Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, has anyone tried contacting the Contemporary by the email address? How long does it take to get a response or do you need to call also?

I contacted Chef Brian via the e-mail from page one late Saturday night, received the first response early Sunday morning, then another one this AM well before I was awake. His reply have been very prompt!

A couple more questions. We Re looking at doing a nightmare before Christmas theme cake for our anniversary. They will no longer allow 3d sculpted characters other than the standard white chocolate ones, correct? I was looking at other option and came up with 2 different ones. I was wondering what the chances were of getting them to do either.

1. Has anyone ever had the Disney Funko Pops used as a cake topper? I am pretty sure they sell them on property?

2. I saw a silhouette of Jack and Sally on the hill that I liked. Will they do something like this without the sculpted Zero?
image.jpg

I contacted Chef Brian via the e-mail from page one late Saturday night, received the first response early Sunday morning, then another one this AM well before I was awake. His reply have been very prompt!

Sorry if I missed this information up thread, but did y'all just email Chef Brian without calling the cake number? I have read that there are other options than just plain vanilla and chocolate, but it seems like all of the 6" cakes on the bakery lists only have those two options. I have seen the 6" cakes in a variety of flavors on these threads and the mini cakes are in themes other than the Mickey & flower themes.

Just ordered the Mickey Mouse cake for our August trip. We are celebrating two birthdays! She quoted the price of the cake as $54 and we must pay $3 delivery fee to have it delivered to our room and 18% gratituity. The server will set the cake up with serving utensils, plates, cake cutter, candles, etc for us. Can't wait!

Hello! I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with ordering a cake at San Angel Inn in Epcot? I'm seeing that it's not serviced through Disney, so I'm debating having a cake ordered there or delivered to our room at Beach Club for my husband's birthday. I can't seem to find any reviews or pics or info for any cakes ordered in Epcot.

San Angel Inn's vendor only does very basic chocolate or vanilla cakes, so if you want fancy decorations, better to go with Beach Club Private Dining.

Sorry if I missed this information up thread, but did y'all just email Chef Brian without calling the cake number? I have read that there are other options than just plain vanilla and chocolate, but it seems like all of the 6" cakes on the bakery lists only have those two options. I have seen the 6" cakes in a variety of flavors on these threads and the mini cakes are in themes other than the Mickey & flower themes.

You can email without calling, but if you don't hear back you may need to call to let them know you emailed.The Contemporary is one of the locations that will let you have flavors other than chocolate or vanilla - see Post #1 for ideas.

San Angel Inn's vendor only does very basic chocolate or vanilla cakes, so if you want fancy decorations, better to go with Beach Club Private Dining.

You can email without calling, but if you don't hear back you may need to call to let them know you emailed.The Contemporary is one of the locations that will let you have flavors other than chocolate or vanilla - see Post #1 for ideas.

Awesome! Thank you :)

I emailed this past Saturday (7/4) and Chef Brian responded by 7:30am Sunday morning. I expected it to take a few days since it was a holiday weekend.

nadira36 said:

I used the email on the 1st page of the thread.

I've just received a quote for a cake, it seems kind of high to me - thoughts? (Last year's 8in buttercream cake with 2D topper was $63+charges, the year before was $75 with fondant - though neither was through the contemporary)

A custom 8” cake iced in fondant with a city scape on the side and a 2D image of the character standing up on the cake would be $144 each. The break down would be as follows:

$40 8inch cake

$6 Fondant Icing

$30 for 2D standing image

$60 for buildings around the side of the cake

$8 for the special gluten free cake

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thoughts? I'm hesitant b/c last years cake tasted horrible, though it looked great. The year before looked very plain and was only okay taste wise. I'd be really upset to pay that much and have to throw it all out again - or pay that much and not have it look that spectacular.

I've just received a quote for a cake, it seems kind of high to me - thoughts? (Last year's 8in buttercream cake with 2D topper was $63+charges, the year before was $75 with fondant - though neither was through the contemporary)

A custom 8” cake iced in fondant with a city scape on the side and a 2D image of the character standing up on the cake would be $144 each. The break down would be as follows:

$40 8inch cake

$6 Fondant Icing

Thoughts? I'm hesitant b/c last years cake tasted horrible, though it looked great. The year before looked very plain and was only okay taste wise. I'd be really upset to pay that much and have to throw it all out again - or pay that much and not have it look that spectacular.

That sounds like a lot just for the city scape on the side!

Hi! Stayin at Yacht Club next week! I want to have a cake delivered and will call the number posted. Will they deliver in the room if we are at the park or does someone have to be there? Also is there a charge for plates and forks? Thanks for any help!

Hi! Stayin at Yacht Club next week! I want to have a cake delivered and will call the number posted. Will they deliver in the room if we are at the park or does someone have to be there? Also is there a charge for plates and forks? Thanks for any help!

Once you're checked in they'll deliver to the empty room. No charge from plates and utensils.

That sounds like a lot just for the city scape on the side!
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It seemed like a pretty easy thing to do. But if that's the price for a non-plain cake now... I just don't want to be disappointed, but I also don't really want $300 worth of cake for a 3 yr old.

$40 8inch cake

$6 Fondant Icing

The cake is not going to taste any different this year. Disney's gluten-free cakes have not changed, and they don't get great reviews, flavorwise...

image.jpg From my sons college graduation weekend in May. Emailed with Chef Donald and called in order. Can't remember exact price, around $175. 10 inch, red velvet cake, cream cheese icing, and hand painted around the cake. Delivered to BLT while we were at his ceremony. He was very surprised and pleased.

Has anyone else had problems getting ahold of the Contemporary bakery? I am playing phone tag with them currently. When I call no one answers, so I left a voicemail, and of course they called in the 5 minutes I was away from my phone lol. I called back and no answer :/

The cake is not going to taste any different this year. Disney's gluten-free cakes have not changed, and they don't get great reviews, flavorwise...
Last years was over baked and white, the chocolate one was fab he year before.

My concern is mostly the cost of $60 for the city scape. It sounds pricey, I can put up with a less than stellar tasting cake or a less than stellar looking, but at that price I think there had better be something stellar. KWIM? But maybe what I'm picturing is different than what he's picturing and his is so much cooler (I hope so, he's the professional!) I think DH and I have talked ourselves into it.
Now my question is: is an 8in the right size, or would a 6in be better? We have 6 adults, 5 children, and 4 infants (2 and 3yrs).

Second guessing myself....

We are doing a wishes cruise from the CR. I have a cake ordered for delivery to the boats, and I had planned on eating while we watched wishes. But I'm thinking that if the weather is iffy that will really be bad... and since there is no actual table on the boats, it will just be sitting on the seats with us which won't make for a very nice presentation. We have an ADR at Chef Mickey's earlier the same night, so perhaps I should just have it delivered there?? Anyone with an opinion?

Last years was over baked and white, the chocolate one was fab he year before.

My concern is mostly the cost of $60 for the city scape. It sounds pricey, I can put up with a less than stellar tasting cake or a less than stellar looking, but at that price I think there had better be something stellar. KWIM? But maybe what I'm picturing is different than what he's picturing and his is so much cooler (I hope so, he's the professional!) I think DH and I have talked ourselves into it.
Now my question is: is an 8in the right size, or would a 6in be better? We have 6 adults, 5 children, and 4 infants (2 and 3yrs).

With a group that size, you might be cutting it kinda close with a 6-inch, though I do think it's possible if you do smaller slices. But with an 8-inch you wouldn't have to worry AND you'd have breakfast the next day! :teeth:

Second guessing myself....

We are doing a wishes cruise from the CR. I have a cake ordered for delivery to the boats, and I had planned on eating while we watched wishes. But I'm thinking that if the weather is iffy that will really be bad... and since there is no actual table on the boats, it will just be sitting on the seats with us which won't make for a very nice presentation. We have an ADR at Chef Mickey's earlier the same night, so perhaps I should just have it delivered there?? Anyone with an opinion?

Yeah, it might be better to do it at Chef Mickey's. You could always take it with you on the cruise, but the cruise itself will be so exciting, you might be too distracted to want to cut and eat the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter