OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Can anyone tell me where to find the November cancel ADR thread? We decided to add the dining plan, I am not to hopeful in finding the coveted ADR's, but how knows:)

Any late(r) risers with existing plans for Bon Voyage on 11/16? I have an 8:55 a.m. reservation for 3, but I'd like to bump it up even earlier. If someone has a 7:30/7:45/8:00 etc. for 3 and would like to trade for my later time, please PM me.

Are there any Thanksgiving week veterans in this group. We are going that week for the first time and staying at the YC for the first time, too. I'm curious whether to book FP+ in late morning early afternoon to be able to get a 4th one, or is the likelihood of getting another not really there and we should book late afternoon ones when it is super crowded? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Can anyone tell me where to find the November cancel ADR thread? We decided to add the dining plan, I am not to hopeful in finding the coveted ADR's, but how knows:)
You can use touringplan.com and the dining reservation finder too! I've gotten several off of there.

Are there any Thanksgiving week veterans in this group. We are going that week for the first time and staying at the YC for the first time, too. I'm curious whether to book FP+ in late morning early afternoon to be able to get a 4th one, or is the likelihood of getting another not really there and we should book late afternoon ones when it is super crowded? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
We always book our FP's for around 11 - 2 pm, we can ride stuff as soon as we get there at rope drop and use the FP when crowds pick up. We usually can get one or 2 more after. Not 7DMT of course but mist definitely Pirates and other mid tier rides

I'm trying to work out a FP strategy. We have 7 days in the parks and 6 day tickets until we upgrade to APs. It's giving me fits! I'm thinking I better secure FP for Thanksgiving Day just to make sure we can ride a few things.

Breathing a huge sigh of relief just booked my flight home :yay:
Flying home on the 26th Sunday after Thanksgiving and the prices have been outrageous :scared1: :faint:
Checked this morning and found one for 200 at a good time. Thank goodness I only needed one ticket since DD is already in Florida.
I'm glad I convinced my older DD to purchase their tickets when they first came out since she needed 4.
In the past SW prices have dropped around the 90 day mark but not this year.
Now I can go back to obsessing over dining and fp's ::yes::

We flew in 2012 and a GREAT deal on tickets out of our home airport. 3 roundtrip tickets for $450 total but that was in early October. This time I haven't been so lucky which doesn't surprise me since it's a holiday week. I bought 4 one way tickets down and 4 one way tickets home because I waited to see if the tickets home would drop. Luckily they did drop about $50 each and then our tickets going down ended up dropping $40 each after I purchased them. We now have $40 worth of travel funds for each traveler that we can use until next July. I did write Southwest and requested that the $160 be put back on my credit card so we will see if that happens. Unfortunately, we are having to drive a few hours to Atlanta to fly this time but the prices were drastically different and I don't mind driving a few hours to fly if I'm saving several hours in the car!

We always book our FP's for around 11 - 2 pm, we can ride stuff as soon as we get there at rope drop and use the FP when crowds pick up. We usually can get one or 2 more after. Not 7DMT of course but mist definitely Pirates and other mid tier rides

Ok! That helps knowing that there will still be some available after you have used your 3rd. Thanks for your input.

We will be there Thanksgiving week-our condo week starts the 19th. Since it is very likely we are driving we could get there on the 18th. Found a good rate for POP for one night but wacky website wouldn't let me book (and since I was at work I didn't call). But debating whether the on night onsite is worth it-
So for those who have only been able to make 30 day FP -are there slim pickings that week at 30 days? We don't need to really do any hard to get ones (other than we'd like 7DMT) as we were just there earlier this month, and will be back early next summer). If FP are really terrible to get that week I may just book the room anyway, even if we don't actually use it...
My other dilemma is we all have AP's and I've got FP picked for my October trip...So I wouldn't be able to get all 7 days for me right away...

We will be there Thanksgiving week-our condo week starts the 19th. Since it is very likely we are driving we could get there on the 18th. Found a good rate for POP for one night but wacky website wouldn't let me book (and since I was at work I didn't call). But debating whether the on night onsite is worth it-
So for those who have only been able to make 30 day FP -are there slim pickings that week at 30 days? We don't need to really do any hard to get ones (other than we'd like 7DMT) as we were just there earlier this month, and will be back early next summer). If FP are really terrible to get that week I may just book the room anyway, even if we don't actually use it...
My other dilemma is we all have AP's and I've got FP picked for my October trip...So I wouldn't be able to get all 7 days for me right away...

At 30 days the only ones I usually have trouble with are 7DMT, FEA, and FOP. Everything else is typically available....although I have never tried during Thanksgiving week, we usually travel first week of Nov.

For the people doing the Christmas party, are you planning a second evening at MK to see Happily Ever After? I was planning to do the party, and then two mornings at MK, but now I'm wondering how different the party fireworks are from HEA? Should I rearrange my plans to add a second evening at MK?

For the people doing the Christmas party, are you planning a second evening at MK to see Happily Ever After? I was planning to do the party, and then two mornings at MK, but now I'm wondering how different the party fireworks are from HEA? Should I rearrange my plans to add a second evening at MK?

I have not seen them, but all reports I've seen say they are very different. We are planning 2 MK nights so we can see both.

We are planning 3 Christmas parties, just so we can do everything. Our planning is like this:

Party 1: Meet all the rare characters
Party 2: See the shows and stock up on cookies etc
Part 3: Meet some of the character we may not have had the chance to earlier & get more food lol!

I would do two evenings at Magic Kingdom personally.

Our FP window opens up next week and I'm getting nervous! I have been using Touringplans to map out what rides to do when just to give us a basic idea of times and order. My kids have told me some things they want to do but not everything so I'm just hoping I can squeeze in things as needed. I am worried I'll get FPs at the wrong times or won't be able to get ones I need, etc. We are only doing 1 park each day and don't have hoppers so I kind of need to get it right. Yikes!

Also, for our AK day, what do you all think of trying to get a FP for FOP later in the day and doing NRJ after that as standby? Are the lines for NRJ long after lunch?

We are planning on two nights at MK because of the Christmas party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter