Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to order a cake for my DS 4th bday through the Contemporary. They quoted $67 for a gluten free 6" cake with blue iced frosting and a 2D image of Wall-E and Eve. I'm a little concerned that it's going to be just a blue cake with the 2D image stuck on top. I read someone else ordered a Wall-E cake but I can't find pictures of any. I'm not sure exactly what they can do with just regular frosting, but I am asking what else can be added for an extra cost. It would be nice to have stars or something you know what I mean. I love some of the cakes on here for $67 or 89 but I'm afraid mine is going to be very boring. What information do the bakeries usually give on what's included? Perhaps they were going to add embellishments with the frosting... but I'm just not sure what to expect since I've never ordered before.

On the other hand, I ordered my other DS's cake through Erink Mckennas bakery for my other son's 1st bday (they are 2 days apart). And she gave me the option of polka dots around the bottom. I think that will be cute since I know they don't really decorate the cakes. We are going to celebrate my DS's 1st bday in Garden Grill which is what we did for my older DS's 1st bday!

I ordered a Haunted Mansion mini cake for my fifth anniversary at Yachtman's Steakhouse.

I was quoted " They can go a buttercream finished mini cake with 2D images and the Haunted Mansion theme for $60.00"

I then sent them two inspiration images
image.jpg image.jpg
And asked if they could do something similar to the colors in the first image.

They said the colors in the first image were due to the cake being a display cake and they could try to match them. They quoted $70 and said it would be topped with a mini gate. I asked them to drop the gate and do a roses topper and they dropped the quote back to $60.

On our anniversary we both forgot our phones so we ate the bottom layer and took home the top layer and here it is:image.jpg

As a long time reader and drooler of this thread - I thought my 2000th post should go here. Am I right in understanding that if I want a mini cake at POR, I order through Boardwalk Bakery and then pick it up in the Riverside Mill Food Court? It can't be delivered to the room, right?

As a long time reader and drooler of this thread - I thought my 2000th post should go here. Am I right in understanding that if I want a mini cake at POR, I order through Boardwalk Bakery and then pick it up in the Riverside Mill Food Court? It can't be delivered to the room, right?
Me too! I keep saying to the family, we need to order a cake.
2000 post, that it a lot. pixiedust:

I placed my order for a 2-tier mini cake, star wars themed, I was quoted a price of $65 and was told it would be billed to my room. I didn't get a confirmation number or anything, should I have? Should I call them back to confirm a couple days prior? I'm so excited, DH isn't expecting anything at all other than maybe a candle in his dessert at his birthday dinner.

We have a tradition where we eat cupcakes for breakfast on our birthdays, so I am having the cake delivered to the room the day before his birthday so we can have that for breakfast! Can't wait. :)

I ordered a Haunted Mansion mini cake for my fifth anniversary at Yachtman's Steakhouse.

Awesome cake! Quick question for you: did you order through the Yacht & Beach Club Private Dining line or pick this up from Boardwalk Bakery? Looking to place an order for a small (either 2-tier mini cake or single 6" cake) for our upcoming stay at BCV.

Thank you!

I placed my order for a 2-tier mini cake, star wars themed, I was quoted a price of $65 and was told it would be billed to my room. I didn't get a confirmation number or anything, should I have? Should I call them back to confirm a couple days prior? I'm so excited, DH isn't expecting anything at all other than maybe a candle in his dessert at his birthday dinner.

We have a tradition where we eat cupcakes for breakfast on our birthdays, so I am having the cake delivered to the room the day before his birthday so we can have that for breakfast! Can't wait. :)
I didn't get a confirmation number or email for my order either. I plan to call back about 5 days prior to confirm the order. This way they can create a new order if it's gone missing :)

I placed my order for a 2-tier mini cake, star wars themed, I was quoted a price of $65 and was told it would be billed to my room. I didn't get a confirmation number or anything, should I have? Should I call them back to confirm a couple days prior?
I just emailed MK bakery on Monday (after several planning emails with the baker at Contemporary) to order a cake for my kids.
Contemporary's last email had the quote and all of the agreed details, but because it's for CRT I then had to forward that email to MK.
Today I received an email confirming the details of the cake, the price and the confirmation number from MK bakery!

Last edited:
Awesome cake! Quick question for you: did you order through the Yacht & Beach Club Private Dining line or pick this up from Boardwalk Bakery? Looking to place an order for a small (either 2-tier mini cake or single 6" cake) for our upcoming stay at BCV.

Thank you!

I'm not her but I was there when she ordered it and the order was placed through Y&B's private dining. I posted a Beauty and the Beast cake from Flying Fish a few pages back that was an 8" made by Boardwalk Bakery.

I didn't get a confirmation number or email for my order either. I plan to call back about 5 days prior to confirm the order. This way they can create a new order if it's gone missing :)

Good idea, I think I will be doing the same! :)

Thank you!
I ordered through Y&BC private dining.

Can't decide between a mini cake (mickey head topper) or a 6" for DD2's birthday. It will be through the GF bakery, as we are staying there. We did the mini castle cake for DD1's bday through Contemporary and it was great. Does anyone have pics/prices they can share of the 6" cakes? Also, I know mini cakes cannot really be customized w/ flavors and fillings (just typically the choc or vanilla) but can the 6" cakes?

I'm not her but I was there when she ordered it and the order was placed through Y&B's private dining. I posted a Beauty and the Beast cake from Flying Fish a few pages back that was an 8" made by Boardwalk Bakery.

I ordered through Y&BC private dining.

Thank you both for the information!! It's great knowing that there are two bakeries to choose from for our annual trip to BCV. Now, all I have to do is figure out the theme for the cake each year! :cake:

I just want to follow up on my post from yesterday in case it came across like I hadn't already read the FAQ etc. I know that the food court pickup is what typically has happened. I was hoping someone had had luck with getting it delivered to their room at POR. Private Dining means room service is available...or something different?

Has anyone recently ordered and received a cake to be delivered to PoR? I just spoke with Denise there and I did not get any warm and fuzzy feelings from our awkward conversation. Lots of long pauses and the impression I got was that she was not willing to do much to elaborate on the options I may have (maybe bc she is not a cake decorator and just passes the info along...?) She said BW Bakery won't put a 2D image on a 6" cake, it has to be 8" (which means more money:confused:). I ordered from BW Bakery to deliver to PoR 4 years ago and had a frustrating experience in the beginning, similar to this. Eventually I got the cake and it was what I asked for within the limitations given, but nothing special, and it was more expensive than an elaborate cake (with 2D image on 6'' cake :smooth:) I had made at Contemporary 2 years ago... I thought the service and offerings with PoR/BW would have improved since then, but I guess not?? Anyone else have recent experience with PoR/BW that is to the contrary? I don't have reservations at Contemporary or GF, so I'm not sure what to do.
11906123_717092235101308_1024167188_o.jpg
2011 BW Bakery cake, delivered to POFQ ~$90
11895616_717092225101309_584956139_o.jpg
2013 Contemporary cake (Chef Donald), ate for dessert at California Grill ~$60

I'm trying to order a cake for my DS 4th bday through the Contemporary. They quoted $67 for a gluten free 6" cake with blue iced frosting and a 2D image of Wall-E and Eve. I'm a little concerned that it's going to be just a blue cake with the 2D image stuck on top. I read someone else ordered a Wall-E cake but I can't find pictures of any. I'm not sure exactly what they can do with just regular frosting, but I am asking what else can be added for an extra cost. It would be nice to have stars or something you know what I mean. I love some of the cakes on here for $67 or 89 but I'm afraid mine is going to be very boring. What information do the bakeries usually give on what's included? Perhaps they were going to add embellishments with the frosting... but I'm just not sure what to expect since I've never ordered before.

I would write back and ask them to elaborate on what you're getting, designwise, for your $67. I would also tell them you're worried you're just going to get something plain so they know what you're hoping for.

You order it by calling POR and telling them what you want, they order it from BWB, and you pick it up at the food court. If you call BWB directly, they will say that they don't deliver to POR.

No, Disney doesn't provide confirmation numbers for cake orders. That's why I always call back a few days out to confirm everything.

Can't decide between a mini cake (mickey head topper) or a 6" for DD2's birthday. It will be through the GF bakery, as we are staying there. We did the mini castle cake for DD1's bday through Contemporary and it was great. Does anyone have pics/prices they can share of the 6" cakes? Also, I know mini cakes cannot really be customized w/ flavors and fillings (just typically the choc or vanilla) but can the 6" cakes?

I would get a mini cake. A 6-inch fancy, fondant-covered cake can serve at least 10 people, despite what Disney will tell you. This thread is full of photos of 6-inch cakes. They start at around $75 and go up, depending on the decorations you want. GF is really stingy with non-standard flavors, but you do have a better chance of getting them in a 6-inch cake than a mini.

I just want to follow up on my post from yesterday in case it came across like I hadn't already read the FAQ etc. I know that the food court pickup is what typically has happened. I was hoping someone had had luck with getting it delivered to their room at POR. Private Dining means room service is available...or something different?

We haven't had many reports on this thread about getting cakes delivered to Moderates, and I've been watching it for years. Whenever I call to get cake-ordering details at the Moderates, the best they can do is arrange for you to pick up the cake somewhere at the resort because they don't have Private Dining. Yet over at Art of Animation and Pop Century, they will happily deliver cakes to your room even though they don't have a Private Dining department either. :confused3

Has anyone recently ordered and received a cake to be delivered to PoR? I just spoke with Denise there and I did not get any warm and fuzzy feelings from our awkward conversation. Lots of long pauses and the impression I got was that she was not willing to do much to elaborate on the options I may have (maybe bc she is not a cake decorator and just passes the info along...?)

Correct. There is no pastry team at POR and no Private Dining to liaise with the pastry team at BoardWalk Bakery—you just have to talk to someone in POR's Food & Beverage office and have them relay your order to BWB. If it's just too frustrating, you might want to order one directly from BoardWalk Bakery for pickup (they won't deliver to any other resort unless the order is placed through that resort).

I would write back and ask them to elaborate on what you're getting, designwise, for your $67. I would also tell them you're worried you're just going to get something plain so they know what you're hoping for.

Thanks, I emailed back asking if any embellishments could be added with the frosting like stars and they replied they could add dots to mimic stars. They said it would be another $30 for say a fire extinguisher like in one scene. I wish I could just order something similar to one of the designs posted but my son really loves Wall-E so I think we are going to just go with the $67 version and see how it turns out. I really don't want to pay $30 more for a fire extinguisher lol.

I know this is all about cakes, but can someone tell me if it's possible to order cast member name tag cookies.
I've seen images of them, but can't figure out if they're available. Would love to have them as favors for a Disney Wedding.
Any info would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter