*** Official OCTOBER 2021 Countdown Group - HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY WDW! ***

Soooo...remember how I said we were going as (loosely based) Heffalumps and Woozles during Halloween? And I bought elephant trunks for us already ($6 on Amazon).

So we are going to paint the trunks to match our outfits - Heffalumps are fun colors.

So we have no idea if party is happening or not, but I saw this dress today and my god, wouldn't that be perfect? I would paint little trunk in red/pink stripes. And it's a big sale. And I can wear it to work.

So I bought it. 😂 Can you picture this with the trunk painted to match? A Heffalump, right?

kate spade.jpg

Soooo...remember how I said we were going as (loosely based) Heffalumps and Woozles during Halloween? And I bought elephant trunks for us already ($6 on Amazon).

So we are going to paint the trunks to match our outfits - Heffalumps are fun colors.

So we have no idea if party is happening or not, but I saw this dress today and my god, wouldn't that be perfect? I would paint little trunk in red/pink stripes. And it's a big sale. And I can wear it to work.

So I bought it. 😂 Can you picture this with the trunk painted to match? A Heffalump, right?

View attachment 562538
That is perfect!!!!
Someone else needs polka dots and then a chevron or plaid!!

Hi!! I wanted to join the October countdown! We will be staying at AKV-Kidani 10/7-10/11 and the Poly 10/11-10/17!!! This is our twice-rescheduled trip for my 40th birthday last year, so hoping third time's a charm!

Also as luck would have it, I am getting married 4 days before our trip! :cloud9: Its all a long story but total coincidence on the scheduling and now we get to have a DISNEY FAMILYMOON! I can't think of a more perfect way to celebrate us becoming "officially" a family.

It will be myself, my future DH, DD (9), DS (11) and about 10 other family members. :jumping1: Definitely interested in trying to make this trip as special as we can... looking for special events (like fireworks cruises... are they still a thing??) bride and groom shirts, etc.

Happy counting down!

Whew. I feel like our trip in October is official!

Walnut (our cat) had a check up today and we made the reservations for him to stay with our vet for 10 nights while we are gone. They do medical boarding and he is on daily meds and he can have pancreatitis flares, so this is the best place for him to be while we are away. He will be in a nice little cat condo, the techs will send pictures everyday and since they are closed on Sundays I was given the choice to pay for an extra visit (so 2) and of course I will do that. Everyone loves Walnut there and they said they will probably let him roam free in the back with them during the day! This is the worst part about traveling. :(

We are joining the fun! Have a room at bay lake tower 1-3, was able to pick up a day at SSR for September 30-October 1 that I’ll be stalking and waitlisting to switch it to bay lake but I suppose maybe that’s a story for the September thread lol.... either way we will be there :)

We just firmed up the pet sitting plan for the dogs so for us too feels like all the big pieces are in place.....except now thinking of a split stay. We are at CR and thinking of going to Poly or Riviera for the last 4-5 days. Never done a split stay before but not sure its the right trip for it either.

We just firmed up the pet sitting plan for the dogs so for us too feels like all the big pieces are in place.....except now thinking of a split stay. We are at CR and thinking of going to Poly or Riviera for the last 4-5 days. Never done a split stay before but not sure its the right trip for it either.

If you do a split-stay, I think Riviera might be fun because of Skyliner - quick access to Epcot and DHS!

Poly I would only switch to if you just really want to stay there - if you are non-DVC you get to stay in new Moana themed rooms. Otherwise you would be at two resorts on the monorail line.

If you do a split-stay, I think Riviera might be fun because of Skyliner - quick access to Epcot and DHS!

Poly I would only switch to if you just really want to stay there - if you are non-DVC you get to stay in new Moana themed rooms. Otherwise you would be at two resorts on the monorail line.

The draw of Poly is the other Opening Day/Anniversary location so we would hit MK, CR and Poly. I was shocked it was suggested by my other half but Poly is his favorite resort.

Rivieria almost looks too nice for us and not laid back but love the location and trying something different. I have to look more into it maybe YouTube videos would help....decisions...decisions...

That’s not stopping us...we’re doing CR and Poly lol. Heck before our postponed May trip got derailed again and I had to change to GF+YC we were splitting between GF and Poly! But I agree that unless Poly is your fave resort like us, MK/EP area is a more practical split.

But I also honestly just don’t see the appeal of RIV. It seems pretty (if a bit generic) but I feel like it’s grossly overpriced for what it is...at those rates I expect to be able to walk to a park or at least have multiple options (the monorail resorts had boats even before all 3 were walkable), and for that kind of money I would rather stay at one of the Crescent Lake resorts. I would only ever stay there if they had a discount like the Visa one when it first opened.

That’s not stopping us...we’re doing CR and Poly lol. Heck before our postponed May trip got derailed again and I had to change to GF+YC we were splitting between GF and Poly! But I agree that unless Poly is your fave resort like us, MK/EP area is a more practical split.

But I also honestly just don’t see the appeal of RIV. It seems pretty (if a bit generic) but I feel like it’s grossly overpriced for what it is...at those rates I expect to be able to walk to a park or at least have multiple options (the monorail resorts had boats even before all 3 were walkable), and for that kind of money I would rather stay at one of the Crescent Lake resorts. I would only ever stay there if they had a discount like the Visa one when it first opened.
Good points here! We used the Visa discount and stayed here on a split stay in Nov 2020. The idea of having the Skyliner access etc. was great. The hotel wasn't as "stuffy" as I thought it might be. TBH, we had so many problems at this resort, I would never pay $700+ to stay here. Disney ended up calling us about 2 weeks after our trip and offered for us to come back on the house. Of course we will take them up on that, but again I won't be paying the premium price. Poly is our fav of the high price point resorts.

With mini-van rental prices so high at the moment, right now I can fly my family of 5 from STL to MCO for only a little more than a van rental, plus save time and gas. But 2 of the 5 are afraid to fly. Hmmmmmm.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter