• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official March 2021 Thread***

We will plan for the 2nd dose to be at a time when we won't have to be worried about what we're doing for a few days.

Then there are people like me- driving from NY to Disney at the end of the month and was able to get my first shot last week...which puts the 2nd shot the afternoon before the long drive!😬

Obviously wasn't going to refuse the shot (hard to get an appointment in NY) and can't push off the drive for a myriad of reasons.

Then there are people like me- driving from NY to Disney at the end of the month and was able to get my first shot last week...which puts the 2nd shot the afternoon before the long drive!😬

Obviously wasn't going to refuse the shot (hard to get an appointment in NY) and can't push off the drive for a myriad of reasons.
Yikes. No way to postpone the trip a few days I suppose? I haven't had the vaccine, but have had Covid, and if the reaction some people report is as bad as the disease felt, I can tell you that driving would have been physically impossible. Plus it would stink to get all the way down and not be able to enter a park because of a fever.

I hope your side effects are minimal!!!

Got my Ale & Compass breakfast moved to 7:15... if I can’t move it back any further, we will show up at 7:00 with our meals planned out and hope to be seated a little early.
I think that should work perfectly! We find that when a Disney restaurant first opens for a shift, they can often accommodate you a little early. Gets harder after it has been open a while and all the tables are filled with prior diners.

I'm a teacher and we were just offered the vaccine from the county. I just got the first shot last week. I'm glad to get that under my belt with no issues! My mom had issues with the 2nd shot, but my 84 year old dad wasn't even tired after his 2nd shot! You never can tell!

Good luck to those of you trying to get the vaccine!

Yikes. No way to postpone the trip a few days I suppose? I haven't had the vaccine, but have had Covid, and if the reaction some people report is as bad as the disease felt, I can tell you that driving would have been physically impossible. Plus it would stink to get all the way down and not be able to enter a park because of a fever.

We can't. My wife has a bad back so she flies down the next night. Gives my son and I two days to get down there and pick her up. We already booked a hotel in South Carolina for Friday (our stopping point) and only have 5 days (Sun-thursday) for our 5 day passes. We have to leave to come back North Friday morning.

Good news is my son is 17 and can drive. If I need to take a nap for an hour or two I can let him take the wheel.

Based on all the research I've done the side effects from the second shot are worse but are almost always gone by the third day (our first day at the parks).

I'm optimistic that it will all work out, but also slightly nervous simply because the drive down is one of my favorite parts of the vacation and I don't want to feel crappy that day.

At least I'll feel ok on the drive home, but that part isn't nearly as enjoyable. 😂

We are planning to nail down our ADRS today or tomorrow so once we do I will be releasing a few Sci-Fi ADRs, a LTT, a Beaches and Cream and one or two Yak &Yeti (I can't remember if I have two or three times reserved right now). Once I know which ones we are releasing I'll post the times and dates in case anyone on this thread needs any of them. This is all for the dates of 21st-26th and is for 6 people.

On a side note, since LA is opening back up some my niece has finally been able to return to work so she now has to fly down on our first park day instead of the day before. Which is actually her birthday! Thankfully she can handle the time change from LA to Disney and maybe will sleep a bit on the red eye flight she is taking. She will only miss about 3 or 4 park hours that day so she won't miss a lot. She did the college program and worked at MK so the good thing is she knows her way around so we don't have to worry about her getting lost like we would if it were our middle sister (she isn't really into Disney so rarely goes).

We are planning to nail down our ADRS today or tomorrow so once we do I will be releasing a few Sci-Fi ADRs, a LTT, a Beaches and Cream and one or two Yak &Yeti (I can't remember if I have two or three times reserved right now). Once I know which ones we are releasing I'll post the times and dates in case anyone on this thread needs any of them. This is all for the dates of 21st-26th and is for 6 people.

On a side note, since LA is opening back up some my niece has finally been able to return to work so she now has to fly down on our first park day instead of the day before. Which is actually her birthday! Thankfully she can handle the time change from LA to Disney and maybe will sleep a bit on the red eye flight she is taking. She will only miss about 3 or 4 park hours that day so she won't miss a lot. She did the college program and worked at MK so the good thing is she knows her way around so we don't have to worry about her getting lost like we would if it were our middle sister (she isn't really into Disney so rarely goes).
It’s great she’s returning to work but a bummer on the timing! At least there’s the red eye so she’s not missing a whole day!

Husband and I did a practice run on the ROTR boarding groups. Both of us failed miserably (which is good for the people in Orlando who needed them Haha). We received boarding groups full message at 7:00. Do they really all go in one second? We have two park days reserved for Studios but I naively thought we probably won't need that second day because we'll nail this. HA! Joke's on me.

Me too! First time in a year to get back on a plane. Kind of nervous but intensely excited!
We fly out tomorrow night and I feel like there are still so many things in the way! I’ve got FIVE work calls today, my daughter has an extra curricular tonight 30 minutes away, and she has a big presentation (big for a 2nd grader w/ costume—she’s Walt Disney for biography day!). I just want to fast forward through all of it!

Husband and I did a practice run on the ROTR boarding groups. Both of us failed miserably (which is good for the people in Orlando who needed them Haha). We received boarding groups full message at 7:00. Do they really all go in one second? We have two park days reserved for Studios but I naively thought we probably won't need that second day because we'll nail this. HA! Joke's on me.
It can go really quickly! Have you practiced before? I found the tips and tricks on the ROTR thread were actually pretty helpful.

It can go really quickly! Have you practiced before? I found the tips and tricks on the ROTR thread were actually pretty helpful.

Not since we had to get the boarding groups when you were inside the park after it opened. So it's been about a year or so. Maybe just opposite of beginner's luck for us today.

Oh and I hear you about work. 12 months of pretty much nothing major going on. I'm FINALLY able to go somewhere and work is blowing up to a ridiculous level. Just like the good old days.

Not since we had to get the boarding groups when you were inside the park after it opened. So it's been about a year or so. Maybe just opposite of beginner's luck for us today.
I also read on the ROTR board a theory that because we are getting close to the week of full capacity more people are trying for them and it’s reducing the window even further. I tried yesterday and would have been successful, but I can’t imagine what day of will be when the park is at capacity and people are trying as practice for future dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter