***Official December 2022 Thread***

So this has always been planned as a non-park trip as it's only a couple of days in Orlando during a drive down to Miami. But - luck changed when our tickets were finally recovered from the park disruption during our Storm Nicole trip in mid-November. So yay! We have one park hopper ticket each to use. Our only full day is on 12/27 and now I want to plan full force as a 3 or 4 park "highlights" day. Not sure how much we can really accomplish, but we'll have our car and if anything, it will be an adventure.

Any tips for visiting 4 parks in one day with MK closing the latest? We are offsite and have our car - it's just that MK parking is the biggest pain of them all.

We also can choose to hold on to these tickets - have to see if we really think we will be back before their expiration date next December (I will be back for springtime surprise - but solo).
It’s (AK on 12/27) open now

Mk is available 12/25

DC68030D-F12D-4B74-804C-CCC8578A6710.jpeg

Edit: now showing 12/23-12/27 Mk available

Last edited:
12/15 has all parks available now.

I am stalking MK for Dec 23 (missed the ones this afternoon) and Dec 30 as well as Epcot on Dec 31

MK is now available for Dec 15, 16 and 24. This is crazzzzyyyyy. I have been sitting here hitting refresh for the past 15 mins. Didn’t realize it changed so much and that refresh does actually work.

*edit - all 3 dates gone for Mk a minute later.

So I think this means they are really going to cram us in these parks that week!

I expect it to be more crowded than 2021 NYE. We have never been on NYE so I watched a few videos. Someone warned me that QS will have 2 hour waits so I’m going to avoid that altogether. With allergies we end up having to wait 40+ mins for a chef to show up. We booked lunch and dinner ADRs and dessert party (1st show)

We might watch the countdown from the Poly so we don’t have to deal with crowds exiting MK. I also read that the hub area shuts down to new crowds 1.5 hr before fireworks. Maybe one parent will stay back with our teen for the countdown.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/magic-kingdom-new-years-eve-eve-report/

Just saw this:

Last edited:
When I was at Epcot for Dec 31, 2019, crowd control was great and QS lines were fine. Shocked ourselves waiting maybe 20ish mins each at the bakeries in Norway and France at various points through the night.

This time though, I am planning TS dinner before entering the parks as I don’t plan to enter until after 7pm.

Does anyone have experience with the higher priced parking option? Does it make much of a difference? If we are going to try hopping all day, maybe preferred parking is a better option. Could these spots get all booked up though throughout the day?

Thanks!

Anyone have experience with the Epcot holiday kitchens? They look great but wondering how much time should I budget standing in line?

How do people feel price/value/size of Holiday Kitchens offerings compare to Food and Wine? More or less very similar?

I’m not the biggest fan of Food and Wine. It’s fun, but for the same (or less) money, DH prefers to be seated, relaxed and served at a nice TS place vs standing in multiple lines and trying to eat standing over a garbage can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter