel like I should hold out and see all the merchandise coming.

I am very picky and don’t like most Etsy ears tbh. I got a super pretty and unique set of Te Fiti themed ears off Etsy for our doomed trip last year, but I’m gonna hold off on wearing them until October since that will be our triumphant return to the Poly and we’ll have those nice Moana rooms. Other than that, I recently ordered a set of Ahsoka ears from there since I’m planning on bounding as her at Galaxy’s Edge on next month’s trip. But that’s it. Even the shirts seem really same-y sometimes, though I did find a shop that sits at my very specific and weird demographic (goths who love Disney and drag culture lol), and got some really cool villain t shirts themed to iconic spells. I picked up one with Tia Dalma’s spell from AWE when she turned into Calypso, Maleficent’s forest of thorns spell, and Ursula’s when she stole Ariel’s voice. Black Mast Clothing is the shop if you’re interested though like I said...they’re edgier than your average Disney shop.

Well I'll shill for Etsy ears! :D

All the ones below I've gotten from Etsy (probably posted already, sorry) - some were for our 2017 trip, some were for the ill-fated 2020 trip and now they are all coming for October 2021! They are cheaper than the ones you get at Disney and not as cushy in the actual ear part, but super cute and well made! I don't buy from one particular shop, I just looked around and saw a pair I loved.

Honestly though, those headbands I posted above are what I'll likely wear most. I wear ears once a park, but then that's it because they start to bother me or get in the way, have to take them off on some rides...

ears.jpg

All the ones below I've gotten from Etsy (probably posted already, sorry) - some were for our 2017 trip, some were for the ill-fated 2020 trip and now they are all coming for October 2021! They are cheaper than the ones you get at Disney and not as cushy in the actual ear part, but super cute and well made! I don't buy from one particular shop, I just looked around and saw a pair I loved.

Honestly though, those headbands I posted above are what I'll likely wear most. I wear ears once a park, but then that's it because they start to bother me or get in the way, have to take them off on some rides...

View attachment 567875
Those are so cute. I admit to being in love with ears, but they give me headaches almost instantly as soon as I put them on.
I wish the soft headband version they're now starting to sell held the ears up better and had more to choose from.

I picked up one with Tia Dalma’s spell from AWE when she turned into Calypso, Maleficent’s forest of thorns spell, and Ursula’s when she stole Ariel’s voice. Black Mast Clothing is the shop if you’re interested though like I said...they’re edgier than your average Disney shop.

I might have to get the Forest of Thorns spell shirt..thanks for the lead on the Etsy store!

View attachment 567875
Those Coco ears are way too cute. I love them!

I updated the listing. There were quite a few posters with not quite enough info to list. Check it out and if you see a mistake please message me.
BB code editing is baroque for me. I may use the color editor, but for now we're B&W.

I updated the listing. There were quite a few posters with not quite enough info to list. Check it out and if you see a mistake please message me.
BB code editing is baroque for me. I may use the color editor, but for now we're B&W.

Thanks for the update! We turned our weekend into a 2 week split stay so will be at Poly 10/3 - 10/14. :)

I do tend to post more in the thread for whatever my nearest trip is and we’re going in a couple weeks and again in June :) Both of those trips will help get me more excited for the 50th! Also love that I celebrated my 50th in Disney in Feb and will be there for the castles 50th🥰

I feel so behind in planning...but realize planning in 2021 with having ADRs already, a FP strategy, etc. just does not happen the same way as it use to happen. And so much can/will change between now and October it would probably be lots of overthinking it and reschedules on my part.

I am sure I will still overthink it ALOT during the next few months with the 'what if' game....what if this opened, or that was open..by October. I just have
to be patient which is not something I am know for in my household!

I do tend to post more in the thread for whatever my nearest trip is and we’re going in a couple weeks and again in June :) Both of those trips will help get me more excited for the 50th! Also love that I celebrated my 50th in Disney in Feb and will be there for the castles 50th🥰
We are extra magically special since we turn 50 in 2021 with WDW. :) I felt since I was there for my 50th, it only made sense to be there for WDW 50th.

Now I need to go post in July since we are throwing together a quick stop in the World after a week beach stay. 🏖:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter