*** OFFICIAL January 2013 Thread ***

Just called and booked at our home resort, BLT with a TPV!!

January 5-13, Disneymoon and we are both running in the Disney Marathon!

Going to be an awesome trip! :)

I love the engagement photo! Congrats on your upcoming wedding, and you couldn't have picked a better place for your honeymoon. We were there in '04 for our Disneymoon...it was perfect!

Ah, so that's how your going to play it? Your just going to tease us with "I definitely learned a few more things in prep for next year!" and not tell us what those things were. :lmao: Details woman, details. I don't want to have to get all like Walter from Fringe and make a device to get the info out of your brain.:lmao:

Well, you're just going to have to come on over to my TR once I start it this week and find out all the goodies!! :goodvibes;)

Seriously, once I start my TR, I'll try to share on this page too!

Awesome!! I will update the first page. We are hoping to do a split stay and do 2 nights at BLT.

Congrats on the upcoming disneymoon too!

Glad to see others are already getting excited planning their January trips! January seems to be a big month for birthday trips because we're also going to be celebrating 2 birthdays - oldest son will be 10 (wow, how did that happen?) and youngest son will be 3! We won't be staying on property this time since we're staying with my parents at Reunion. I'm going to miss staying on property but you can't pass up free!

How far away is Reunion? Also, if you haven't provided your dates yet but would like to, let me know and I'll add to the first post.

Free is hard to pass up!! So fun to celebrate two birthdays, too!

How far away is Reunion? Also, if you haven't provided your dates yet but would like to, let me know and I'll add to the first post.

Free is hard to pass up!! So fun to celebrate two birthdays, too!

It takes about 15 minutes to get from their rental in Reunion to the Epcot resort area. Reunion is just past Celebration on I-4.

We'll be staying there Jan 5 - Feb 2.

It takes about 15 minutes to get from their rental in Reunion to the Epcot resort area. Reunion is just past Celebration on I-4.

We'll be staying there Jan 5 - Feb 2.

Oh, so that's so close!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I'll update your info.

I love the engagement photo! Congrats on your upcoming wedding, and you couldn't have picked a better place for your honeymoon. We were there in '04 for our Disneymoon...it was perfect!

Thank you so much! We are getting married in September but we really can't afford anything then because we are paying for the wedding completely on our own. At least this way we are able to relax a little more and spend a little more, LOL.

We cannot wait!:banana:

Awesome!! I will update the first page. We are hoping to do a split stay and do 2 nights at BLT.

Congrats on the upcoming disneymoon too!

Thank you!!
Hope to see you at BLT! :) We wanted to upgrade to the one bedroom but it's just too expensive. :sad2:

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!!
It does sound like it will be an awesome trip.

Glad to see others are already getting excited planning their January trips! January seems to be a big month for birthday trips because we're also going to be celebrating 2 birthdays - oldest son will be 10 (wow, how did that happen?) and youngest son will be 3! We won't be staying on property this time since we're staying with my parents at Reunion. I'm going to miss staying on property but you can't pass up free!
I still can't believe my oldest just turned 14. It just seems like yesterday, I was meeting my DH at the MK, but that was almost 18 years ago.
As much as I love staying on-site, you can't pass up free. As my mom would say, "You can't beat that with a stick".:lmao:

Well, you're just going to have to come on over to my TR once I start it this week and find out all the goodies!! :goodvibes;)

Seriously, once I start my TR, I'll try to share on this page too!

I can't wait to read it!! Now only if you have ever been in early June and could give me tips on that.

Thank you so much! We are getting married in September but we really can't afford anything then because we are paying for the wedding completely on our own. At least this way we are able to relax a little more and spend a little more, LOL.

We cannot wait!:banana:

Thank you!!
Hope to see you at BLT! :) We wanted to upgrade to the one bedroom but it's just too expensive. :sad2:

yeah, that's why we are only do a 1br for 2 nights at BLT -- so many points!!

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!!
It does sound like it will be an awesome trip.

I still can't believe my oldest just turned 14. It just seems like yesterday, I was meeting my DH at the MK, but that was almost 18 years ago.
As much as I love staying on-site, you can't pass up free. As my mom would say, "You can't beat that with a stick".:lmao:

I can't wait to read it!! Now only if you have ever been in early June and could give me tips on that.

I have been to WDW in mid-may and mid-June, but never early June, so don't have much to offer there.

But you might want to check the gay days schedule to see which park they are in on what day so you can avoid the extra crowds.

I have been to WDW in mid-may and mid-June, but never early June, so don't have much to offer there.

But you might want to check the gay days schedule to see which park they are in on what day so you can avoid the extra crowds.

I had checked the calendar on allears to see if we were going to be there for any of the Star Wars stuff. The last day of Gay Days should be our first day in the parks, and I think we are planning on going to AK the first day. I can't remember right now though. I decided yesterday to look and see if the dealership we bought our minivan from had anything we could trade it in for and they have one I love. My ex-mechanic fil doesn't like it b/c it's a Chrysler (Town & Country) and they don't like that make. Then again, they said they didn't like Dodge and we ended up with a Dodge Grand Caravan. It's not, new, but it's a 2008. What I am so in love with, is that it has two screen for the DVD system. I don't know if it's a 6-disk DVD like our, but I like the idea of the two screens.

Yeah, when we bought our SUV, my DH really wanted a sunroof so we couldn't get DVD player. At that time we were trying to get pregnant so having a DVD player seemed far off.

now, if/when we get a new vehicle, it will have one ... or two, like you said!

Yeah, when we bought our SUV, my DH really wanted a sunroof so we couldn't get DVD player. At that time we were trying to get pregnant so having a DVD player seemed far off.

now, if/when we get a new vehicle, it will have one ... or two, like you said!

I don't know if you've looked at them, but you can have a sunroof and a DVD player. At least our minivan does. The Chrysler we're looking at doesn't have a sunroof, though. It's ok, I usually only have it open when I am picking up my nephew, so it's no a huge loss. If you don't want a minivan, there are always the screens that go in the headrest of the front seats.

I don't know if you've looked at them, but you can have a sunroof and a DVD player. At least our minivan does. The Chrysler we're looking at doesn't have a sunroof, though. It's ok, I usually only have it open when I am picking up my nephew, so it's no a huge loss. If you don't want a minivan, there are always the screens that go in the headrest of the front seats.

thanks for the info...not sure if you can have both with SUV and DVD player.

I am definitely not a mini-van person!:rotfl2:

Hopefully we don't have to purchase a new vehicle for a while. it's really nice not having a car payment!

We use the sunroof just for light...hardly ever opened it either...but I love getting the extra light inside...feels more open.

thanks for the info...not sure if you can have both with SUV and DVD player.

I am definitely not a mini-van person!:rotfl2:

Hopefully we don't have to purchase a new vehicle for a while. it's really nice not having a car payment!

We use the sunroof just for light...hardly ever opened it either...but I love getting the extra light inside...feels more open.

I was the same way. When we went to this dealership, my DH asked me if I saw anything I liked. I said, "well I see something I don't. I am not a minivan person and I will not have that blue thing." Well b/c of credit issues it was either the minivan or a Trailblazer, and the Trailblazer just didn't have the room. I'm sure we could have gotten a car, but that was not an option for us. My favorite thing about the minivan is that I can open all 3 of the back doors with the remote. If my hands are full of grocergy bags (or other shopping), I just have to double click the button and I can put the bags in the back seats. Also, it's really nice for when it's freezing (or raining). As we are walking to the car, I can click the back two doors open and the boys can run and jump in the mv and have their doors shut again before I am in the van. I would still rather have a SUV, but those remote doors have me spoiled.:lmao:

I was the same way. When we went to this dealership, my DH asked me if I saw anything I liked. I said, "well I see something I don't. I am not a minivan person and I will not have that blue thing." Well b/c of credit issues it was either the minivan or a Trailblazer, and the Trailblazer just didn't have the room. I'm sure we could have gotten a car, but that was not an option for us. My favorite thing about the minivan is that I can open all 3 of the back doors with the remote. If my hands are full of grocergy bags (or other shopping), I just have to double click the button and I can put the bags in the back seats. Also, it's really nice for when it's freezing (or raining). As we are walking to the car, I can click the back two doors open and the boys can run and jump in the mv and have their doors shut again before I am in the van. I would still rather have a SUV, but those remote doors have me spoiled.:lmao:

Yeah, the doors thing does sound really good. Just still cant do it. My parents have one. My sister has one. I've always been the "black sheep" of my family --but in a good way :lmao: so there is just something psychological about it for me...being too much like my parents and "goodie" sister.

hey, you just saved me one session at a therapist!:goodvibes:rotfl::rotfl2:

We have a Toyota Sequoia, and I admit I like the bigness of it and how it sits up. I also like being able to see the hood/grill in front of me. Whenever I do drive my parents/sister's minivan I swear the front just seems to go on and on forever! I could run over a curb and never know it!

So I just made ressies for a Mommy and Me WDW trip in late July. Well, I made our Autotrain ressies. Will either book POR or Pop in the next few weeks. Hoping to get a pin or AP discount.

Yeah, the doors thing does sound really good. Just still cant do it. My parents have one. My sister has one. I've always been the "black sheep" of my family --but in a good way :lmao: so there is just something psychological about it for me...being too much like my parents and "goodie" sister.

hey, you just saved me one session at a therapist!:goodvibes:rotfl::rotfl2:

We have a Toyota Sequoia, and I admit I like the bigness of it and how it sits up. I also like being able to see the hood/grill in front of me. Whenever I do drive my parents/sister's minivan I swear the front just seems to go on and on forever! I could run over a curb and never know it!

So I just made ressies for a Mommy and Me WDW trip in late July. Well, I made our Autotrain ressies. Will either book POR or Pop in the next few weeks. Hoping to get a pin or AP discount.

Glad I could help.:lmao: Well we got the minivan this weekend, and I totally love it. It has 2 screens for the DVD player, and the radio is a touch screen with Sirius sat. and a back-up rear view camera. I haven't told my mom about it yet, but I think she will figure it out when I pull up to her house in it tomorrow.:lmao: I have found several channel on Sirius that I love. I found an Elvis and an 80's channel. Now I just wish I could find a channel that plays nothing but music from Disney movies.

WOO HOO for a Mommy and Me trip!!! I accidently said in front of our DSs that we were going in June, but I think they have forgotten about it b/c of the excitement of the new car. We were sitting down talking to the guy about payments, and we were looking over the extended warranty. He wanted to know how many miles we drove or if we were going to go on any driving vacations this year. I was like, "well I don't drive very much day to day, but we are driving to WDw this summer." Luckily though, they haven't asked about it yet. We talked to them last night about going to Florida to visit Kennedy Space Center and they didn't ask about going to WDW while we were there.

Also, my DH almost made me pass out last night. He was talking about loosing the DlxDDP and I was like, "oh h-e-double-hockey-sticks no!! I have already made our ADRs and they are too pretty to mess with." He said that he wanted me to go over every ADR menu with him to make sure he wanted to eat there. Well, there were 2 that he wanted me to change. He didn't want to do Teppan Edo, so we changed it to Restaurant Marrakesh b/c he wants to see the belly dancers. Then he had me change the lunch on our last day there at T-Rex to a late breakfast at Chef Mickey's b/c "a Disney World trip isn't really a Disney World trip without lunch at Biergarten and breakfast at Chef Mickey's".

Thanks!! I am very excited about this special trip!!

Glad I could help.:lmao: Well we got the minivan this weekend, and I totally love it. It has 2 screens for the DVD player, and the radio is a touch screen with Sirius sat. and a back-up rear view camera. I haven't told my mom about it yet, but I think she will figure it out when I pull up to her house in it tomorrow.:lmao: I have found several channel on Sirius that I love. I found an Elvis and an 80's channel. Now I just wish I could find a channel that plays nothing but music from Disney movies.

WOO HOO for a Mommy and Me trip!!! I accidently said in front of our DSs that we were going in June, but I think they have forgotten about it b/c of the excitement of the new car. We were sitting down talking to the guy about payments, and we were looking over the extended warranty. He wanted to know how many miles we drove or if we were going to go on any driving vacations this year. I was like, "well I don't drive very much day to day, but we are driving to WDw this summer." Luckily though, they haven't asked about it yet. We talked to them last night about going to Florida to visit Kennedy Space Center and they didn't ask about going to WDW while we were there.

Also, my DH almost made me pass out last night. He was talking about loosing the DlxDDP and I was like, "oh h-e-double-hockey-sticks no!! I have already made our ADRs and they are too pretty to mess with." He said that he wanted me to go over every ADR menu with him to make sure he wanted to eat there. Well, there were 2 that he wanted me to change. He didn't want to do Teppan Edo, so we changed it to Restaurant Marrakesh b/c he wants to see the belly dancers. Then he had me change the lunch on our last day there at T-Rex to a late breakfast at Chef Mickey's b/c "a Disney World trip isn't really a Disney World trip without lunch at Biergarten and breakfast at Chef Mickey's".

Glad you are loving the mini-van!

We ate a marrakesh a few years ago and loved it! Very neat!

We were there in February this year and we are making plans on going back the week after MLK...long time to wait but every day is a day closer.
We are just waiting to hear about the January specials before booking the resort...looking like POFQ again

We were there in February this year and we are making plans on going back the week after MLK...long time to wait but every day is a day closer.
We are just waiting to hear about the January specials before booking the resort...looking like POFQ again

I'm just waiting for January to open up!!

DH and I talked this weekend and we both want to try the new Art of Animation Resort...just need to decide which theme. Then we will hope for an AP discount. If not, we may just switch to PO Riverside at one of the Royal Rooms, if available, esp if they have an AP discount.

We went the full week after MLK this year and it was perfect!! I can only hope to have such great weather and crowds again!

I'm just waiting for January to open up!!

Me too!! I just hope they don't open up while we are at WDW in June. Maybe we'll get lucky while we're there and get a bounce back for a good deal in January.

Me too!! I just hope they don't open up while we are at WDW in June. Maybe we'll get lucky while we're there and get a bounce back for a good deal in January.

Ooh, that's a great idea!! I didn't even think of that. I am taking my DD6 in July for a quick trip...maybe I'll be able to apply the bounceback to our January trip!!

Since we always stay points, we never get the bounceback offers and I totally forgot about them! Thanks!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter