****Official July 2021 Thread****

Well heard from my Disney Planner today.... we got moved to GF TPV due to CR room renovations during our trip. I’m super excited ! I’ve wanted to stay there since I was a little girl !!
Wow that’s awesome! We stayed at GF in a garden view. I absolutely love that resort❤️.

Looking for non-park ideas for my mother/daughter trip (daughter is 8). She loves food and unique experiences. We are checking in on a Monday and that is our resort day. Tues/Wed/Thurs are set to be in the parks, but I'm actually considering Wednesday to not go to the parks and have another resort/exploration/experience day. Ideas? I have never really researched "extras." Not even sure what will be available. Thanks!

Ahoy Mateys!!!

Cancelled our trip to Paris originally scheduled for April 2020, then July 2020 then April 2021 then July 2021 and not moved to June 2022 SOOOOOO we decided to use the days in 2021 to head back to WDW. July 3 - July 10 at CBR (first trip staying there since 2013). This will be our third trip since the July 2020 COVID reopening so looking forward to get down to the dirty planning.

last time we were there for July 4 we spend the day in Magic Kingdom so this time around we made a reservation for Epcot...may spend the morning in the park then head back to the resort for a mid day break and head back for dinner and HOPEFULLY to see some Fireworks.

Looking forward to getting to know you all a little better.

Looking for non-park ideas for my mother/daughter trip (daughter is 8). She loves food and unique experiences. We are checking in on a Monday and that is our resort day. Tues/Wed/Thurs are set to be in the parks, but I'm actually considering Wednesday to not go to the parks and have another resort/exploration/experience day. Ideas? I have never really researched "extras." Not even sure what will be available. Thanks!
I'd suggest checking out what food & beverage offerings are available at the Monorail resorts and making the loop around there. If the Poly's station is still closed, you can get off at the TTC and walk (I do that when I'm staying there!), and heck, now that the walkway is open from GF to MK, you could actually take a nice long, scenic walk from GF to the Contemporary!

I'd suggest the Boardwalk / Crescent Lake / S&D area, but I've got no idea what's open these days.
Ahoy Mateys!!!

Cancelled our trip to Paris originally scheduled for April 2020, then July 2020 then April 2021 then July 2021 and not moved to June 2022 SOOOOOO we decided to use the days in 2021 to head back to WDW. July 3 - July 10 at CBR (first trip staying there since 2013). This will be our third trip since the July 2020 COVID reopening so looking forward to get down to the dirty planning.

last time we were there for July 4 we spend the day in Magic Kingdom so this time around we made a reservation for Epcot...may spend the morning in the park then head back to the resort for a mid day break and head back for dinner and HOPEFULLY to see some Fireworks.

OOOOooo, you've been twice since last summer? I hereby designate you the Official Authority On WDW During Covid. :tink: Aren't you glad you joined us? :earboy2: All kidding aside, my son and I feel your pain; last summer he was supposed to go on a high school trip that included Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris and London, butttttttttttt... They're ostensibly rescheduling for this summer, but none of us are holding our breath. As one of the organizers told me, "Even if we can get there, who's to say anything we want to see is going to be open?" So I think we're going to have to just stroll around World Showcase and pretend. pooh:

We will be there July 17-24 at DVC Polynesian Village.

Rescheduled from September 2020 .

OOOOooo, you've been twice since last summer? I hereby designate you the Official Authority On WDW During Covid. :tink: Aren't you glad you joined us? :earboy2: All kidding aside, my son and I feel your pain; last summer he was supposed to go on a high school trip that included Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris and London, butttttttttttt... They're ostensibly rescheduling for this summer, but none of us are holding our breath. As one of the organizers told me, "Even if we can get there, who's to say anything we want to see is going to be open?" So I think we're going to have to just stroll around World Showcase and pretend. pooh:
I wouldnt say I am expert by any means but I'm happy to do what I can.

We will be there 7/23 - 7/30. Staying offsite at Silver Lake Resort. Looking forward to this trip. It's been 5 years since our last trip.

Last edited:
Ahoy Mateys!!!

I will be there during the same week! Staying at OKW. First time at DVC, First time spending 4th of July at WDW, First time attending a festival at Epcot.... First time visiting WDW without FP+. I am worried about the crowd.

Ahoy Mateys!!!

We had a Paris/London trip scheduled for August 2020, Covid squashed that plan. Would have been our first time in Paris. Decided to wait another year and go to Disney instead. Not a terrible trade-off. :)

We had a Paris/London trip scheduled for August 2020, Covid squashed that plan. Would have been our first time in Paris. Decided to wait another year and go to Disney instead. Not a terrible trade-off. :)
Definitely not the worst trade off all things considered.

I will be there during the same week! Staying at OKW. First time at DVC, First time spending 4th of July at WDW, First time attending a festival at Epcot.... First time visiting WDW without FP+. I am worried about the crowd.
I'll be totally honest and say I MUCH prefer not having FP+ available. Rope drop and park close still offers great opportunities for the shortest waits but with nobody having access to FP+ the crowds are so much more dispersed around the parks. Sure, there are a couple of attractions that you might have to wait longer for because you don't have a FP+ BUT now rather than second or third rides not even be an option because of triple digit standby times, you can easily work in multiple rides and wait less overall.

Wilderness Lodge July 17-24! First trip back since 2009! (my boys got too busy with school sports, college, then married life, etc.) This time it is myself, my husband and bonus son! We will celebrate our 7th anniversary there and it is also my husband's first time at WDW! Still trying to catch up on all things new. We used to come every year and made it a point to stay at different resorts each trip. Looking forward to enjoying WL again!

Hello Fellow July Travelers! Apologies for the delay in response, but, well, we froze last week... :cold::cold::cold:
Just here to say that this Texan is really looking forward to melting in Florida this July.
This Houstonian joins you in that sentiment. :crazy2:
We will be there 7/23 - 7/30. Staying offsite at Silver Lake Resort. Looking forward to this trip. It's been 5 years since our last trip.
Howdy!!! You're in for a real treat; so many awesome things have been added in the last 5 years!!!
We will be there July 7-14 at the Riviera!
I can’t wait!
Bonjour!!! I'm hoping we'll be able to head over there for breakfast at Topolinos or possibly dinner. ALL the restaurants there look completely amazing!
Welcome home! OKW is a NEAT resort, and Olivia's is the bomb! I confess, I'm concerned about crowds and life without FPs, but... (continued below)
I'll be totally honest and say I MUCH prefer not having FP+ available. Rope drop and park close still offers great opportunities for the shortest waits but with nobody having access to FP+ the crowds are so much more dispersed around the parks. Sure, there are a couple of attractions that you might have to wait longer for because you don't have a FP+ BUT now rather than second or third rides not even be an option because of triple digit standby times, you can easily work in multiple rides and wait less overall.
This is incredibly reassuring. My hope is they keep capacity near its current levels!
Wilderness Lodge July 17-24! First trip back since 2009! (my boys got too busy with school sports, college, then married life, etc.) This time it is myself, my husband and bonus son! We will celebrate our 7th anniversary there and it is also my husband's first time at WDW! Still trying to catch up on all things new. We used to come every year and made it a point to stay at different resorts each trip. Looking forward to enjoying WL again!
Welcome aboard! You may notice a few changes have occurred in the last 11 years... :D WL is on my bucket list; it's SO gorgeous!!!

Okay, I think that's caught me up! Don't forget to let me know if your plans change and your roll call entry needs updating! Have a great weekend everyone!!! pooh:

If anyone sees any reports on how the new mask policy is being enforced at table service establishments, please reply here.

I get it at quick service location, but for table service dining, this is a deal breaker for me. As someone who is hearing impaired, sitting down and relaxing, being able to talk to my family is one of the BIG reasons we opted for more table service options on our last two (post pandemic) trips.

If this is going to be enforced to the same degree at both quick and table service locations (which I expect) we will almost assuredly opt for quick service only on-site and just drive off-site for table service options.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney...tes-policy-for-face-coverings-in-restaurants/

If anyone sees any reports on how the new mask policy is being enforced at table service establishments, please reply here.

I get it at quick service location, but for table service dining, this is a deal breaker for me. As someone who is hearing impaired, sitting down and relaxing, being able to talk to my family is one of the BIG reasons we opted for more table service options on our last two (post pandemic) trips.

If this is going to be enforced to the same degree at both quick and table service locations (which I expect) we will almost assuredly opt for quick service only on-site and just drive off-site for table service options.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney...tes-policy-for-face-coverings-in-restaurants/
Just saw a "Paging Mr. Morrow" Youtube video about this when he goes to eat at Garden Grill with the new mask rule. He explained it and showed that you keep it on while ordering and waiting and then when you receive your meal and drink you can keep it off until you are finished. I'm sure they will need to train on this as many people can have varying interpretations of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter