OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

We just got back too and now I am feeling the post Disney vacation blues. :sad:
FOP was the absolute highlight of the trip. We were lucky enough to have fast passes and ride it 3 times with no wait (Rope drop twice and fast pass use).
So glad you liked FOP can’t wait till Friday To ride for the first time :woohoo:

Hey November peeps! We are just back from a magical 8 day trip. Weather was perfect (mid 80s all week) and crowds were very manageable. Highlights for us this time around:
  • Kids were FINALLY tall/brave enough to ride ToT and RnR....loved them both!
  • Flight of Passage was insanely awesome. Our absolute favorite ride at WDW now. We did not have FP and decided against the insanity of RD. Instead, we jumped in line about 45 minutes before park close. Posted wait time was 195 minutes. Our actual wait time was less than 90 minutes. SOOOO worth the wait!
  • First time eating at CRT. It was a great experience, enjoyed the food and the atmosphere.
  • We traveled with a family of first timers and it's always great to see things through their eyes.
  • Food & Wine did not disappoint. Enjoyed trying some of our old faves as well as many new dishes this year. Always a great time!
Overall another great trip. Now to convince my hubs to let me start planning the next one :)

I've had to unsuccessful dining transfers in the last 2 days. One was me trying to pick up a CRT and the other was me dropping a Bon Voyage for someone to pick up. I was stalking the CRT for 3 hours hoping it would finally pop up. And I know the person trying to pickup BV was on her computer at the right time. I wonder if the ADRs didn't go back in the system. Bummed out!

Thank you TP reservation finder- last meal booked. Pencils down on planning!!! 3 days to go :banana:

For those watching TP finder, I've started getting multiple notices the last couple of days, so people are dropping things as plans finalize (it seems). I was able to score Plaza lunch on 11/17 today. Now I just need to repack based on the weather forecast fluctuation...

Just read touring plans blog that November crowds are larger than usual and now I'm in panic mode. We arrive the last week of November, I hope I'm prepared. :scared:

How was your brunch at Cali Grill?

So good! (Not that I expected anything else from Cali Grill!) Our server was on point with the mimosas and always there to replenish them. I had carrot cake pancakes and they were fabulous! (Carrot cake is my favorite!) I really debated because I wanted the steak, but decided I could get steak elsewhere during the trip, but not the carrot cake pancakes. My friend had french toast. The self serve items were delish too. My biggest problem this whole trip was not having enough stomach space for all the food!

12 days to go annnnddd I just found out I'M PREGNANT!! Im sooo happy but also wondering what this means for the trip. I think that will put me 8-9 weeks while I'm there. Fingers crossed it will be like my first pregnancy without much morning sickness!
:jumping1:Congratulations! :jumping1:

Over 24 years ago we went on our delayed honeymoon. I repeatedly said "I am not going to Disneyland pregnant." Yeah, right. I found out 2 days before leaving. I have always been prone to motion sickness but the hormones or something cured that but unfortunately for just that trip. I rode everything I wanted, BTMRR back2back2back, just because I wasn't getting nauseous. I had a blast! And was very fortunate to have no morning sickness. Here's hoping the same for you. Enjoy your trip.

We are doing a split stay, our first night is room only and our package starts the next day. We have a 7:30 breakfast the second day, will I have to go check in to our other hotel first in order for our dining plan to be activated (have separate magic bands for each hotel) or should it already be good to go on our magic bands? Thanks in advance.

So good! (Not that I expected anything else from Cali Grill!) Our server was on point with the mimosas and always there to replenish them. I had carrot cake pancakes and they were fabulous! (Carrot cake is my favorite!) I really debated because I wanted the steak, but decided I could get steak elsewhere during the trip, but not the carrot cake pancakes. My friend had french toast. The self serve items were delish too. My biggest problem this whole trip was not having enough stomach space for all the food!
Sounds wonderful can't wait :D

:jumping1:Congratulations! :jumping1:

Over 24 years ago we went on our delayed honeymoon. I repeatedly said "I am not going to Disneyland pregnant." Yeah, right. I found out 2 days before leaving. I have always been prone to motion sickness but the hormones or something cured that but unfortunately for just that trip. I rode everything I wanted, BTMRR back2back2back, just because I wasn't getting nauseous. I had a blast! And was very fortunate to have no morning sickness. Here's hoping the same for you. Enjoy your trip.

Thank you! I'm hoping my doctor will at least give me the OK to ride some stuff because it's early!

I'm also now starting to think about a MK pregnancy announcement. So exciting!

Thank you! I'm hoping my doctor will at least give me the OK to ride some stuff because it's early!

I'm also now starting to think about a MK pregnancy announcement. So exciting!

Congratulations!

I was around 10 weeks when I was pregnant with my daughter in Disney. It was my first Disney trip so I didn't ride a lot of things because I really wasn't sure how rough they were. I had morning sickness throughout the day. Not horrible but just enough to feel a little off. I did ride anything that my 2yo son was able to ride. I really enjoyed eating all the Disney popcorn I could get my hands on.

Hi, November friends! We just got back and I'm so sad the trip is over, because we had an absolute blast. I thought I'd share a summary of our experience. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them!

Day 1, Wed 11/8 - we had a VERY early flight and spent most of the day at EPCOT enjoying F&W, using our FP for Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, and Test Track, and shopping/wandering through the countries. I'd say the crowds were moderate, but the booth lines at F&W were very manageable. F&W goodies were fantastic, as usual. Soarin' never dropped below 80 minutes so we didn't wait. We took a break late afternoon to go back to the hotel and settled into our room, and then we headed to MK to watch HEA for the first time. It was AMAZING! And of course, MK is so magical when it's all decorated for Christmas. Step Count for the day was 17,065 for 6.4 miles.

Day 2, Thu 11/9 - we went to MK until around 2 to use our FP for 7DMT, SM, and BTMRR. We also did several other rides and had lunch at Pecos Bill's. Crowds were moderate to heavy, and lines were getting long for the popular rides. POC was down most of the time we were there and the "Jingle" Cruise was at 85 minutes by 11 am, so we skipped those. We took a break at our resort pool and then headed back to EPCOT for more F&W goodness, and crowds were heavy, but again, the food lines weren't bad. Soarin' dropped to 40 minutes at the very end of the evening so we bee lined from Japan all the way down there and just squeezed in before they shut down the line...and the wait only ended up being about 20 minutes. Score! Try that if you can't snag a FP for it! Step Count for the day was 20,125 for 7.6 miles.

Day 3, Fri 11/10 - we went to AK until around 3:00 and used our FP for Dinosaur, FOP, and the Safari, and we also did the bird show (very cool!) and some other rides. Pandora was absolutely mobbed! We could really not even look around that much because there were wall to wall people. There were so many in The FOP line that the actual standby queue at the ride was full and they had people lined up to the right of the restaurant and were guiding them down in batches as the queue line cleared. Thank goodness for FP because we were on the ride in 10 minutes. Our FP was for around 10:00 and the line was already up to 180 minutes (park opened at 9) and swelled to 210 minutes before we left. NRJ never went below 120 while we were there so we didn't go on it. FOP ride was the best I have ever been on... So amazing! Words cannot even describe it. It was my birthday so we grabbed our favorite cocktails at the Dawa Bar and giant pastries from Kusifiri, and sat down for a while to watch the drummers/dancers. We love them! After AK we went to DS for a little shopping, a margarita, and to check out the Christmas Tree Trail, which was really cute - go see it at night because the lights are beautiful and it snows! Then we took a bus to GF and saw the gingerbread house, hopped on the monorail to the Contemporary for a look at the gingerbread display and drinks at The Wave, and then back on for a ride to the Poly. We had drinks at Tambu Lounge and grabbed pulled pork nachos and a flatbread at Captain Cook's to munch on with our drinks. It was a long day, but fun! Step Count for the day was 21,996 for 8.8 miles.

Day 4, Sat, 11/11- we slept in a bit after our long day and headed to DS for a little more shopping and lunch at Paradiso 37. The food was good there, but service was really slow and they weren't even that busy. That was our only TS reataurant of the trip so I wish we would have picked something else. Then we headed to HS and used our FP for Frozen Ever After, TOT, and RNR. The crowds were heavy again... lots of people from New Jersey. The addition of the songs from the new Olaf holiday short in Frozen Ever After were really cute. We wandered around and saw all of the pretty decorations (and there are a ton - they went all out, and it's very retro - maybe 1940'sor 1950's inspired?), went on the Little Mermaid, and watched the Beauty and the Beast show. The standby line for TSM was between 85-135 minutes the whole time we were there so we skipped it this time. The new Sunset Seasons Greetings stuff is cool - it's a continually looping thing that's about 10 minutes long so you don't need to be there at a certain time to see it because it keeps on going! We watched it right from a sidewalk on Hollywood Boulevard while enjoying some Mickey hot pretzels, and it snowed! There is a billboard with little clips and then the projections on TOT supplement the stories on the billboards. The projections were awesome, especially the one that's Toy Story themed. We then got a spot in front of the Chinese Theater and watched Movie Magic and Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam! I thought the movie one was cool and the jingle bell one was really great! The people next to me had seen it last year and they thought they added a lot more fireworks this year, so for those of you that have seen it before, it may be better. The holiday stuff was really nice, but I must say it just doesn't compare to the Osborne Lights. Also, I can't wait for the Toy Story and Star Wars stuff to be done because the park definitely needs more to do. Step Count for the day was 13,675 for 5.1 miles.

Day 5, Sun, 11/12 - this was our last full day. We went one last time to EPCOT four our last trip around the world to enjoy F&W and some more (!!!!) shopping, and it was again really busy, but we had a plan for the booths we wanted to hit and we were able to get through it pretty quickly. We then headed to AK for our last FP for FOP, the sunset safari, and ROL. Pandora was a little less crowded this time so we were able to look around a little more, but the ride lines were both still high - 180 for FOP and 95 for NRJ. The sunset safari was good, but don't plan on taking pics because they don't come out well since you can't use a flash. We definitely saw a lot of animals moving, though! We loved ROL... It was so calming and the floats were amazing. After that show we grabbed some food at Flame Tree BBQ and then headed back to Pandora to see it all lit up at night, which was impressive. We also tried the strawberry margarita with boba pearls and it was delicious. A little tip - you can buy just the glow cube for $3 if you don't want to spend an extra $10 or $11 on the souvenir glass and glow cube. We were about five minutes from park closing and the line for NRJ was at 40 minutes so we decided to hop in... and we literally waited 11 minutes to get on. We asked a CM about it and she just laughed and said, "We lied!" So I recommend jumping in line at the very end of the night for any popular ride because the same was true for Soarin'. NRJ was pretty, but it's really short and actually is quite underwhelming... I'm glad I didn't use a FP for it and got 2 for FOP instead. I'm glad we did it once but honestly, I don't need to do it again. I guess it's a nice option for those with kids too small for FOP. Step Count for the Day was 16,594 for 6.7 miles.

Day 6, Mon, 11/13 - we had to catch the Tragical Express at noon so after we checked out we headed to DS for breakfast at Earl of Sandwich - I highly recommend, it was delicious and very reasonably priced. Then it was off to the airport!

Overall - crowds were heavy due to Jersey Week, Veterans Day long weekends at some schools, last days of F&W, and re-books from Hurricane Irma. But, we were able to do almost every ride we wanted and we definitely ate and drank enough! Can't wait to go back in two years!

Last edited:
Hi, November friends! We just got back and I'm so sad the trip is over, because we had an absolute blast. I thought I'd share a summary of our experience. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them!

Day 1, Wed 11/8 - we had a VERY early flight and spent most of the day at EPCOT enjoying F&W, using our FP for Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, and Test Track, and shopping/wandering through the countries. I'd say the crowds were moderate, but the booth lines at F&W were very manageable. F&W goodies were fantastic, as usual. Soarin' never dropped below 80 minutes so we didn't wait. We took a break late afternoon to go back to the hotel and settled into our room, and then we headed to MK to watch HEA for the first time. It was AMAZING! And of course, MK is so magical when it's all decorated for Christmas. Step Count for the day was 17,065 for 6.4 miles.

Day 2, Thu 11/9 - we went to MK until around 2 to use our FP for 7DMT, SM, and BTMRR. We also did several other rides and had lunch at Pecos Bill's. Crowds were moderate to heavy, and lines were getting long for the popular rides. POC was down most of the time we were there and the "Jingle" Cruise was at 85 minutes by 11 am, so we skipped those. We took a break at our resort pool and then headed back to EPCOT for more F&W goodness, and crowds were heavy, but again, the food lines weren't bad. Soarin' dropped to 40 minutes at the very end of the evening so we bee lined from Japan all the way down there and just squeezed in before they shut down the line...and the wait only ended up being about 20 minutes. Score! Try that if you can't snag a FP for it! Step Count for the day was 20,125 for 7.6 miles.

Day 3, Fri 11/10 - we went to AK until around 3:00 and used our FP for Dinosaur, FOP, and the Safari, and we also did the bird show (very cool!) and some other rides. Pandora was absolutely mobbed! We could really not even look around that much because there were wall to wall people. There were so many in The FOP line that the actual standby queue at the ride was full and they had people lined up to the right of the restaurant and were guiding them down in batches as the queue line cleared. Thank goodness for FP because we were on the ride in 10 minutes. Our FP was for around 10:00 and the line was already up to 180 minutes (park opened at 9) and swelled to 210 minutes before we left. NRJ never went below 120 while we were there so we didn't go on it. FOP ride was the best I have ever been on... So amazing! Words cannot even describe it. It was my birthday so we grabbed our favorite cocktails at the Dawa Bar and giant pastries from Kusifiri, and sat down for a while to watch the drummers/dancers. We love them! After AK we went to DS for a little shopping, a margarita, and to check out the Christmas Tree Trail, which was really cute - go see it at night because the lights are beautiful and it snows! Then we took a bus to GF and saw the gingerbread house, hopped on the monorail to the Contemporary for a look at the gingerbread display and drinks at The Wave, and then back on for a ride to the Poly. We had drinks at Tambu Lounge and grabbed pulled pork nachos and a flatbread at Captain Cook's to munch on with our drinks. It was a long day, but fun! Step Count for the day was 21,996 for 8.8 miles.

Day 4, Sat, 11/11- we slept in a bit after our long day and headed to DS for a little more shopping and lunch at Paradiso 37. The food was good there, but service was really slow and they weren't even that busy. That was our only TS reataurant of the trip so I wish we would have picked something else. Then we headed to HS and used our FP for Frozen Ever After, TOT, and RNR. The crowds were heavy again... lots of people from New Jersey. The addition of the songs from the new Olaf holiday short in Frozen Ever After were really cute. We wandered around and saw all of the pretty decorations (and there are a ton - they went all out, and it's very retro - maybe 1940'sor 1950's inspired?), went on the Little Mermaid, and watched the Beauty and the Beast show. The standby line for TSM was between 85-135 minutes the whole time we were there so we skipped it this time. The new Sunset Seasons Greetings stuff is cool - it's a continually looping thing that's about 10 minutes long so you don't need to be there at a certain time to see it because it keeps on going! We watched it right from a sidewalk on Hollywood Boulevard while enjoying some Mickey hot pretzels, and it snowed! There is a billboard with little clips and then the projections on TOT supplement the stories on the billboards. The projections were awesome, especially the one that's Toy Story themed. We then got a spot in front of the Chinese Theater and watched Movie Magic and Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam! I thought the movie one was cool and the jingle bell one was really great! The people next to me had seen it last year and they thought they added a lot more fireworks this year, so for those of you that have seen it before, it may be better. The holiday stuff was really nice, but I must say it just doesn't compare to the Osborne Lights. Also, I can't wait for the Toy Story and Star Wars stuff to be done because the park definitely needs more to do. Step Count for the day was 13,675 for 5.1 miles.

Day 5, Sun, 11/12 - this was our last full day. We went one last time to EPCOT four our last trip around the world to enjoy F&W and some more (!!!!) shopping, and it was again really busy, but we had a plan for the booths we wanted to hit and we were able to get through it pretty quickly. We then headed to AK for our last FP for FOP, the sunset safari, and ROL. Pandora was a little less crowded this time so we were able to look around a little more, but the ride lines were both still high - 180 for FOP and 95 for NRJ. The sunset safari was good, but don't plan on taking pics because they don't come out well since you can't use a flash. We definitely saw a lot of animals moving, though! We loved ROL... It was so calming and the floats were amazing. After that show we grabbed some food at Flame Tree BBQ and then headed back to Pandora to see it all lit up at night, which was impressive. We also tried the strawberry margarita with boba pearls and it was delicious. A little tip - you can buy just the glow cube for $3 if you don't want to spend and extra $10 or $11 on the souvenir glass and glow cube. We were about five minutes from park closing and the line for NRJ was at 40 minutes so we decided to hop in... and we literally waited 11 minutes to get on. We asked a CM about it and she just laughed and said, "We lied!" So I recommend jumping in line at the very end of the night for any popular ride because the same was true for Soarin'. NRJ was pretty, but it's really short and actually is quite underwhelming... I'm glad I didn't use a FP for it and got 2 for FOP instead. I'm glad we did it once but honestly, I don't need to do it again. I guess it's a nice option for those with kids too small for FOP. Step Count for the Day was 16,594 for 6.7 miles.

Day 6, Mon, 11/13 - we had to catch the Tragical Express at noon so after we checked out we headed to DS for breakfast at Earl of Sandwich - I highly recommend, it was delicious and very reasonably priced. Then it was off to the airport!

Overall - crowds were heavy due to Jersey Week, Veterans Day long weekends at some schools, last days of F&W, and re-books from Hurricane Irma. But, we were able to do almost every ride we wanted and we definitely ate and drank enough! Can't wait to go back in two years!
Welcome Back :goodvibes

Your trip sounds perfect.
How did you like the new Gingerbread House at CR?
We love Tambu lounge and are looking forward to getting the pulled pork nachos.
Looking forward to seeing the new holiday stuff in HS although sadly nothing will replace the Osbourne lights.
Hoping the new holiday additions at WS will be fun especially the new :drinking1

Last edited:
Driving down exactly 72 hours from now :welcome:, just about everything appears to be all set with the exception of still trying to work out a better reservation for Ohana on the 21st. Have 2 reservations for parties of 2 each 5 minutes apart from each other, as I could not get a single reservation for 4, in the hopes that they would be able to seat all 4 of us together but I sure would prefer to be able to change it to a single party of 4. Worst case we will sit separately as after 7 trips in the last 8 years I want to finally get to go to Ohana :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter