Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question...When you call to order a cake do you have to put a credit card down, or can you pay for the cake at the end of the meal?

When I ordered mine last week, they took credit card details. I am hoping we don't pay till we get there, bc we get teh DDE discount.

When I ordered mine last week, they took credit card details. I am hoping we don't pay till we get there, bc we get teh DDE discount.

If you're on the dining plan can they sub your cake for the dessert you'd normally get? If so, will they allow one person to still get their dessert if they wanted? Just curious.

Thanks.

If you're on the dining plan can they sub your cake for the dessert you'd normally get? If so, will they allow one person to still get their dessert if they wanted? Just curious.

Thanks.

No. Cakes cannot be paid with the dining plan. They are completely separate.

The total will be added to your bill at the restaurant you eat at.

They will ask for a CC when you place the special cake order to ensure you show up and get the cake but they will not charge anything until your meal is over. They will add it to the restaurant bill.

If you, however, don't show up and don't cancel the cake, they will charge the CC on file.

:cheer2: I am so excited !! I just ordered DS his birthday cake from Chef Micky's. He wanted Choc cake, white Choc filling and Choc icing. We will all be hyper after that. We asked for POTC and she said she didn't know if they had that. So we said any Pirate theme would do if they didn't have POTC. I am leaving for Disney in 12 days and I am going crazy ....:banana: :banana:

Has anyone ever ordered a cake while staying at the Dolphin? I'll be there next week for my B-Day & was wondering if I'd be better off just ordering one from Gooding's foodstore bakery nearby... :confused:

We stayed at the Swan for my DD's 16th birthday. We took our DD and 3 friends to the Blue Zoo for dinner one night. I ordered a cake about one week prior to our arrival. It was delicious and I am not a big fan of chocolate. I believe we paid $50 or $60.
eb59a40b.jpg

eb599b7e.jpg

Also, we took my Dad to the Swan for his 60th birthday and a cake was sent to the room. It was a yellow cake with strawberries. Wonderful cake.

The Swan and Dolphin both have bakeries. Hope this helps.

I have a question...When you call to order a cake do you have to put a credit card down, or can you pay for the cake at the end of the meal?

I ordered a cake for my MIL that we had at LTT last Monday night.
The very helpful lady on the phone that had taken my order did not have me give her any credit card details....she just told me I would pay for it after my meal.

**It was a fantastic cake BTW!!

The very helpful lady on the phone that had taken my order did not have me give her any credit card details....she just told me I would pay for it after my meal.

When I ordered a b-day cake through the GF, I was required to give a credit card number, but they said it would not be charged unless we were no-shows for the cake. Otherwise, we can pay however way we want or on whatever credit card we want when we get there.

Is it just me or do those raspberries look like "Hidden Mickeys?" :banana:

I REALLY have to get back soon!

I think it depends on where you order the cake from and how much it costs. If you order an $80 cake I am sure they will want the money up front. I ordered the $25 cake from Chef Micky's today and she told me that I would just pay for it at the end of my meal. She didn't ask for credit card information or anything. She just pulled up my ADR and added the cake information.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post! I'm taking DF to Cali Grill for his b-day and really want to surprise him with a cake. I plan to call 1st thing in the morning!

daisy - Can you tell me what kind of cake you ordered and what number you called? THANX!

I just wanted to give an update on my cake. I ordered it today, but for the Cali Grill I had to call 407-824-2955. The cake was $25 and I was told I could pay for it once I get there. :)

daisy - Can you tell me what kind of cake you ordered and what number you called? THANX!

I had called the number for the MK that's on p.1 of this thread & left a message. They returned my call the next day & left me a message with a different number to call for cakes at LTT. I called that number (sorry, I don't have it - I tossed it after I was done with it) & spoke with a very helpful CM.
I had my choice of chocolate or vanilla. DS hates chocolate so I got a vanilla cake with vanilla frosting.

I also had a choice of any characters (except Pooh, I think) & a message on the cake.

I just asked DH if he could post a picture of the cake (I took a great one), but he's off to bed now...maybe tomorrow.

The cake came to $31.00.

I haven't been keeping up, but has anyone ordered a Jack Sparrow or pirate cake and where?

We are going back in August and celebrating DH's bday and I would like a CJS cake.

I haven't been keeping up, but has anyone ordered a Jack Sparrow or pirate cake and where?

We are going back in August and celebrating DH's bday and I would like a CJS cake.

Yes, I did. It's cake 18C on the 2nd page of this thread. We ordered from the GF bakery and ate at Citrico's. :)

Not the best picture of the dessert but a surprise that my BF (now fiance) arranged when we were eating at Cinderella's Royal Table. Timed perfectly to come out right before the fireworks started!
47b7db32b3127cce83a7b2f3f26500000026102AYs2rhw4bsV

I'm sorry if this is posted already, but do you know what flavors the 6" cake comes in?

DH, DS3 and I are taking a trip in September to celebrate our 5th Anniversary. I want to get a cake for our dinner at Chef Mickey's...but an 8" cake is too big for 3 of us...let's face it, a 6" cake is too big for 3 of us! So, I was just curious what are your options with the 6" cake.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter