Official November 2021!

Seems like all the hotels are booked up for thanksgiving week. Was waiting to see what flight options were and seems I missed out on a room

Booked SW for my 4 pack this morning as well at 6:30am - nothing like coffee and booking flights bright and early. :-)

So pumped!
I was disappointed in the SW prices to be honest. It is going to be 2600 for my family to fly into Orlando the week of Thanksgiving with southwest or 3200 with American. I'm considering, and really leaning toward flying into Tampa with Southwest for 1600 and just making the drive.

We're at BRV too!! Cant' wait to be back at the Lodge! I wonder when they'll put up Christmas decorations??!! We were there in the first 2 weeks of December last year and saw them but we'll be there a month earlier this year!
My birthday is mid-November and they’re usually up by then!

I wish that we could fly but the airport in our town is small and the flights are soooo expensive. The closest airport that has decent prices are 3 to 5 hours away.

But, I remind myself that I pack way too much for our two week trip and baggage fees would be outrageous anyway.
We go twice a year and one of our trips is always driving down. Driving has made me so spoiled i can definitely pack more and buy more souvenirs! Which my kids love haha

I'm by no means an expert but there is truthfully very little to plan in the current situation that we are in. That doesn't mean things wont change by the time our trips roll around, but currently, this is really the only things that can be planned: .....

Thank you for your response. Transportation is no issue - we are driving down and driving in and out of the parks.
Where do I look for reservations? (I assume that reservations means that we have to purchase tickets as we are making reservations. no issue, but I'll have to let my daughter's family know to buy them early.)
Thanks again... Truly, I have NO clue what to do in this current situation (and I only did one trip to Orlando without any plans in place. Learned VERY quickly not to do THAT again.)

We're there Nov 10-14 - so maybe that's far enough into November to see a few decorations??!!

fingers crossed!

A few years ago I posted that my bucket list includes a trip to Disney where I attend the Halloween party AND the Christmas party in the same visit. I asked about decorations and the time frame between the two.... and at that point I was told that I could usually count on the decorations being up by November 7th and the party starting around the 9th. - - Just telling you what I was told.

A few years ago I posted that my bucket list includes a trip to Disney where I attend the Halloween party AND the Christmas party in the same visit. I asked about decorations and the time frame between the two.... and at that point I was told that I could usually count on the decorations being up by November 7th and the party starting around the 9th. - - Just telling you what I was told.
NICE!! Last year we were there in Oct and December so we did see decorations both trips and I'm hoping that they do have some sort of a Christmas party - and when I look at the dates of the past parties, they start usually the week we're there - so I'm hoping they keep to that same schedule, but who knows!

and next year I'm already planning for a trip in October 2022 - my DH loved the Boo to you calvacades this past October and would LOVE LOVE LOVE the "real thing" - so I'm planning on that for next year!

Thank you for your response. Transportation is no issue - we are driving down and driving in and out of the parks.
Where do I look for reservations? (I assume that reservations means that we have to purchase tickets as we are making reservations. no issue, but I'll have to let my daughter's family know to buy them early.)
Thanks again... Truly, I have NO clue what to do in this current situation (and I only did one trip to Orlando without any plans in place. Learned VERY quickly not to do THAT again.)

You are correct, you need tickets to get park reservations. Here's the Disney site with additional information, as well as a link to the reservation system:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/park-reservations/
You can preview the calendar without having to log in but will need to log in in order to make the reservation. I just checked November and all dates are still available for all parks. To give you a sense of urgency (or lack of one), the latter half of July, and all of August, September, and all but October 1 is completely open. So you probably don't need to act at this moment, but may want to do so within the next few months. Also know that there are buckets of reservations for "Theme Park Tickets," "Resort Guests," and "Annual Passholders," but they currently have nearly the exact availability.

Not sure if you are planning to park hop, but understand that you must check into your initial park reservation first, but are then free to hop to any of the other parks (or even return to your initial park). Park hoping currently begins at 2PM. Like I said, you HAVE to tap into your initial park, even if it's just to tap in and then go to another park.

We are going to be at Pop Nov 20-27. We usually go the week prior to Thanksgiving, but with a kid starting high school we decided that our days of pulling the kids out of school for a week are over.

We also added two days at the beginning of our trip for Harry Potter World - we’ve never been!

Looking forward to being back at WDW. We’ve rescheduled this trip 4 times due to Covid!

I was disappointed in the SW prices to be honest. It is going to be 2600 for my family to fly into Orlando the week of Thanksgiving with southwest or 3200 with American. I'm considering, and really leaning toward flying into Tampa with Southwest for 1600 and just making the drive.
Our previous trip in March 2020 we did just that - flew into Tampa and grabbed a rental car. I wouldn’t hesitate if it’s $1000 savings as the drive was easy and only 1.5 hours. I even considered Tampa flights this time around but so far from Dallas the prices are almost identical to MCO, so for now we’re flying into Orlando.

Price is definitely something to worry about, but I'm hearing people's flights are getting switched up every once in a while from direct to multiple stops. As a flyer with a 3 yo, it makes me fret a little bit as for us it's a long flight. Seattle to Orlando!

We are flying Alaska, but I've never booked this far out before. Got the best seats for our family.

Price is definitely something to worry about, but I'm hearing people's flights are getting switched up every once in a while from direct to multiple stops. As a flyer with a 3 yo, it makes me fret a little bit as for us it's a long flight. Seattle to Orlando!

We are flying Alaska, but I've never booked this far out before. Got the best seats for our family.
I fly Alaska airlines, Seattle to MCO often for work and for Disney, you should be good on no flight changes with that flight! It’s a long flight, especially coming home, but goes by pretty quick!

Family and I visited Seattle, Portland, Vancouver and did an Alaskan cruise back in summer 2019 - was our first time ever to the PNW and I fell in love! Looking forward to a return visit someday soon.

I fly Alaska airlines, Seattle to MCO often for work and for Disney, you should be good on no flight changes with that flight! It’s a long flight, especially coming home, but goes by pretty quick!
That’s our experience with Alaska Air’s non-stop, too - usually no flight changes on either Seattle or PDX to MCO. We love those direct flights.

Our previous trip in March 2020 we did just that - flew into Tampa and grabbed a rental car. I wouldn’t hesitate if it’s $1000 savings as the drive was easy and only 1.5 hours. I even considered Tampa flights this time around but so far from Dallas the prices are almost identical to MCO, so for now we’re flying into Orlando.
I'm flying from Dallas too! What are your dates? We are going over Thanksgiving. Maybe that's the issue?

I'm flying from Dallas too! What are your dates? We are going over Thanksgiving. Maybe that's the issue?
Nov 19th - 27th for us. It’s our very first visit during a holiday so I assume that is a big reason for higher prices both for flights and our CBR stay.

Regardless, we are pumped to see WDW all decorated for Christmas and to try a couple of days at Universal for the very first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter