***Official May 2022 thread***

With the recent news, do you think Fantasmic may be back by the time trip rolls around?

I know Flower and Garden will be there. I am also excited now that Everest is going to be open and Splash. This trip is 22 years in the making and I am just excited.

With the recent news, do you think Fantasmic may be back by the time trip rolls around?

I know Flower and Garden will be there. I am also excited now that Everest is going to be open and Splash. This trip is 22 years in the making and I am just excited.

Maybe, but I wouldn't plan on Fantastic being back until they say so. I'm expecting for it not to be back up and running by then, but if it is then it will be a pleasant surprise.

Our dates need to be adjusted a bit as we are spending a bit more time at Universal than WDW so new dates are May 14-18 at POFQ and May 18-23 at RPR. This is mostly because we are doing 10 Disney days in September as well. But also to get some Universal days that aren't on the weekend. I expect we'll still do WDW on the 18th and then move over in the evening.

I'm ready to start planning now I think. I love planning, but it has been hard to want to get into this trip since we've had to cancel a couple. I just hope we can go. I don't want to wait anymore!!

@PixieT78 I share your sentiments exactly! After canceling May 2020, I did a bit of planning for Aug. 2020 then when I canceled that I did next to no planning for May 2021...then I started planning again for this May. Like you, I really hope we can go. Right now I'm supposed to tag along with my DH's work conference in April so I feel like since it's likely he HAS to go on that one, that after then we'll be fine going on the May trip...I'm tired of waiting too!

Well here I am in the May thread ! I’m very much hoping that this time we are able to go. I’ll spare everyone all the details but will say that we are coming from Canada and cancelled our early January trip 12 days before we were due to leave. That was really really disappointing. I’m cautiously optimistic and ready to play for May :).

Our dates are May 21st to May 29th. The 21st to the 26th will be at The Swan or Port Orleans Riverside ( haven’t fully decided yet ), and we are at AKL for the 26th to the 29th.

Our flights are booked and it’s time to start thinking about park days and ADRs again. I’m looking forward to going when I know we will be able to swim and the weather will be warm.. that was iffy for our January trip.
Looking forward to planning with you all !

@PixieT78 I share your sentiments exactly! After canceling May 2020, I did a bit of planning for Aug. 2020 then when I canceled that I did next to no planning for May 2021...then I started planning again for this May. Like you, I really hope we can go. Right now I'm supposed to tag along with my DH's work conference in April so I feel like since it's likely he HAS to go on that one, that after then we'll be fine going on the May trip...I'm tired of waiting too!

This is similar to us too. We had an April/May 2020 trip that was all planned with Fastpasses booked and all when everything shut down. Rescheduled for August/September 2020 feeling super hopeful planned stuff. Moved it to February 2021 then September 2021 with no real planning. Now feeling very optimistic about May 2022. I'd like my youngest to be vaccinated but it sounds like that'll start at the end of this month.

Just rescheduled our May trip in favor of a December one. I'm bummed but I've dreamed of staying on site at Christmas for years and I've never done it so that helps!

I'm happy to continue to moderate this thread as I'm always happy to see and hear about Disney plans!

Just rescheduled our May trip in favor of a December one. I'm bummed but I've dreamed of staying on site at Christmas for years and I've never done it so that helps!

I'm happy to continue to moderate this thread as I'm always happy to see and hear about Disney plans!
So sad to have to postpone a trip (done it three times already myself) but at least you have one to look forward to and more time to plan! My bucket list is to go in December sometime too (secretly hoping for a bounceback offer from our May trip to go this December too).

I'm worried about that too! Space220, Sci-Fi, Garden Grill, 'Ohana & Chef Art Smith...I'm most concerned about 'Ohana and Chef Art because they are my second half of the split stay!

I am wanting:
Tusker House Breakfast
Rose & Crown Fireworks
Olga’s
Yak and Yetti
Hollywood Brown Derby
Via Napoli
Skipper Canteen
Boathouse
Savi

I've been obsessing about dining reservations. About half of the restaurants I want have no availability at the 60-day mark, and I have no idea how many days into the trip I need to put them to make sure I get ADRs. Gah! I love the planning, and it drives me crazy to have to wait so long to start locking in dining plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter