"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, again! Hoping someone experienced can offer some good insight, and hopefully reassure me!

My group of 10 (5 adults, 5 young kids) will be heading to our first MVMCP in early December. I have been reading every bit of MVMCP information that I can, as this is likely a one-time event for us since it's a big splurge. My group would like to try to watch the first parade, even though we know it will be more crowded, because there's a good chance that some of the kids could fall asleep & miss the parade entirely if we only do the second, later parade.

However, I'm reading reports on various blogs & forums that people suggest getting a spot on the curb on Main Street for the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade at least 2 hours early! And that would mean being on the curb at 630pm for an 830pm parade! Not only am I concerned that the kids (6, 6, 5, 4, 20 months) won't have the patience for that, but also we were hoping to get one large group photo with the 7 Dwarfs, and our original plan was to do that first (and be in line early for them). But now I'm worried accomplishing both won't happen - if we focus on good parade seating & watch the first parade, that flows right into the fireworks show at 10pm, meaning we probably couldn't line up for 7 Dwarfs until after fireworks were over - likely having asleep kiddos!

But if we do the Dwarfs first, even if we managed to be among the first in line, we might not be finished that until 730pm or after, and will that put us out of contention for a curb spot on Main Street for the first parade? We don't need a full curb for all 10 of us, if that makes a difference, but we do have strollers and would want the 4 older kids to have a curb seat while we adults stand or carry the 20 month old.

Realistically - is it just something that we have to let go of, wanting to do the first parade AND meeting a popular character(s) while everyone is awake? If so, that's really frustrating. Thanks in advance for any feedback - I'm the primary planner for all 10 of us & was the one who convinced everyone to splurge on MVMCP, so I'm really trying to make sure we all have a good time.

Dwarves come out at 6:15. Line up for them around 5 and you'll be one of the first groups and you won't be wasting party time.

Get a spot for the first parade an hour 15 to an hour early down by the train station. These spots go later than the ones near the castle and on main street proper. It's still a great spot with snow and a view of the castle.

I'm thinking of buying tickets online today for the 11/16 party -- but we leave for Disney tomorrow (YEEEEEE!!). Will the tickets load into MDE or do I need any paper proof I bought them and should wait to purchase down there? TIA! It's a bday gift for my dad (the last time we went I was 3 - and I still remember the snow on Main Street!) :tink:

Is there a Santa Stitch? If so is he only meeting during the party or all times?

No unfortunately there is no Santa stitch at MVMCP. There must have been one years ago, or maybe he meets at the Poly on Christmas.

I'm thinking of buying tickets online today for the 11/16 party -- but we leave for Disney tomorrow (YEEEEEE!!). Will the tickets load into MDE or do I need any paper proof I bought them and should wait to purchase down there? TIA! It's a bday gift for my dad (the last time we went I was 3 - and I still remember the snow on Main Street!) :tink:

Yes, barring anything unforeseen they should load onto MDE almost immediately.

It should be on your MDE. Mine was immediately after we purchased them.

If staying off-site do you get magic bands for the party?

We are currently booked on-site(with just party tickets) but will likely have to cancel and change up our trip. So I can customize my magic bands now, but if I cancel will they still come.

I would call and purchase them over the phone and request an email verification with a confirmation number. We had a little issue with our tickets not loading automatically so I called in for a confirmation email (which is apparently not sent when you order online) and went in and linked our tickets once I had the confirmation number - no issue after that! Since you’re time sensitive I’d just go straight to calling.

Dwarves come out at 6:15. Line up for them around 5 and you'll be one of the first groups and you won't be wasting party time.

Get a spot for the first parade an hour 15 to an hour early down by the train station. These spots go later than the ones near the castle and on main street proper. It's still a great spot with snow and a view of the castle.
Where are the seven dwarves located on party night?

I would call and purchase them over the phone and request an email verification with a confirmation number. We had a little issue with our tickets not loading automatically so I called in for a confirmation email (which is apparently not sent when you order online) and went in and linked our tickets once I had the confirmation number - no issue after that! Since you’re time sensitive I’d just go straight to calling.

THANKS!

If staying off-site do you get magic bands for the party?

We are currently booked on-site(with just party tickets) but will likely have to cancel and change up our trip. So I can customize my magic bands now, but if I cancel will they still come.

No just a party ticket doesn’t get you a magic band.

Where are the seven dwarves located on party night?

They are over in Storybook Circus, way in the back to the left of the train station under a circus tent.

So that puts them in between the circus tent where Daisy, Minnie, Donald and Goofy meet during the day and the train station.

Was just thinking, is it easier to walk down to the train station before the parade via Main Street or using the Bypass? Does the Bypass stay open during the entire party?

Is the firework music piped in to FanstayLand area? I am considering watching from there for a change - and hope that from there getting to a decent parade viewing spot after works out - even if it means walking thru the bypass over to train station quick.

Is the firework music piped in to FanstayLand area? I am considering watching from there for a change - and hope that from there getting to a decent parade viewing spot after works out - even if it means walking thru the bypass over to train station quick.
Great minds think alike! ;) I haven't seen Holiday Wishes yet, but fo4 original Wishes our family would usually watch it one night in the Hub and one night in Fantasyland. Our favorite spots were sitting on the wall outside of the Winnie the Pooh ride (I feel like there may even be a speaker tower there) or over near Enchanted Tales of Belle sitting on a wall back there. Last time when we were by Enchanted Tales of Belle it was kind of sweet because the CM who works the entrance there had the whole show memorized and was acting it out. Wishes was great from Fantasyland but lots of turning your head back and forth. :) But my boys love being close to where the fireworks launch. And we have always been able to year the narrative/music clearly so there must have been speakers around there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter