Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

what you mean? is there a dress code?? I was planning to just head directly to the restaurant. I would be wearing shorts, Tshirt (with/without hoodie pending weather) and sneakers
It is a Signature restaurant. The new verbiage for signature restaurants is: “This restaurant is a Disney Signature Dining experience offering fine dining with a distinctly magical flair. Guests are expected to dress accordingly in attire that respects the restaurant's sophisticated and upscale aesthetic. Clothing should be clean, neat and in good condition. Please no swimwear.”
Anecdotally, I was there just a few nights ago. I wore a polo and slacks and felt just fine; many others were wearing dress shirts.

what you mean? is there a dress code?? I was planning to just head directly to the restaurant. I would be wearing shorts, Tshirt (with/without hoodie pending weather) and sneakers
There will be guests in park attire like you and guests wearing somewhat dressier attire as described above. The previous guidelines for Signature restaurants basically excluded only swim attire and jeans with holes in them; the new guidelines are a lot more vague except for the prohibition against swimwear.

Going to WDW in February 2023, staying at Boardwalk Villa.

On the day of Animal Kingdom (Early entry is 830AM), what time should I go to the bus stop?

Also, AK closes 7pm. when I leave the park, how long it would take for me to board a bus to BWV? how long does the ride take? Trying to see if my ADR at Flying fish at 820pm would work! thanks

It is a signature restaurant. There will be folks in park attire but after a long day at the parks I would feel out of place in shorts and a t-shirt worn all day, but that is me. There will be a variety of people dressed from nicely to park attire.

Another question

I am planning to switch the flying fish ADR to story book dining at WL.

I plan to leave animal kingdom around 7pm (park closure). Questions:
1. How to get from Animal Kingdom to Artist point? How long does it take? If I leave AK 7pm what time should I book the ADR?
2. How do I go from Wilderness Lodge to boardwalk villa( where I am staying)

Ps: I will take a double stroller, so Uber is not ideal
Thanks.

Another question

1. How to get from Animal Kingdom to Artist point? How long does it take? If I leave AK 7pm what time should I book the ADR?

Thanks.
Take the bus to Wilderness Lodge. Probably a 15-20-minute drive.
To get from Wilderness Lodge to Boardwalk, a Minnie Van is your absolute best bet. Otherwise, bus or boat to MK and then bus to Boardwalk.

Another question

Thanks.
Probably about a 20-minute bus ride from AK to Wilderness Lodge; that’s how you should get there.
A Minnie Van would be the most direct option for getting back to Boardwalk from Wilderness Lodge. Otherwise you’ll have to take the bus or boat to MK, and then the bus to Boardwalk.

Probably about a 20-minute bus ride from AK to Wilderness Lodge; that’s how you should get there.
A Minnie Van would be the most direct option for getting back to Boardwalk from Wilderness Lodge. Otherwise you’ll have to take the bus or boat to MK, and then the bus to Boardwalk.
Thanks for the input

We're staying at yacht club this February. Looking at flights, it makes sense for us to come a day early and stay an extra night. I'm considering a Disney Springs hotel for our day-early, but I'm unsure if it would be appropriate to take the Disney Springs/yacht club bus with all of our luggage in tow. Is this commonly done? If not, what would the best alternative be from Disney Springs hotel over to YC?

We're staying at yacht club this February. Looking at flights, it makes sense for us to come a day early and stay an extra night. I'm considering a Disney Springs hotel for our day-early, but I'm unsure if it would be appropriate to take the Disney Springs/yacht club bus with all of our luggage in tow. Is this commonly done? If not, what would the best alternative be from Disney Springs hotel over to YC?

Disney does not permit luggage on their transportation. Your best option is a private transfer - taxi, Uber or Lyft.

from Wilderness Lodge to Riviera : would the best option be the bus to DHS and then Skyliner to Riviera? I assume the bus to Epcot would not take me close to International gateway and I don’t want to enter the park.

from Wilderness Lodge to Riviera : would the best option be the bus to DHS and then Skyliner to Riviera? I assume the bus to Epcot would not take me close to International gateway and I don’t want to enter the park.
If it were me I would do your first suggestion and take the bus to DHS then Skyliner to Riviera. The Skyliner via DHS is a game changer for getting to various resorts!

Taking a bus to Epcot die not work as the bus drops you at the front of the park and the only way to get to the Skyliner is through the park which you amid nit want to do.

I would probably do the boat to MK and bus to Riviera, but the bus to Studios and Skyliner combo also works.

If it were me I would do your first suggestion and take the bus to DHS then Skyliner to Riviera. The Skyliner via DHS is a game changer for getting to various resorts!

Taking a bus to Epcot die not work as the bus drops you at the front of the park and the only way to get to the Skyliner is through the park which you amid nit want to do.
Thanks so much. From your comment, it sounds like taking Skyliner from DHS to Riviera be more time efficient than taking the bus?

When returning from Riviera to Wilderness Lodge: My ADR at Riviera is at 7 pm, so it would be cutting it close to be able to catch last buses from theme parks to get back to Wilderness Lodge. I understand r buses leaving theme parks stop operating 60 min after park closing (for my trip in Nov looks to be 9 pm, so 10 pm would be when buses stop operating at the parks).

Which of these options would be most time efficient and/or less likely to have delays or issues?
1. Take Skyliner from Riviera to DHS (I'm guessing 15 min?), then bus o Wilderness lodge.
2. Take bus from Riviera to DHS then bus to Wilderness lodge
3. Take bus from Riviera to MK, then water taxi to Wilderness lodge. I understand they stop running 60-90 min after park closing.

Thanks so much. From your comment, it sounds like taking Skyliner from DHS to Riviera be more time efficient than taking the bus?

When returning from Riviera to Wilderness Lodge: My ADR at Riviera is at 7 pm, so it would be cutting it close to be able to catch last buses from theme parks to get back to Wilderness Lodge. I understand r buses leaving theme parks stop operating 60 min after park closing (for my trip in Nov looks to be 9 pm, so 10 pm would be when buses stop operating at the parks).

Which of these options would be most time efficient and/or less likely to have delays or issues?
1. Take Skyliner from Riviera to DHS (I'm guessing 15 min?), then bus o Wilderness lodge.
2. Take bus from Riviera to DHS then bus to Wilderness lodge
3. Take bus from Riviera to MK, then water taxi to Wilderness lodge. I understand they stop running 60-90 min after park closing.

I just played around with the transportation options on MDE, Going to Riviera:
1. Bus/Skyliner 56 mins
2. Water transportation/bus 77 mins
3. Bus only via Disney Springs 81 mins

Return I would do reverse. Buses run for at least 90 mins after park close and basically run until everyone is gone.

Skyliner will likely have a closing time of 10:30 but we were on them later than that last week.

With a 7PM ADR you will be completely fine as they will have someone booked for your table after you so will likely be anticipating you finish your meal around 8:30ish.

Trying to figure out our non-park day. We are staying Off Property so need a place to park car for the day. Could move the car if needed, but I'm thinking I might not have to. Any flaws in my plan or suggestions to improve?

Park at Disney Springs mid-morning
Take the boat to Port Orleans French Quarter to walk around and have beignets and coffee
Return to Disney Springs via boat
Lunch and shopping for a few hours at Disney Springs

We have a 5:20 ADR at Sanaa but I've always wanted to see Jambo House so I was thinking we...

Bus from Disney Springs to Animal Kingdom Lodge and stop at Jambo House
Walk around Jambo House then take the walking path to Kidani Village for our reservation

We were then thinking about ending the evening at the Poly to see the fireworks from either an outside table or the beach so we would.....

Bus from Kidani Village to Magic Kingdom (I think this drops off at the main gate, not TTC)
Take Monorail to Polynesian

After drinks and fireworks at the Poly, take bus back to Disney Spring which is where our car has been parked all day.

So flaws in my plan? Any better options?

Trying to figure out our non-park day. We are staying Off Property so need a place to park car for the day. Could move the car if needed, but I'm thinking I might not have to. Any flaws in my plan or suggestions to improve?

Park at Disney Springs mid-morning
Take the boat to Port Orleans French Quarter to walk around and have beignets and coffee
Return to Disney Springs via boat
Lunch and shopping for a few hours at Disney Springs

We have a 5:20 ADR at Sanaa but I've always wanted to see Jambo House so I was thinking we...

Bus from Disney Springs to Animal Kingdom Lodge and stop at Jambo House
Walk around Jambo House then take the walking path to Kidani Village for our reservation

We were then thinking about ending the evening at the Poly to see the fireworks from either an outside table or the beach so we would.....

Bus from Kidani Village to Magic Kingdom (I think this drops off at the main gate, not TTC)
Take Monorail to Polynesian

After drinks and fireworks at the Poly, take bus back to Disney Spring which is where our car has been parked all day.

So flaws in my plan? Any better options?
Only challenge I see is keep an eye on what time DS closes. There is a good chance DS will be closed shortly after the MK closes which means you won't be able to take a bus to DS.

Only challenge I see is keep an eye on what time DS closes. There is a good chance DS will be closed shortly after the MK closes which means you won't be able to take a bus to DS.

Good to know.

Right now DS says open to 11pm and the fireworks time says 8pm. I actually might have more trouble getting from Sanaa to the Poly in time for the fireworks, now that I'm looking at the details.

Regarding buses... I guess most passengers will be going from Disney Springs to the hotel but we will be going in the opposite direction from the hotel to Disney Springs. I assume buses run both ways, is that not correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter