OFFICIAL JULY 2009 THREAD!!! The wait is on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! This is my first post. I love this site and have been lurking around for a few months. Reading all of the posts, especially in this thread, is getting me sooooooo excited! Is it okay if I just jump on in here?!

My family and I will be visiting Disney from July 16th through the 24th. We are celebrating my girls birthdays. My oldest turns 13 this weekend. My youngest turns nine a week after we get back.

This year we're going to stay in Port Orleans Riverside. I requested the mansions so hopefully they'll be able to find one for us as both of my girls fell in love with them from the pics on the Disney.com site.

I made all of my dinner reservations in April. We didn't take advantage of the dining plan last year. We mostly at CS or out of our cooler, although we did make a stop at Tony's, a favorite of mine from my visits in the late 80's. After reading tons of reviews, I think I've made good choices....the only one that worries me is Restaurant Marrakesh but I think we'll be okay. After all, who doesn't like shish kabobs and couscous, right? Lol!

This year we'll be eating at
Liberty Tree Tavern on 7-17 @ 7
Boma on 7-19 @ 9am
Restaurant Marrakesh on 7-20 @ 7
Whispering Canyon on 7-21 @ 7
Chef Mickey on 7-22 @ 9am
50's Primetime also on 7-22 @ 7
and then dinner at O'Hana's @ 6:30
before starting our long sad drive back to Indiana (are there any other adults that feel sad when they leave Disney? lol! DH thinks I'm nuts!)

Welcome to our World Indianamama!! :welcome: :dance3:
I think you'll love Restaurant Marrakesh! I did! We ate late there one night and unfortunately missed the show. At 7, you should have no trouble. I think it is a belly dancer type show. The food is yummy and the dessert...OMG.. I had the sampler! I recommend it. It had little pastries like baklava, but they were all different. There were maybe 4? Yum! My daughter was 6 and she found something good to eat.

We're eating at Boma too, but a few days before you. Congratulations on moving up to a moderate resort! I have never been over to PO but I want o check it out. I hear they have a good restaurant. We're staying at SSR. The list of whose going and what resort they're staying at is on page 3, post 39 of this thread. Everyone's dinner reservations (ADR's) is on page 67, and photos of us are on page 178.

See you at Disney!

Okay, so tomorrow I'll get up. My friend will come over and get my house key, the instruction on feeding and care of 2 3-month old kittens (what was I thinking??) and my mom's phone number. My mom will get the kitten instructions and my friend's phone number. She already has the key.

I'm packed except for hair stuff, makeup and toothbrushes. Kittens have care. I need to do nothing other than straighten the house and get the car loaded and maybe order pizza for dinner. I reconfirmed dining, hotel and air. I think I'm ready.

I can't believe it's almost here. A little under 36 hours to go.

BTW, since I imagine this thread will hit 250 by then, could somone email me at carrie6466@aol.com with a link to the new thread if one starts?

We will be leaving 7/26 returning 8/10 (part in Disney, part at Universal)..... I am taking my husband, my younger daughter (14) and our two sons (ages 11 and 10) plus a family friend (age 16). I can't wait!!

I just watched the posted link from the disney rumors board on youtube and feel like a little child...I can't stop crying...

There thankfully wasn't that many people aboard but my god, when you see the people banging on the conductors door and you hear the panic, it just takes a toll on the heart. It's going to be really hard heading out there next weekend... Its so so heartbreaking....

Oh god, that video was devastating! It must have been just moments after the crash, they were still calling to the driver. This is the first time that an accident at wdw has made me so upset. I'm still crying from watching that video. It's just so sad. :sad1:

Oh god, that video was devastating! It must have been just moments after the crash, they were still calling to the driver. This is the first time that an accident at wdw has made me so upset. I'm still crying from watching that video. It's just so sad. :sad1:

I really got so sick over it that vinnie had to take me out of the house. It just, hit me you know? Like that wasnt a movie this was real...

Boma on 7-19 @ 9am

Hey I just noticed that we'll be at WCC the same time as you! We have an ADR at 6:55pm that night!

Look for a group of 9....2 families with kids DD18, DS15, DD14, DS11, & DS10.

WCC is a great place to eat. You'll really enjoy it!!

Hey I just noticed that we'll be at WCC the same time as you! We have an ADR at 6:55pm that night!

Look for a group of 9....2 families with kids DD18, DS15, DD14, DS11, & DS10.

WCC is a great place to eat. You'll really enjoy it!!

We will also be at WCC that night. Our ADR is at 6:20. We have never been and are really excited! It will be our 4th night, so just look for two tired, whining children and two exhausted parents. :lmao:

We will also be at WCC that night. Our ADR is at 6:20. We have never been and are really excited! It will be our 4th night, so just look for two tired, whining children and two exhausted parents. :lmao:

Hi! It will be our 4th night too!:)
...staying at BCV & AKV

You all will love WCC. We ate our Thanksgiving dinner there Nov 07. It was delicious. It was a special Thanksgiving menu, so there wasn't any individual selection. I dont' know how they do it there regular nights because it was family style like O'hana's for Thanksgiving. But it was great! I'd definitely eat there again. Service was outstanding. :banana:

I wanted to first say my prayers are with the family of the CM who was killed in the monorail accident, and also his Disney family. I didn't hear about this accident until I was in Hollywood Studios today. A met a fellow Dis'er at WDW today and she informed me of the accident once I was there. She was awoken this morning when several people sent her messages to check on her.

On another note, we went to DHS today and thought I would update you on the crowds. It was not crowded at all. We didn't get there until after 10:00am. We got a lot done (not in order), rode TSMM twice, ToT 3 times once with a FP and the other two times it was almost a walk on. Rode the GMR when it started raining. Had lunch at 50's Primetime (walk-in). Had our pics taken with the UP and Monters, Inc. characters. Saw The Little Mermaid, the 3:00 parade/show (can't remember the name), and AIE. Looked in a couple of the stores. Left by 5:30. The longest waits were 50 minutes for RnR, which we had FP's for and it was having some issues because we watched several trains go through without people. And TSMM was at 50 minutes late in the day, 30 minutes in the morning. Really strange day. I walked around all day and kept saying "Where is everyone?"

Hey everybody! Having a great time so far!!

A few notes.

The Contemporary no longer has computers in the room, and there is no wireless internet in the rooms. Only one cable to plug into. My sister spent a while trying ot figure out how to get my laptop to run the internet off of her laptop. I finally called Martydog (our local computer expert friend) and screamed "Help" into the phone. He came right over with a router and 2 cables, and we are both up and running now.

The concierge people don't seem to be as knowledgable as they have in the past. I woke up early yesterday, went out and asked them what time we had to be at Epcot for the dolphin experience, and where were we supposed to go. She said she did not know and they should have told us that when we made the reservation. I just looked at her and said "hmmm, I believe you all made the reservation for us?" Then I appologized and said, "Sorry it is early, I have not had a smoke or a soda yet, but I thought that was what we were paying you to do for us, to know these things." I told her I was going to go have a cigarette, and for her to see if she could figure it out by the time I got back., which she did.

The dolphin experience was great, sorry I don't have a scanner with me or I would scan and post the picture. The only problem we had was with the wheelchair we rented. It did not want to go through the little doorways we had to go through.

Went to Chef Mickey's last night. I brought a white paint pen and got Mickey to sign my cane! Had to rush the waitress a bit after an hour and 45 minutes to please bring us the bill so we could get upstairs to watch the fireworks.

They had the special fireworks last night. They were so awesome from our balcony on the 12th floor. The best part is that we will get to see them again tonight!!

MK had EMH until 2 am last night, so after the fireworks we headed over to the park to catch some rides.

We are a little bit tired today, but did not plan on any parks today anyway. We have a few local friends going to join us tonight to watch the fireworks.

LOL, If you are on the monorail and see a balcony on the 12th floor with a birthday banner going across it, that is our room! My kid showed up yesterday and we gave her some money and sent her to the MK to get us some balloons to decorate the room with. So the room and balcony is all decked out with birthday stuff.

Oh and we got an odd numbered room so our beds face the castle! I love being in bed at night staring out the window, watching the lights on the castle change!

Happy 4th of July everybody!! Did I mention that the fireworks were awesome..........

FlyingPegasus & qruthie 7/2-12/09, CR CL MK view

So glad to hear that you all are having a great time!! Can't wait to get a full review! :yay:

Hi all! This is my first post. I love this site and have been lurking around for a few months. Reading all of the posts, especially in this thread, is getting me sooooooo excited! Is it okay if I just jump on in here?!

My family and I will be visiting Disney from July 16th through the 24th. We are celebrating my girls birthdays. My oldest turns 13 this weekend. My youngest turns nine a week after we get back.

This year we're going to stay in Port Orleans Riverside. I requested the mansions so hopefully they'll be able to find one for us as both of my girls fell in love with them from the pics on the Disney.com site.

I made all of my dinner reservations in April. We didn't take advantage of the dining plan last year. We mostly at CS or out of our cooler, although we did make a stop at Tony's, a favorite of mine from my visits in the late 80's. After reading tons of reviews, I think I've made good choices....the only one that worries me is Restaurant Marrakesh but I think we'll be okay. After all, who doesn't like shish kabobs and couscous, right? Lol!

Boma on 7-19 @ 9am
before starting our long sad drive back to Indiana (are there any other adults that feel sad when they leave Disney? lol! DH thinks I'm nuts!)

Welcome. It is never too late to join! Don't know if I will have time to add you to the list of Who's Going but if you want to see the list as it is it is found on page 3 post 39. You are not the only person who has joined us in the last week or so that I need to add. If anyone who is not on the list can PM me I will be sure to get you added. It will save me the time of re-reading about 50 to 75 pages. Lois

Here's one for you. Halfway through church, Mom is holding Sophie. She turns and looks at me, and whispers - "She doesn't have any panties on!" :lmao: I was so caught up in reading about the monorail this morning, I forgot my child's undies! Thank goodness I had a pair in the "church bag"!

LOL!! :laughing: That sounds like something that I would do...

I was just sitting here thinking while reading all the latest responses and thought we should post pics of our trips. Espcially those showing the crowds. We might see ourselves in someone else's pics!

And I also start feeling sad knowing the end of our trip is near, even though we haven't even left for Orlando yet.

We will definitely keep an eye out for you.

I was told to be sure to ask for ketchup and additional napkins while we are dining at WCC.....I hear the waitstaff does crazy things when the customer gives certain trigger words. Have you experienced this? I'm thinking this sounds like a place that my girls will enjoy.

Me too! It is sad to see a good thing come to an end!! But, I haven't even got there yet! :rotfl:

I was just sitting here thinking while reading all the latest responses and thought we should post pics of our trips. Espcially those showing the crowds. We might see ourselves in someone else's pics!

And I also start feeling sad knowing the end of our trip is near, even though we haven't even left for Orlando yet.

Hey folks!! You don't really ever have to leave WDW. My friend Eddie went to Disney World in 1988 and has never returned!! If you're at Ft. Wilderness, say hi to Eddie at the front desk.

I hope when my DH retires, I can join him... although I'd like to work somewhere there is shopping!! :laughing:

First, I wanted to say how sorry I was to hear about the monorail wreck and the CM that passed away. His poor family; I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

Jmskinner - that is a terrific idea! :thumbsup2 I wish that we had some to see right now! That would be neat seeing pictures of ourselves through someone else's camera.

Oh, and we have only 8 days until we leave!!!!!

Morning everyone! I can't believe it is the Monday before my trip! I am tooo excited, and a little stressed! Rethinking some ADRs and times, thinking about driving vs. busses while we are there.... But it's all good! I read something on someone's post a while back, totally butchering it here, but it was essentially don't mourn because it's over, rejoice because you did it. I am going to try to take on that attitude!

DH's plantar fasciitis started acting up at the end of last week, he'd been pain free for a year, so of course it's time for him to start limping! UGGGGH!!!! I am trying everything I know to get it better, but I told him that if he can't walk I'm leaving him in the rooom!:lmao: He said he'd rent a ECV before he missed out on my trip of a lifetime! He's going to the dr. this afternoon to talk about maybe getting a cortisone shot later in the week...

Been checking out the 10 day forecast on weather.com. 93 degrees anyone? YIKES!

We will definitely keep an eye out for you.

I was told to be sure to ask for ketchup and additional napkins while we are dining at WCC.....I hear the waitstaff does crazy things when the customer gives certain trigger words. Have you experienced this? I'm thinking this sounds like a place that my girls will enjoy.

We've been 3 times and never asked for extra napkins, but ketchup has always been requested. The last time I took my Mom and didn't tell her anything about the restaurant. She kept wanting to get up and look for ketchup, I just told her "Jacob needs to learn to ask for himself!":rotfl2: Just in case you don't know what they do I won't tell you her respoonse, but it was great.

Also, haven't gotten to try it, but ask for the restroom and extra tea also.

Jmskinner - that is a terrific idea! :thumbsup2 I wish that we had some to see right now! That would be neat seeing pictures of ourselves through someone else's camera.

Oh, and we have only 8 days until we leave!!!!!

Thanks, but not an original idea, there is a thread where people have been posting crowd pics with dates so you can look for your yourselves and I just thought since we are all going during the same month we might be more apt to see ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter