Official Cake Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of ordering a cake for our first night at WDW. We will be at San Angel Inn, and this is our family's first trip. Any ideas? Do I just call the restaurant directly?

I asked a couple of days ago about a chocolately cake

So I thought Id let you know that Ive ordered a 10" chocolate/chocolate mousse cake with milk and white chocolate marbled ganache icing.

The cost is $45 + tax

I'll let you know how we get on.

Too cool. :thumbsup2

Just had a pleasant experience ordering our anniversary cake!

Got Sally for the Contemporary/WL/POFQ/POR resort restaurants and she was so helpful!

Ordered the exact cake above, but with our wedding flowers, peach roses and lilacs.
Also, I ordered lemon cake with bavarian cream filling. May regret that, but
hey! everything that comes from the disney bakery seems to taste pretty darn good
to me! Plus, I bet it'll be fresh!

She put me on hold, then told me she'd call me back to check with the head baker, Brian. LOL ;)
Called me back in 10 minutes with a great price. $55. what a deal! :cloud9:

Can't wait until Sept 17th!:yay:

Thank you so much for helping me, CakemanBri!!!!!!:hug:

I asked a couple of days ago about a chocolately cake

So I thought Id let you know that Ive ordered a 10" chocolate/chocolate mousse cake with milk and white chocolate marbled ganache icing.

The cost is $45 + tax

I'll let you know how we get on.

almost has me re-thinking my order of mini-wedding cake, which is a 6" and 4" tiers and vanilla buttercream -- no special flavors available. your cake is only $20 more!

Too cool. :thumbsup2

Just had a pleasant experience ordering our anniversary cake!

Got Sally for the Contemporary/WL/POFQ/POR resort restaurants and she was so helpful!

Ordered the exact cake above, but with our wedding flowers, peach roses and lilacs.
Also, I ordered lemon cake with bavarian cream filling. May regret that, but
hey! everything that comes from the disney bakery seems to taste pretty darn good
to me! Plus, I bet it'll be fresh!

She put me on hold, then told me she'd call me back to check with the head baker, Brian. LOL ;)
Called me back in 10 minutes with a great price. $55. what a deal! :cloud9:

Can't wait until Sept 17th!:yay:

Thank you so much for helping me, CakemanBri!!!!!!:hug:
Glad I could help. Look forward to creating more magic!

Hi everyone, I tried to go through a lot of pages and while I saw many beautiful cakes, I never found anything on dairy free cakes besides the first page which states that those are available.

We will be celebrating my sister's birthday and I would love to get her a birthday cake. She has an intolerance to milk, so the cake would have to be dairy free. She would love to get a cake since she really has to miss out on a lot of desserts.

We are planning on having her birthday dinner at Narcossee's, so I guess ordering it from the GF bakery would work well. Alternatively, I really like the look of the zebra cake at AKL where we wil be staying, but I am not sure wether this will be possible as dairy free. Will a bakery be able to actually make a dairy free cake? I would love to get a decorated cake!

The other question is about size. It will be only the two of us and we will be leaving shortly after her birthday. So I don't want to get a huge cake. 6 inches are about 15 cm, so this appears to be a rather smallish cake. Can you get individually decorated 6 in cakes? I love the look of those with fondant! :goodvibes

Any help would be very much appreciated. :thumbsup2 I guess in the end I just need to call and see what can be done for me. But I rather want to be prepared as good as possible considering that I need to talk to people in a foreign country in a foreign language since I am from Germany...

We ordered a customized Dairy Free Cake last year at GF. We thought it tasted pretty good. Hmmm....i'll have to go back and look, I think it was chocolate cake. She did say we were more limited on the options for fillings thought.

Someone asked this 2 pgs back, but I don't think they got an answer. I would like to know also. Where all can you get these? Thanks!

Someone asked this 2 pgs back, but I don't think they got an answer. I would like to know also. Where all can you get these? Thanks!

Call the Cake Line and Follow the prompts. When I got thru, I told them I want a Mickey head cake and the date we were eating at LTT. I did request to have have HAPPY 3rd Birthday Brandon but they did tell me that can't write on the cake and I said that would be fine just around the cake...they did and it turned out perfect. Hope this helps.

Has anyone had a cake delivered to their room at the CR with a monorail theme? Maybe with the chocolate monorail on top? Trying to get an idea as I'd like to order an anniversary cake for DH for 18 great years.

I wanted to stay away from the traditional "anniversary cake" on this thread as we had that last year for his parents. It was great, but we recently lost my DMIL and I think it might actually make DH kind of sad, especially since this will be our first trip without them.

He loves the monorail, and it will be our first time staying at the CR. Looking for something just a little fancy (maybe with fondant.)

Thanks!

Ty

I read on the old cake thread that you could order a cake from Boardwalk and have it delivered to Saratoga Springs Resort as long as you picked it up from the SSR to take to your room. Does anyone know if this is still true? (I think the post was from January) Does it cost anything for the delivery?

This is the cake I had delivered to our room at CSR.... First vacation as a family of 3.

012.jpg

This is the cake I had delivered to our room at CSR.... First vacation as a family of 3.

Nice looking cake! Looks yummy too. :goodvibes

Could you please share some more info for us? How did it taste? What kind of cake was it? What did it cost? How did you order it, through CSR or through the cake hotline or through the Boardwalk Bakery?

Thanks!

Chocolate cake with raspberry filling. Buttercream frosting with white chocolate curls and fresh fruit. Ordered through CSR $45 for 1/4 sheet cake. Best cake I've had in a long time....Kids loved it.

Right, I've been reading this thread for a while now and let's just say it has wet my appetite for a cake. I need some help/advice
DH and I are celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary at Citricos at the GF on 1 September and I would like to surprise him with a cake.
Now a 10inch cake would obviously be somewhat of an overkill for only 2 people, but I really want a personalised one. So I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible to order a smaller cake, have it personalised but would still be prepared to pay the higher price of a 10inch cake?

2. Cake Design questions
I would want something that looks somewhat like this cake
c3.jpg

But with burgundy coloured fondant icing and silver Mickeys (or Fleur de Lys, as this was the theme of our wedding)
And have some text on it.
Cake flavours: chocolate cake with a raspberry and cark chocolate mouse filling.
Would this be a reasonable request? Is that what I would need to say when ordering the cake.

3. What would the approximate price be for that cake? Is it just the standard price for a 10inch personalised cake?

4. If I would just go for the standard "anniversary cake", can I still choose the colours and flavours?

smiley-signs028.gif

1. Is it possible to order a smaller cake, have it personalised but would still be prepared to pay the higher price of a 10inch cake?

The Grand Floridian seems to be much more amenable to creating customized 6-inch cakes lately, especially anniversary cakes. You'll have to see what they say when you call, but I wouldn't be surprised if they let you do a customized 6-inch.

2. Cake Design questions
I would want something that looks somewhat like this cake
Would this be a reasonable request? Is that what I would need to say when ordering the cake.

Sounds reasonable to me! Definitely mention it when you order. :thumbsup2

3. What would the approximate price be for that cake?

The 6-inch cake you posted usually costs around $55, although there's an extra charge for the white chocolate Mickey and Minnie.

4. If I would just go for the standard "anniversary cake", can I still choose the colours and flavours?

There is no standard anniversary cake at the Grand Floridian - every order is a custom order - but if there were, the one you posted would probably be it. It seems to be the most popular design. :goodvibes

Thanks lurkyloo!
btw, I absolutely love that cake they make for your anniversary, it looks amazing!!! (but can't afford/justify spending $140 on a cake for just the two of us)

One more question:
If you want a custom cake and have a picture of what you kind of want it too look like, do you email it to them at the GF? What's the best way to go about this?

Has anyone had a cake delivered to their room at the CR with a monorail theme? Maybe with the chocolate monorail on top? Trying to get an idea as I'd like to order an anniversary cake for DH for 18 great years.

I wanted to stay away from the traditional "anniversary cake" on this thread as we had that last year for his parents. It was great, but we recently lost my DMIL and I think it might actually make DH kind of sad, especially since this will be our first trip without them.

He loves the monorail, and it will be our first time staying at the CR. Looking for something just a little fancy (maybe with fondant.)

Thanks!

Ty

I think the Contemporary Bakery will be able to create this for you. Just let the cast member that is taking your order know exactly what you want. I have total confidence in the bakery team there!:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter