OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time posting a picture , crossing my fingers I do it correctly ! This is a b-day cake I surprised DH with at CG the end of January. Tuns out better than I thought because I opted for buttercream on my order to save money and it came with fondant !
D1682E04-F535-43EB-B7BC-904B8A5CC5FA.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hello! We are going to WDW in mid May and I want to order cake. My only question (for now) is how early should I place the order? Is two months out too early? Thanks so much!

I usually wait til 2-4 weeks out, but if you do place the order early, just be sure to check back in a few weeks out and then again a few days out.

I'm thinking about ordering the Mickey delight cake for our 25th anniversary dinner at Be Our Guest. I'd like to have it white and silver. Do they automatically write a message on the plate or do you ask? Does the Mickey head topper only come in black? Also, who do I call to order the cake and how far in advance? This thread has been very helpful, thank you.

If the message is important to you, definitely specify that you want one. The Mickey ears topper can be made in other colors. Ordering info is in Post #2 of this thread.

First time posting a picture , crossing my fingers I do it correctly !

Great cake! :thumbsup2

Lurkyloo, I'll be happy to post pics of both cakes. So I talked with Yvonne @ Art of Animation, she says they do not have a 3d Stitch as an option, so they will be using a 2d print on the white chocolate, but still the tropical flowers around him. Price quoted was $67.50 (+tax) for the 6" cake, delivered to the room. Got a couple questions, though, does that include the tip or do we tip on arrival? Also, and kinda related, do we need to be in the room for delivery or can it be delivered when we are at the parks? Anyone know? The last time we ordered a cake, it was delivered at the restaurant for when we were dining, so never done to the room before. And it seems like last time they just added the charges to the restaurant, but now they wanted a credit/debit card, are they going to charge now or when delivered? I am using a Disney gift card for the cake, but trying to prepare for when to expect the funds to be pulled off, and how much exactly, since the balance I will end up letting my birthday girl spend, I'm sure. I gave them the card info this morning @ 8:30am, but the balance still shows as $100 when I check the card, so I wondered.

Got a couple questions, though, does that include the tip or do we tip on arrival? Also, and kinda related, do we need to be in the room for delivery or can it be delivered when we are at the parks?

You do not need to be in the room when it arrives. At resorts that have have Private Dining, they automatically add a service charge whne they deliver something, but at AOA I don't think I paid one, unless Yacht Club rolled it into the price they quoted me for the cake.

but now they wanted a credit/debit card, are they going to charge now or when delivered? I am using a Disney gift card for the cake, but trying to prepare for when to expect the funds to be pulled off, and how much exactly, since the balance I will end up letting my birthday girl spend, I'm sure. I gave them the card info this morning @ 8:30am, but the balance still shows as $100 when I check the card, so I wondered.

They don't charge you until they actually deliver the cake.

How fancy do you want it? Publix cakes taste pretty good.

I like Publix cakes too! If you want something fancy, It's Tasty Too is popular with people on this board, and they deliver all over Disney.

Would definitely like something with princesses on it. Maybe I can check out the Publix website and see what they have.
And also check Tasty Too.

Thank you for your suggestions! :flower3:

So while I want a fancy cake, I'm traveling with a 7 year old for his birthday. One who doesn't like chocolate and who should keep the artificial food dyes to a minimum.

Can you get the simple white cake, white frosting cake delivered to your room at All-Star Sports or is the only option to buy it in the food court?

I think it would blow his mind to have the cake show up in the room.

Thanks!

Gah. Is this confirmed by Disney, or just the blogs posting? This upsets me greatly. UGH.

From what I've read, they'll still deliver the same pastries they currently deliver to restaurants & hotels. They'll just no longer have a storefront. I haven't read, when/if they plan to open another store.

From what I've read, they'll still deliver the same pastries they currently deliver to restaurants & hotels. They'll just no longer have a storefront. I haven't read, when/if they plan to open another store.

Ugh, that's still a huge bummer. I passed over the storefront this February because I figured I wasn't missing too much, now I regret it so! At least I'll be able to see the one in NYC and stock up on goodies in April, but I'm worried about the one in Orlando not being able to make custom cakes if they'll be closed.

…time will tell, I guess?

I believe you are mistaken. BabyCakesNYC isn't closing, but the adjoining restaurant is.

Gah. Is this confirmed by Disney, or just the blogs posting? This upsets me greatly. UGH.

The closure of both Babycakes and Pollo Campero is being reported on a wide variety of Disney sites. It was a space shared jointly by both businesses and both are casualties of the Disney Springs development. The Disney Food Blog is also reporting it and they're a pretty reputable source. Many folks are wondering if they'll make their way back into the Disney Springs landscape, but at this point the only word is they're closing on March 19th.

Ordered a custom cake for my mom's birthday yesterday. I called the cake number for Port Orleans Monday afternoon and left a message, got a call back yesterday. I asked for a custom Ursula cake, yellow or vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream frosting and chocolate mousse filling. I was quoted $50 - she called me back a little later after talking to the bakery (Boardwalk, I'm assuming) and said they could do Ursula fo $50 or they could do Ursula with an Under the Sea theme for $85. Since we don't do this very often, I decided to splurge so we are going with the $85 cake. I'm excited to see what they will do. I have no idea what size cake I ordered - I told them 4 adults and 2 children so I'm thinking I'm getting a 6'"? I'll post pictures when we return. We are picking the cake up at the POFQ food court on Sunday. Question (that I know has been answered before) - is there any way to get this delivered to the room? I'd even be willing to grab it from the food court and take it to bell services if they'd then deliver it to the room. I just think that adds to the surprise, opposed to me just picking it up and bringing it back to the room myself. Any thoughts?

Here is the Mini Cake that we got at the Contemporary. I provided them with a photo of a similar cake, I just changed the colour to white base and red Mickey Heads. We had a vanilla cake inside with chocolate mousse inside. It was absolutely wonderful. The mousse was very rich so I'm glad I chose vanilla cake and not chocolate. The cake cost me $35 and was delivered to Chef Mickey at dinner.

13121445995_9ea55cc87d_o.jpg

Question (that I know has been answered before) - is there any way to get this delivered to the room? I'd even be willing to grab it from the food court and take it to bell services if they'd then deliver it to the room. I just think that adds to the surprise, opposed to me just picking it up and bringing it back to the room myself. Any thoughts?

I'd call back the person you placed the order with and ask. Non-Deluxe resorts don't have Private Dining to run food out to guests rooms, but Art of Animation seems to have some way of getting Yacht Club cakes delivered to guest rooms, so maybe POR does too!

The closure of both Babycakes and Pollo Campero is being reported on a wide variety of Disney sites. It was a space shared jointly by both businesses and both are casualties of the Disney Springs development. The Disney Food Blog is also reporting it and they're a pretty reputable source. Many folks are wondering if they'll make their way back into the Disney Springs landscape, but at this point the only word is they're closing on March 19th.

Are you sure it isn't just temporary closure during construction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter