Official May 2009 Thread....The wait is on!!

Have fun May Disers, we leave in a week, starting to get stressed.:woohoo:

See you all soon.

LEAVING TODAY!!!! Whoo hoo. Of course we still have our 16 hour drive ahead of us, but WE ARE LEAVING TODAY!!!!!! Yippie!!!!!!!!

Everyone join me in a dance....
:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2:party::jumping1::jumping3::bounce::Pinkbounc:figment:

See ya guys. hope everyone has a wonderful trip!!!! :wave2:

17 days. we are enjoying the anticipation and excitement leading up to our trip. Flying this time, first time on a plane for the kids.

We're supposed to be going to DW 5/17-5/23 but I'm thinking of postponing the trip due to the swine flu :sick:. Have any of you changed your plans or does everyone feel safe?:confused3 I realize that we're all at risk any time we go out in public or even getting take out food. It just seems that DW is a place that may have additional risks because it's a gathering place for people from all over the world.

We're supposed to be going to DW 5/17-5/23 but I'm thinking of postponing the trip due to the swine flu :sick:. Have any of you changed your plans or does everyone feel safe?:confused3 I realize that we're all at risk any time we go out in public or even getting take out food. It just seems that DW is a place that may have additional risks because it's a gathering place for people from all over the world.

I don't know your family situation but the swine flu, although is highly dangerous, is usually only very harmful to people with compromised immune systems (children under 5, elderly, cancer patients, HIV, etc). It really is just a bad flu strand.

As of yesterday when I looked there were still no confirmed cases in Orlando (at least the way it looked on the map I was looking at), I could be wrong about this though!!!

I am taking DS4 (we leave today! :woohoo:) who is obviously under 5 and has asthma so any strand of flu is a risk for him. I went to my doctor (who wouldn't let me take my newborn out of the house for 2 months! or my DS2 to church during the winter because he had RSV once and she didn't want him to get it again) and she said she didn't there was any reason to cancel or start him on an antiviral. My mom is a nurse practitioner and she agrees. They both did say to wash your hands often and use purell after every attraction.

Just my experience with it. Only you can decide what is best for you and your family!!!!

I just returned from Disney today from a week trip. Although we did use lots of purell, I didnt see anyone else wigging out or anything. And-We had a blast! Like the other poster said-it is according to your family, but I dont think anyone else has canceled. :goodvibes

6 more days until we arrive at the Beach Club. Hooray! How can I make the next 6 days go by really fast???:yay:

We're going from the 17th to the 24th. A week and a day until we get on our flight! We're SO EXCITED!!!

I don't know your family situation but the swine flu, although is highly dangerous, is usually only very harmful to people with compromised immune systems (children under 5, elderly, cancer patients, HIV, etc). It really is just a bad flu strand.

As of yesterday when I looked there were still no confirmed cases in Orlando (at least the way it looked on the map I was looking at), I could be wrong about this though!!!

I am taking DS4 (we leave today! :woohoo:) who is obviously under 5 and has asthma so any strand of flu is a risk for him. I went to my doctor (who wouldn't let me take my newborn out of the house for 2 months! or my DS2 to church during the winter because he had RSV once and she didn't want him to get it again) and she said she didn't there was any reason to cancel or start him on an antiviral. My mom is a nurse practitioner and she agrees. They both did say to wash your hands often and use purell after every attraction.

Just my experience with it. Only you can decide what is best for you and your family!!!!

Thank you for responding. Your post makes me feel better about going. It will be my wife(39), daughter(5), and me(37). We're all pretty healthy, so we should be okay.

I just returned from Disney today from a week trip. Although we did use lots of purell, I didnt see anyone else wigging out or anything. And-We had a blast! Like the other poster said-it is according to your family, but I dont think anyone else has canceled. :goodvibes

I'm glad you all had fun and arrived home safely. Thank you for your feedback. I'll definitely be breaking out the Purell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter