***Official December 2017 thread!

I'm so excited, only 4 days till ADR day for me! I've decided to do ASMu suites from 11/26-12/6, with free dining, then moving over to AoA for a room only res for 12/6-12/9. I'm cancelling the FW cabins res. My kids really wanted to experience AoA, so we tacked on a few extra days staying there for them. We aren't doing MVMCP this year, but that may change, lol. As of now, the ADRs I hope to get are: BOG, CRT, Chef Mickeys, Biergarten, 50's Primetime, Tusker House, Akershus, Ohana, Garden Grill and TRex (for my son), all dinners. We'll also be eating at Universal for 2 days. I can't wait to have my ADRs done, so I can concentrate on touring plans and fast passes. Happy planning to you all, I hope everyone gets everything they want!

TGIF everyone!!!

Question - I want to watch happily ever after from beach at poly Saturday night we are there - plan to eat at Ohana before - what would be ideal reservation time to aim for? I don't mind if we finish eating and go hang on beach for a little before fireworks - I just know Ohana runs late and I don't want to rush dinner - thanks in advance for the advice!

First time going to Disney and we are going the 15th-20th. Am I going to end up regretting this? lol
You've got lots of time to plan and make your reservations and do your research. You'll learn what to expect in terms of crowds and wait times. Then you'll go and have the most. amazing. visit.

NO. You are NOT going to regret it. :mickeyjum

First time going to Disney and we are going the 15th-20th. Am I going to end up regretting this? lol

Go into it knowing it is one of the busiest weeks of the year and you will be okay. When people go in not knowing that, they have a miserable time. Take advantage of planning ahead with ADRs and FP+ as well as taking advantage of rope drop early mornings and it will help. Above all remember that you are in Disney World and that already is better than home!

Go into it knowing it is one of the busiest weeks of the year and you will be okay. When people go in not knowing that, they have a miserable time. Take advantage of planning ahead with ADRs and FP+ as well as taking advantage of rope drop early mornings and it will help. Above all remember that you are in Disney World and that already is better than home!
15th-20th isn't THAT bad. It's busy but nowhere near what the 24th-31st week will be.

We have added a day to the beginning of our trip, instead of arriving on the 30th, we now arrive on the 29th. We did this so we could do a CLP.

15th-20th isn't THAT bad. It's busy but nowhere near what the 24th-31st week will be.

I'm hoping this is the case. I heard the first part of December is usually dead, but this was the earliest we could go based on my GFs law school schedule.

Day 3 - We've done Akershus breakfast and food is okay, you are really paying for the princesses there. If I were decided between those 2 places, we choose Biergarten every time!!! This is our first year in 10 years that we are not doing it and who knows if we won't sneak it in at the last minute due to our obsession! LOL!! Last year we met an awesome couple at our table and we ended up keeping in touch, they will be there at the same time as us this year! LOL!!

Day 4 - AK used to be such a drag to eat at because their food was just MEH...and now it's one of our favorite places to eat!!! We SALIVATE over everything at the Harambe Market for counter service but going Table service we fell in love with Tiffins last year but Yak & Yeti is always a great choice too!

Day 7 - Are you guys doing Ohana Breakfast or Dinner?

Okay I think we've decided to do Akershus and Biergarten both for dinner. We're undecided on Boma or TH for dinner on Day 4, but if we do TH for dinner that day we (might) do Boma for breakfast. Also doing Ohana for dinner. We're for sure added Kona Cafe for breakfast on our departure day. I think I've fallen in love with Tonga Toast and I haven't even eaten it yet!

I'm hoping this is the case. I heard the first part of December is usually dead, but this was the earliest we could go based on my GFs law school schedule.
The way the calendar works this year, many students don't get out of school until the end of that week.

DH and I are staying at AKL CL 12/8-12/17. This trip is our first time at a deluxe resort. We're hoping for a relaxing trip, as it's been a rough year already. I'm trying not to plan too much (hahaha), and I'm leaving plenty of down time. One thing we are really looking forward to is being at WDW for the premiere of SW The Last Jedi. I wish we knew what the premiere schedules would be like before ADR's have to be made. Ah, well... I'll do the best I can based on past info. Can't wait for our trip! This thread is great!

6 weeks?! That's insane. How could anyone plan with just 6 weeks? My family and I are waiting to hear about a Last Jedi premiere party/event, since we will be there during the release. They had something for The Force Awakens but didn't announce anything until October. Ugh!
Hubby and I are waiting for that info also. I hope it comes out earlier than it did for Force Awakens, but I doubt it. I will be (not so) patiently waiting for the announcement! Meanwhile, planning as best I can around that Thursday and Friday!

Hubby and I are waiting for that info also. I hope it comes out earlier than it did for Force Awakens, but I doubt it. I will be (not so) patiently waiting for the announcement! Meanwhile, planning as best I can around that Thursday and Friday!

I feel ya on the planning. We are planning for Thursday to be our "off" day anyway, but will be making a late lunch/early dinner reservation that hopefully won't interfere with the premiere time.

Joining in! We are going Dec 16-23, 2017, staying at Allstar Music with free dining. This will be our first Christmas at WDW and we are so excited. It is me, hubby, DD 7 and DS 9. The ADR's I am planning are 1900 Park Fare breakfast before the MVMCP on the 17th. Garden Grill/candlelight package for breakfast OOP and Akershus dinner. Then my husband and I will celebrate our Anniversary on the 19th and have friends watching the kids that day. We are trying to decide about eating at Tutto Italia for lunch or just eating around the holidays at Epcot or LTT? We will meet the kids for dinner at 1900 Park Fare. On the 20th Be our Guest breakfast and Crystal Palace dinner. For the 21st, Hollywood and Vine Minnie's holiday dine/Fantasmic package. And on the 22nd Tusker House ROL package. We were planning to do a QS meal at Disney Springs the night of arrival or I could change the 19th to DS and eat at 1900 Park Fare dinner on the night of arrival but we will be driving up and I'm not sure of the time of arrival. What does everyone think of my plans? Any suggestions are welcome. I had wanted to do Ohana dinner but the kids didn't like the menu and I don't want the breakfast. Thank you for reading!

Welcome everyone! I am on the road home from our vacation to the Mall of America, Mount Rushmore and the places on the way home! LOL...Now I will be updating this list when I get a chance either today or tomorrow.

Has anyone else been in the 12/9-12/16 time frame? How are the crowds then?

It's not as dead as the first week of December but the crowds are pretty decent, we still do rope drop to do everything and we are still purchasing the express transportation to avoid the bigger crowds later in the day but we booked our cruise on the 15th because we figure that weekend is when it will start getting more and more crowded, when we go back on the 21st and on, we know it will just be insane so we are sticking to the concierge lounge and resort dining with possibly a few rope drop days just to get into the park! LOL

Holy shizzle! I convinced DH to agree to a mini-vacay ahead of his business meeting at the Swan on 1/2/18. Of course that's when our kids go back to school after winter break, so we've insanely settled on 12/29-1/1. The less crazy part is we have 3 FREE nights at Fairfield Marriott Village. Hopefully we'll cover some of our park tix with Disney points from our Chase Visa. It's going to be a crazy, crowded whirlwind and I could not be more excited! We've never been to WDW around Christmas before!!!!

It's not as dead as the first week of December but the crowds are pretty decent, we still do rope drop to do everything and we are still purchasing the express transportation to avoid the bigger crowds later in the day but we booked our cruise on the 15th because we figure that weekend is when it will start getting more and more crowded, when we go back on the 21st and on, we know it will just be insane so we are sticking to the concierge lounge and resort dining with possibly a few rope drop days just to get into the park! LOL
I'm not expecting crowds to pick up until the 22nd or 23rd. Most schools don't let out until that Thursday or Friday this year. This is different than last year, when some schools let out the prior Friday.

Last edited:
Just as a transportation/flights update. I booked our flights (me, DW and DS9) back on May 18th when Southwest released them. The way down was about $150 for a nonstop and the way back was about $90. I say "About" because I used points and don't recall what the cost associated with them was. I checked today and the prices have gone up. Maybe not significantly, but up. Our "wanna get away" fares for the way down are actually sold out already for Dec 3rd.

Keep an eye out folks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter