• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I am very late in posting these pictures of 2 cakes I ordered several years ago. The first was a haunted mansion cake with portraits from the stretching room and the cake wrapped in haunted mansion wall paper delivered to California Grill. Cost was $110. I don't remember flavors now but the cake tasted amazing. Second cake was ordered from the yacht club steakhouse- also delicious. Cost was $85. Both were the smallest size available but served 6-8. Working with Chef Brian on the Haunted Mansion cake was great. The second cake I just asked for something with villains on it and was impressed with what they did.

Attachments

• IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_0301.JPG
    IMG_0301.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 488
A little overwhelming with all the flavors ! :eek: Any suggestions? Was thinking yellow cake with the white chocolate mousse with strawberries. Any favorites???

Hi! This is my first time posting, but have gotten a ton of information from these threads. I'm struggling with ordering a cake for my goddaughter's birthday in a couple weeks. We are going to be at Tusker House for dinner. I saw that TH is served by the HA bakery. What types of cakes would I be able to get there? Has anyone been able to get a mini cake or a fondant cake there?

So, in the past, when you called for Tusker House, the cake was made by Hollywood Studios, which can't do anything more than a basic buttercream, supermarket-style cake. However, someone recently posted here that they were able to get a pretty fancy-looking buttercream cake at Tiffins in Animal Kingdom. Not sure if it was made by Hollywood Studios, if Animal Kingdom is doing their own cakes now, or if it was actually made by Animal Kingdom Lodge, but here's the post: https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-disney-cake-chatter-part-v.3558085/page-15#post-57256096

It's worth calling to ask! :thumbsup2

POR doesn't have a Private Dining team, so there's not really anyone to deliver the cake to your room. You should be able to pick it up at the food court or the table-service restaurant.

Many of us have been able to get BoardWalk Bakery to make us red velvet mini cakes, but usually it was through working with BWB directly. Unfortunately, when you are at another resort serviced by BWB, you have to go through that resort's food and beverage team to place your order and can't place the order with BWB directly. I would call POR back and see if you can get a different person OR speak to the same person and see if you can persuade her to either email BoardWalk Bakery's pastry chef directly with your request or give you that person's email address. Sometimes it helps if you say you've ordered a cake like this before from BWB.

can you have this ordered even if you are not staying here? We will be walking the boardwalk my birthday.

We just got back from a trip that included an actual birthday (DD turned 7) and a celebrated birthday (other DD will be 9) and I decided to do these small desserts rather than big cakes. For anyone wondering, they were both much better than expected! My youngest chose CP for her birthday dinner and I was a little worried about this honey cake. It was yummy and I'm a major cake (taste) snob. My oldest wanted BOG and she loved her special plate. I hope this helps!

No problem! See below :)

Both "happy birthday" signs were chocolate, as was the surrounding piece on the honey cake. Yum! Also, we got cards with both desserts signed by Pooh & friends at CP and signed by Belle at BOG. Major hits!

View attachment 236208 View attachment 236209

OMG I love this. Can you tell me how much these were in the range of? Did the sign cost more and the chocolate on the plate of beast and bell?

I am very late in posting these pictures of 2 cakes I ordered several years ago. The first was a haunted mansion cake with portraits from the stretching room and the cake wrapped in haunted mansion wall paper delivered to California Grill. Cost was $110. I don't remember flavors now but the cake tasted amazing. Second cake was ordered from the yacht club steakhouse- also delicious. Cost was $85. Both were the smallest size available but served 6-8. Working with Chef Brian on the Haunted Mansion cake was great. The second cake I just asked for something with villains on it and was impressed with what they did.
Wow, I love the Villains cake. I would ask for just Maleficent maybe. Why was it 85 did it have extra stuff added?

Does anyone happen to know if the construction at CBR impacted the ability to get cakes delivered to rooms at the resort? Just trying to figure out if room delivery is off the table for our Sept/Oct. trip.

Does anyone happen to know if the construction at CBR impacted the ability to get cakes delivered to rooms at the resort? Just trying to figure out if room delivery is off the table for our Sept/Oct. trip.

They still have room service available so if cakes were delivered by room service I would assume they can still do them. I haven't read any specific reports though.

can you have this ordered even if you are not staying here? We will be walking the boardwalk my birthday.
Yes. you can call the number in Post #2 for BoardWalk Inn to have a cake made for pickup at BoardWalk Bakery.

Can you tell me how much these were in the range of? Did the sign cost more and the chocolate on the plate of beast and bell?

These each cost $15 and include everything you see in the photo. There is a link to complete details under "Magic Kingdom" in Post #2, or you can click here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/magic-kingdom-specialty-desserts/

Read through the first two posts of this thread—they will get you up to speed on cake-ordering at Walt Disney World. :thumbsup2

Wow, I love the Villains cake. I would ask for just Maleficent maybe. Why was it 85 did it have extra stuff added?[/QUOTE]
No extras- that was just the cost for a decorated cake. Ordering this one was simple, I called and said need a villain's cake and they said we have some options. I don't remember discussing any thing more regarding design. Picked flavor and size-that will be $85...my memory may be failing me, this was 3 years ago. If you have any other questions I will stretch my brain and try to remember!

OMG I love this. Can you tell me how much these were in the range of? Did the sign cost more and the chocolate on the plate of beast and bell?

The desserts were $15 (each). I didn't know to ask about the sign but I think they must be included if you indicate the nature of the celebration (birthday, anniversary, etc.) I think it was a good deal for a lovely surprise! Have fun! :)

Was able to talk with Pat yesterday and order for our upcoming trip. Tried to do chocolate cake with cookie and cream filling but she said they only did that for wedding cakes so I went with yellow cake and white chocolate mousse with strawberries, white butter cream frosting, topped with blue fondant. I was quoted $72. As this is a girl's trip, I asked if they could do fireworks and a 2d castle with a sign that said "Best Girl's Trip Ever" (those words are my great niece's favorite words !! ). Praying it all works out and there won't be a snag !! Will post pics when it happens !!!
If you check out the first post of this thread, right under the mega-list of flavors, I've added a new section called "What are the best/most popular flavor combinations?" :thumbsup2

Also can you request frozen(I am a Frozen girl lol) mini cakes or some kind of cake?
We had a frozen mini cake done in September 2015 by the contemporary bakery. It didn't specify "frozen" anywhere, but was frosted in ice blue buttercream with edible white snowflakes. (Sorry this isn't a better picture, we made the mistake of trying to transport it, and it shifted. But it was beautiful.)
IMG_5138.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5138.JPG
    IMG_5138.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 6
I am having a hard time dealing with the CR bakery! I emailed them a month ago asking for a cake for our 10th and they emailed me back and asked me to call. I call but never can get someone, so I left a message. A guy named George called me back but wasn't super helpful, or what I have experienced in the past. He said he had to ask about specific flavors, size and pricing with the chefs? I just asked for a chocolate mousse with vanilla cake and asked for the mini vs 6" with fondant so I thought it was weird he couldn't answer that. He called back but I missed the call. So I left another message last week. Still no call back?

Should I call again? Asked to speak to someone else? Any advice? thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter