***Official November 2016 Thread***

This isn't really a reply to any comments, but I am going to cancel a reservation for 2 at Chef Mickeys on November 13th at 20:35 a.m. Does anyone want to jump on and grab it when I cancel?

I'm so excited I have to post this everywhere lol! This morning DH and I booked a quick adults-only trip for next month :thumbsup2 We're going 8/27-8/31, staying at WL for the first time which is a resort I've wanted to stay at for awhile now. So happy we get a quick trip to the World before our Thanksgiving stay

I LOVE the Lodge! Enjoy!

I'm still trying to get a reservation for Hoop Dee Doo for Nov 17 or Nov 20 at any time- still nothing- Have been trying a few times a day since my 180 day mark. Anyone have any luck with these dates?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
I am in for 11/17 at 8PM. Where is the 6:15PM show? So weird. I have checked and checked and heard about others complaining of the same in Oct. and Dec. One person mentioned that a cast member told them it's not showing as no availability but that the time has not been released. I guess keep checking! I am not thrilled for the 8Pm, but happy to have it. :drinking:

In 2013, I think POR was decorated by the 17th or 18th. The parks were fully decorated by the 13th when we arrived. But, yeah, not too much in Epcot, so they may add more.

I was stalking the blogs last November to see when the resorts decorate since I knew we'd be going mid November 2016. I was happy to see the Poly Christmas tree went up around the 14th I think. The rest of the decorations were already up. They do the trees overnight in one shot. Our usual week is the week after Thanksgiving, so I was worried I'd miss resort decor. The MK is completely decked out by early Nov. They moved the Christmas show taping to early November last year so they had to be extra ready. Epcot takes a little longer...

Heading over there Thanksgiving week. Haven't been in over 10 years and currently trying to catch up with all the changes (magicbands, fastpass+, ADRs). I know Disneyland like the back of my hand but this is a much bigger change than I expected. Thanks for all the informative posts, soaking in all the info I can!

Heading over there Thanksgiving week. Haven't been in over 10 years and currently trying to catch up with all the changes (magicbands, fastpass+, ADRs). I know Disneyland like the back of my hand but this is a much bigger change than I expected. Thanks for all the informative posts, soaking in all the info I can!
We will see you there! Woohoo!!

We will see you there! Woohoo!!
Yup, we'll all be there that week! Maybe we'll get lucky and nobody else will except posters on this thread going that week :rotfl:

I would love some opinions (because this question is totally subjective!). We are planning on going in mid- November (before Thanksgiving) for our first Christmas party! :yay:

Two other people have joined us for out short 3 days in the parks trip (not including travel days). They haven't been to Disney in 15+ years. We have 1 MK day and 1 HS day. For day 3, would it be better to all go to the Christmas party only or skip it completely and add another full park day (probably AK)?

I'm under the impression that people have to do a lot of waiting around during the parties (staking out a parade/ fireworks spot, meet and greets, etc) and they are much more crowded than in the past. Is it worth it just being there in the Christmas spirit or a better plan spend a full day in the parks?

We always do another park during the day of our MVMCP night. Since you are doing a full MK day already, perhaps visit another park that day and come to the MK at 4PM (that's when your party ticket will start to let you be admitted into the MK).

I would love some opinions (because this question is totally subjective!). We are planning on going in mid- November (before Thanksgiving) for our first Christmas party! :yay:

Two other people have joined us for out short 3 days in the parks trip (not including travel days). They haven't been to Disney in 15+ years. We have 1 MK day and 1 HS day. For day 3, would it be better to all go to the Christmas party only or skip it completely and add another full park day (probably AK)?

I'm under the impression that people have to do a lot of waiting around during the parties (staking out a parade/ fireworks spot, meet and greets, etc) and they are much more crowded than in the past. Is it worth it just being there in the Christmas spirit or a better plan spend a full day in the parks?

Sorry, replying with question quoted. :tongue:

We always do another park during the day of our MVMCP night. Since you are doing a full MK day already, perhaps visit another park that day and come to the MK at 4PM (that's when your party ticket will start to let you be admitted into the MK).

Also- what night are you going? We'll be there the middle of November (week before Thanksgiving) and our only option during our stay in 11/18.

Sorry, replying with question quoted. :tongue:

Also- what night are you going? We'll be there the middle of November (week before Thanksgiving) and our only option during our stay in 11/18.

We're there that same week, too, but we're going to the party on the 15th. I'm hoping since it's a Tuesday that it won't be too busy. It's our first party at WDW, so I'm hoping it's magical!

We're there that same week, too, but we're going to the party on the 15th. I'm hoping since it's a Tuesday that it won't be too busy. It's our first party at WDW, so I'm hoping it's magical!
We are arriving the evening of the 15th so we couldn't do the party that night. That will be a good night! Enjoy!

Hi everyone!

I'm joining in since I think we're official! We went to DW last November and we're heading there again this year (unexpectedly!). After we got back last year, I swore it would be a couple years...and here we are ;) It's myself, my toddler daughter, my mom, and a family friend - same group as last year.

Excited to plan with you guys!

That's the same night we're going to the party. Everything I've read indicates that it's one of the best dates to attend. Fingers crossed!

I am debating between that Sunday the 13th party and the 15th. I think the 15th would be less crowded which would be nice but the 13th would be a nice day to have as an off day since the Packers are playing at 1pm. Also, if we did the 15th then we could always do Food and Wine on the 13th which we only had three days to do because we are arriving on the 12th. The more I think about it I am leaning toward the 15th!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter