***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

Just booked our Jan trip! Can you add me? I'll be at Poly CL Jan 26-30. Can't wait! Thanks :rainbow:
Glad you found this thread! I am going to post a note on the thread I started to send people here.
We will be overlapping with your stay, and plan to do our farewell breakfast at 'Ohana on the 28th.

Does anyone know a good way to find out when the January Discounts get released?

I know that the past few years it has been at the end of September so i will be checking then, but what if they surprise us and do it tomorrow? How do they usually let the public know when they are realeased?

Does anyone know a good way to find out when the January Discounts get released?

I know that the past few years it has been at the end of September so i will be checking then, but what if they surprise us and do it tomorrow? How do they usually let the public know when they are realeased?

I usually stalk these boards, especially ones like this who are going around the same time. We go the same time every year and they have always been released beginning of October unless you get an Agency exclusive offer, which is what we just got. If you don't already, get a Disney Visa card because you can typically get a discount sooner than the general public. We've only gotten free dining once and the rest have been room discounts (works better for us anyway). Good luck!

I just got back last night from an awesome week long trip!
I won't be able to take vacations during the summer or school breaks anymore because of my job.
DH says I should do a solo trip and I'm thinking about January. What would be the better weeks?

Jumping on this thread - I've got a campsite booked at the Fort January 12-16, this will be our first visit in January, and also one of our fur babies first trip to Disney. He is a barker (that's why he was left with family the last time we camped) so I'm thinking this may be a no park trip, or maybe just one day at AK. Hoping for decent weather!

I usually stalk these boards, especially ones like this who are going around the same time. We go the same time every year and they have always been released beginning of October unless you get an Agency exclusive offer, which is what we just got. If you don't already, get a Disney Visa card because you can typically get a discount sooner than the general public. We've only gotten free dining once and the rest have been room discounts (works better for us anyway). Good luck!

I saw in your signature that you take your vacations in January. We are doing that now, but I've been wondering what to do once my son starts elementary school. If you have school age kids, how do you manage that?

As for the Discounts, are they usually for specific resorts, or for January in general?

Hey Everyone! We are looking to go back to DW in January. Right now we're thinking January 17-24 at AS Movies. I haven't booked anything yet but I'm close to pulling the trigger. We are already planning to gin nov 2018 but I just can't wait that long! The addiction is real people!!

Yay once you have it all sorted I'll add you to the roll call

Depending on what you want to do I think 5 days would be fine - just do a list of your must dos plan it out and see if you can fit it all in.[/QUOTE

Booked January 29th - February 3rd @ Caribbean Beach. Got all my ADRS!!!

Hi all! I'm excitedly planning a quick trip to WDW from January 24-27, staying at the Grand Floridian, Sugar Loaf. It's going to be me, my sister, my 6 year old daughter (who doesn't know about the trip!), and my mom for a girls' trip! I'm also going in November with my daughter, husband and son, and so far the January trip has been SO much easier to plan- ADRs in November were a nightmare! Happy planning everyone! :)

Does Disney not send out the little welcome booklets anymore? When we went two years ago I got a little book with a magnet of my important dates. I haven't gotten any Mickey Mail this time.

Hi all! I'm excitedly planning a quick trip to WDW from January 24-27, staying at the Grand Floridian, Sugar Loaf. It's going to be me, my sister, my 6 year old daughter (who doesn't know about the trip!), and my mom for a girls' trip! I'm also going in November with my daughter, husband and son, and so far the January trip has been SO much easier to plan- ADRs in November were a nightmare! Happy planning everyone! :)

Yay sound like a fab girly trip - and I bet your 6 year old will be so excited when she finds out :goodvibes

I have added your trip to the roll call and so glad you got your ADR sorted.

I got all of mine but one, a BOG booking - I have a dinner and a Lunch, although the dinner isn't for the time I want.

I really want to go on my last night but can't get a dinner reservation boo!

Although it will give me the fun of looking until I get one - I know you can use those search services but I do like the fun of checking myself (yes that is my idea of fun and I know that makes me sad lol :rotfl:)

Jumping on As this thread - I've got a campsite booked at the Fort January 12-16, this will be our first visit in January, and also one of our fur babies first trip to Disney. He is a barker (that's why he was left with family the last time we camped) so I'm thinking this may be a no park trip, or maybe just one day at AK. Hoping for decent weather!

Yay so glad you got your trip booked and I hope you and your fur babies have fun - Fingers crossed for the weather I hope it's nice too looking forward to a bit of Winter sun.

I have added your trip to the roll call.

Also @DISfirstTimer I've added your trip too yay :thumbsup2

Hey Everyone! We are looking to go back to DW in January. Right now we're thinking January 17-24 at AS Movies. I haven't booked anything yet but I'm close to pulling the trigger. We are already planning to gin nov 2018 but I just can't wait that long! The addiction is real people!!

Just let me know when you're all booked up and I'll add you to the roll call.

Wow two trip in one year know you'll have a great time :thumbsup2

I have the ADRs for our quick trip. Couldn't believe how easy it was. We've never been in January and all the insane crowd talk on MLK weekend had me worried! I got all these on a whim and so easily.

1/11--arrive 9pm at MCO
1/12--Epcot --GG 8:10am
1/13-- HS --(hoping for the Star Wars dessert party if they ever release it)
1/14-- MK --BOG lunch --2pm (I think this will be a dessert "lunch" :D )
1/15-- Ohana 7:50am --MK for a few hours --ME to MCO

All new dining experiences for us. I love planning 2 trips at once!

We just booked Pop for 1/6 to 13th to see our children run in Half marathon. Looking forward to visiting the parks!

We just booked Pop for 1/6 to 13th to see our children run in Half marathon. Looking forward to visiting the parks!

Yay on your trip I have added it to the roll call :)

Also best of Luck to your Children, I ran the Wine and Dine Half last November. Half Marathons are hard work but super fun and having a cheering section:cheer2: really helps :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter