***Official November 2014 thread***

I have so much to type for our trip wrap up..... But I wanted to share some magic right now. Our last day in the parks was supposed to be Tuesday with a rest day on Wednesday. Tuesday, if you didn't know, Orlando got 5 inches of rain and a tornado warning! It was crazy pouring rain and due to lightning in the area, most of the outdoor rides were closed, all parades and castle shows cancelled and Wishes delayed until 11:30 and then only partially done in the rain. It was a miserable day!! We tried to take a break in the afternoon and come back at night, but it never got better. We were disappointed, but we had a great trip up to that point and just figured we would have to miss out on 7DMT, Splash Mountain, and BTMR (our FP for that day) as well as Frozen Castle Lighting and Wishes.

So on the way out I thought, why not just stop at Guest Services and check if there was anything they could do. And Disney Magic took over from there!!! Because our only other day at MK was a Christmas Party day, they actually got us comp tickets for the next day and let us move our FP forward! It was incredibly generous and magical and allowed our family to complete our MK list and end the trip on a high note. I am so impressed and wanted to pass along 2 notes:
1 - Disney magic is still alive! Don't let anyone make you believe it isn't!
2 - You have not because you ask not. If you need someone to fix something or make something happen, ASK! And be pleasant about it because CMs seem to really try to do anything they can to help you out!

Here's to all your trips being magical and let's start the planning all over!

What a happy ending!!!
Thanks for sharing this with us.

To all: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!
Hoping your day was filled with Pixie dust whether at Disney or just having fond memories (like me) or preparing to leave.

I don't have another vacation planned but I'm starting to day dream about going back and what resort I would stay at this time. ;)

Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy.

Wow it's been a while since we've heard from anyone here. Guess the last group must have left as it's December, can you believe that?

How was the Thanksgiving week vacations?
Is anyone else feeling withdrawal?

Just thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing.

hugs

Hey there! Hope you had a great thanksgiving! We are still here at WL! Parks have been great and so has the weather...everyone is having a great time! I can't believe it's December either! Where did the time go?!

Hope everyone is enjoying their trips!! We're already in planning mode for next years trip!! lol Hope to see everyone in the November 2015 board!!! :)

Hey there! Hope you had a great thanksgiving! We are still here at WL! Parks have been great and so has the weather...everyone is having a great time! I can't believe it's December either! Where did the time go?!

Hope everyone is enjoying their trips!! We're already in planning mode for next years trip!! lol Hope to see everyone in the November 2015 board!!! :)
Sweet! Let us know when you get back and how everything went!

Hey there! Hope you had a great thanksgiving! We are still here at WL! Parks have been great and so has the weather...everyone is having a great time! I can't believe it's December either! Where did the time go?! Hope everyone is enjoying their trips!! We're already in planning mode for next years trip!! lol Hope to see everyone in the November 2015 board!!! :)

Have a nice stay!!!

We just came back and it was too short. We had a lovely stay an POFQ.
I sprained my ankle so it slowed down things during the trip. Doing better now.
Already planing next year and we will be going in September and staying at the Poly. Very excited!!!

It was nice to do the countdown with you guys. Have Happy Holidays and a happy New Year!!!

Wow it's been a while since we've heard from anyone here. Guess the last group must have left as it's December, can you believe that?

How was the Thanksgiving week vacations?
Is anyone else feeling withdrawal?

We returned home Monday night after our Thanksgiving Weekend trip to the Magic. We had a rough time flying out the Wednesday before due to weather conditions. Our flight time in the evening changed 4 times. We finally checked into our resort at midnight.

We spent Thanksgiving at HS. Ate dinner at PT and enjoyed the Osbourne Lights. It's an amazing display of lights! HS was not as crowed as I thought it would be. The park was very manageable. Had no problem getting on the rides with our FassPass+. It was nice to be able to walk right on Toy Story Mania and not have to wait 90 minutes.

Friday was an off day that we decided to shop at Downtown Disney. Huge mistake. I read about the construction. It was a total nightmare. It took us over an hour just to drive down the street of Downtown Disney to get to a parking spot. DW loves Downtown Disney, but was really frustrated with all of the traffic and construction. It was fine once we were able to get to the stores.

Saturday was spent at EP and then hopped over to the MK at night. Again, used out FassPass+ to get on the rides. Soarin' was a 120 minute wait. Tried to get more passes when our three were used at 1 PM, and none of the good rides were available. This is when it gets frustrating. Thank goodness the single line for Test Track was only a 20 minute wait in the evening. Ate dinner at Via Napoli. We love that restaurant. Had such a wonderful waitress named Elisa who was so pleasant. She spent a lot of time talking with us. The World Showcase was mobbed with people after dinner. We had to get out of that area due to so many people. Later in the evening we hopped over to the MK for a few hours.

Sunday was another good day of warm weather as we enjoyed MVMCP. Got to the park at 4 pm to take advantage of our three FastPass+ on Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and the 7DMT. It was great to be able to walk right on with little or no wait. Ate dinner at Tony's Town Square, and then enjoyed the night at the Christmas Party. The CM's made sure no one could get into the stores or on the rides without a bracelet. After the first parade, the crowd really thinned. We had no problems getting on the rides. With all of the stage shows, Main Street was quite crowded. Beautiful fireworks display and really loved the parade. We stayed to when the park closed at midnight. Had no problem getting out of the park at all.

And then, like everyone, the depression hits on Monday when checking out and traveling home. But we did stop at the Polynesian and Grand Floridian to check out the Christmas decorations. So it was nice to extend some of the Magic.

It was tough leaving the warm weather and coming back to the cold. I was freezing with temps in the 30's putting up my outside Christmas decorations on Tuesday. It's really tough trying to get motivated after such a wonderful magical trip. I don't know why, but I think it gets tougher and tougher every year when we have to leave. DS had a really hard time going back to school. The good news is that we're going in August 2015 to stay at the Polynesian. Like everyone says, the best depression medicine after leaving the Magic is to book another trip right away. Let the countdown begin! :hourglass :woohoo:

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Have a nice stay!!!

We just came back and it was too short. We had a lovely stay an POFQ.
I sprained my ankle so it slowed down things during the trip. Doing better now.
Already planing next year and we will be going in September and staying at the Poly. Very excited!!!

It was nice to do the countdown with you guys. Have Happy Holidays and a happy New Year!!!
Glad to hear your ankle is doing better. September at the Poly sounds wonderful! We enjoyed our stay there this year.

Friday was an off day that we decided to shop at Downtown Disney. Huge mistake. I read about the construction. It was a total nightmare. It took us over an hour just to drive down the street of Downtown Disney to get to a parking spot. DW loves Downtown Disney, but was really frustrated with all of the traffic and construction. It was fine once we were able to get to the stores.

It was tough leaving the warm weather and coming back to the cold. I was freezing with temps in the 30's putting up my outside Christmas decorations on Tuesday. It's really tough trying to get motivated after such a wonderful magical trip. I don't know why, but I think it gets tougher and tougher every year when we have to leave. DS had a really hard time going back to school. The good news is that we're going in August 2015 to stay at the Polynesian. Like everyone says, the best depression medicine after leaving the Magic is to book another trip right away. Let the countdown begin! :hourglass :woohoo:

Happy Holidays to everyone!
We had the same experience with Downtown Disney. I was aware of the construction, but did not grasp how bad it really was. Took us an hour to get through the traffic and find parking. Very frustrating.

I also agree with it getting tougher and tougher to leave. This year was really rough for some reason. Even to the point where I wondered if we could return to WDW this month or within the next couple of months. We are scheduled to cruise with Disney in September (with one night in WDW), but it seems so far away. We may change it to a full WDW vacation instead, since I'm missing Disney so badly. We'll see how it goes!

Welcome back to everyone who has returned recently!

Right now I'm potentially planning a January 2016 trip!! I have never tried to plan THAT far in advance before! :)

All of this sounds like me. We are supposed to be cruising with Disney in late September 2015. However, I am so tempted to change it to a WDW vacation in early September so we can catch Night of Joy. We've missed it by a few days twice, and I would love to see it some time. That's if I can even wait that long to go back!

I'm also debating a Feb/March or May trip for the Flower and Garden festival (we were supposed to be there in May this year, but that got changed as well).

And it's funny cause we also didn't get a Dole whip, but did get the Mickey Rice Crispy and Mickey Ice cream bar.

Hasn't been announced yet but Night of Joy for 2015 should be Sept. 11th & 12th since it's always the weekend after labor day. That puts it at almost the middle of the month if that helps you out. We're going in 2015 to NOJ & doing a cruise a week later.

Hasn't been announced yet but Night of Joy for 2015 should be Sept. 11th & 12th since it's always the weekend after labor day. That puts it at almost the middle of the month if that helps you out. We're going in 2015 to NOJ & doing a cruise a week later.
Thanks! I saw some chatter about it potentially being the weekend of the 11th, so I've started planning for that week. Still not sure if we'll cruise or do the World, but it's fun to plan for both anyway!

I'm expecting the lineup to be announced this month, so that may help push us one way or the other. Can't wait to hear the lineup either way!

Hey there! Hope you had a great thanksgiving! We are still here at WL! Parks have been great and so has the weather...everyone is having a great time! I can't believe it's December either! Where did the time go?! Hope everyone is enjoying their trips!! We're already in planning mode for next years trip!! lol Hope to see everyone in the November 2015 board!!! :)
We will be there nov fri 13 2015-22

Had a great stay at POP from the 20th - 29th. We had an extended family of 20 and everything went off without a hitch surprisingly. Not a single issue with MyMagic+ and FP+ was great for us. (even had FP's for SDMT and Elsa) Only had a couple issues the entire trip. The boat in front of us on Jungle Cruise had issues in the first bend so we had to back up to the loading dock and get off. (They gave us all paper FP's to use later) and the Tuesday morning it stormed. We literally got off the bus at MK when the Tornado Warning went out so we had to ride it out under the bus shelter. Already booked bounce back for February and upgraded our tickets to annual passes.

Had a great stay at POP from the 20th - 29th. We had an extended family of 20 and everything went off without a hitch surprisingly. Not a single issue with MyMagic+ and FP+ was great for us. (even had FP's for SDMT and Elsa) Only had a couple issues the entire trip. The boat in front of us on Jungle Cruise had issues in the first bend so we had to back up to the loading dock and get off. (They gave us all paper FP's to use later) and the Tuesday morning it stormed. We literally got off the bus at MK when the Tornado Warning went out so we had to ride it out under the bus shelter. Already booked bounce back for February and upgraded our tickets to annual passes.
Sounds like an awesome trip. Welcome back, and congrats on a quickly approaching bounceback!

Thanks! I saw some chatter about it potentially being the weekend of the 11th, so I've started planning for that week. Still not sure if we'll cruise or do the World, but it's fun to plan for both anyway!

I'm expecting the lineup to be announced this month, so that may help push us one way or the other. Can't wait to hear the lineup either way!

Night of joy on my bucket list. I hope to be able to get there if not this year 2016 or 2017. LOL but I plan to live a long time so I have time to get there. But would be cool to go more than once too. LOL
I'm addicted to WDW and not having a trip in the planning I'm feeling a void.
Nervous that time of year would be too warm for me, but then again if I'm talking Night of joy, pool side would be fun during the day.:-)

hmmm maybe I'll fantasize and go check on the flights around that weekend.

Night of joy on my bucket list. I hope to be able to get there if not this year 2016 or 2017. LOL but I plan to live a long time so I have time to get there. But would be cool to go more than once too. LOL
I'm addicted to WDW and not having a trip in the planning I'm feeling a void.
Nervous that time of year would be too warm for me, but then again if I'm talking Night of joy, pool side would be fun during the day.:-)

hmmm maybe I'll fantasize and go check on the flights around that weekend.
I just checked NOJ's Official Facebook page and it has been confirmed for September 11th and 12th.

Ooh, check for flights. I love planning for different Disney vacations, whether it ends up happening or not!

I just checked NOJ's Official Facebook page and it has been confirmed for September 11th and 12th.

Ooh, check for flights. I love planning for different Disney vacations, whether it ends up happening or not!

I did try to check JetBlue but they only had flights up to Labor Day.
And they were higher than usual, of course so I'm gonna have to day dream somemore......maybe check again. LOL

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say it was fun planning with all of you. We just moved our cruise to 2016, so we are officially planning a full WDW vacation in 2015. So excited! I am off to the September 2015 thread!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has a happy new year!! :santa:

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say it was fun planning with all of you. We just moved our cruise to 2016, so we are officially planning a full WDW vacation in 2015. So excited! I am off to the September 2015 thread!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has a happy new year!! :santa:

yeah for you!
It's still just a dream for me.
But I did get a friend to say she would be interested in going to WDW for a girls vacation. So tempting. But I think my son is going to graduate college a semester early so that means I have to come up with extra $$ for the Fall semester instead of getting to spread things out over the year. (Long story)
Not sure I can justify a 2015 vacation yet. Working on it though.
I really would love to be planning something. But for now the lighted palm tree in the bathroom while soaking and running a sound machine with ocean waves will have to do. :rotfl2:

But I'm still putting my name in for the Disney give away. Just maybe I'll get some pixie dust. pixiedust:

yeah for you!
It's still just a dream for me.
But I did get a friend to say she would be interested in going to WDW for a girls vacation. So tempting. But I think my son is going to graduate college a semester early so that means I have to come up with extra $$ for the Fall semester instead of getting to spread things out over the year. (Long story)
Not sure I can justify a 2015 vacation yet. Working on it though.
I really would love to be planning something. But for now the lighted palm tree in the bathroom while soaking and running a sound machine with ocean waves will have to do. :rotfl2:

But I'm still putting my name in for the Disney give away. Just maybe I'll get some pixie dust. pixiedust:
Ooh, that palm tree and sound machine actually sounds really nice!

Sending pixie dust that you'll win the giveaway! Otherwise, think about free dining for a quick weekend during less expensive September?? pixiedust:

Ooh, that palm tree and sound machine actually sounds really nice!

Sending pixie dust that you'll win the giveaway! Otherwise, think about free dining for a quick weekend during less expensive September?? pixiedust:

You know I want that night of joy weekend. :)

Flights are still a little high and not posted for JetBlue that weekend.
If I could get down there for $200 ish, then I'd be so badly wanting to do that.
Waiting patiently for the right offer to pop up.

Thanks for the pixie dust wishes.

hmmm free dining at Pop or other value.......hmmmm....Then to find the right person to travel down with me....hmmmm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter