Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried to call Chef Mickey's to order a cake for DD's birthday on the 23rd and got a recording. How long should I wait before calling again to see if they return my call? Also anything speciifc I should ask for? She wants something like a Mickey head in the first picture with chocolate cake and maybe a chocolate filling.

TIA for the help,
Lori

I think the Mickey head comes as is, with no subbing. Did I even read that they wont personalize it? :confused3

I copied this from the first page of this thread~~~There is also the Mickey Mouse (Head) Cake. Mickey Mouse Cake $45 plus tax. NOTE: Inscriptions are NOT available on the Mickey Cake.~~~ There was also a pic on that page of the cake with HB Roger on the ears :confused3

MAGICX2 said:
Where did you order this cake from!?!?! :hyper: This is exaclty what I want to order for DD's 3rd bday in Jan. Where did you order and what exactly did you ask for. Much thanks.

I ordered it from room service at the Contemporary Resort. I ordered it a week ahead.

I called GF and WL yesterday and left messages about cakes I wanted to order.

I ordered an anniversary cake from GF with the bridal Mickey and Minnie on the top, the price was $55. Chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries.

From the WL, I ordered 6 of the tuxedo strawberries which were $25 and a small cake which was $12.50. They are going to deliver them to our room on Christmas Eve.

Just something to suprise the family. I can't wait to see what they look like and everyone's suprised face.

Jessd said:
I ordered an anniversary cake from GF with the bridal Mickey and Minnie on the top, the price was $55. Chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries.

From the WL, I ordered 6 of the tuxedo strawberries which were $25 and a small cake which was $12.50. They are going to deliver them to our room on Christmas Eve.

Mmmm, yummy!!! Sounds great Jess! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to order a cake for our anniversary. I am hoping to do something special either at the Garden View Lounge at the GF or at California Grill.

I just got off the phone with the dining people. I ended up ordering a vanila cake with vanila icing. I was hoping to get chocolate with white icing but she said they only either all chocolate or all vanila. I was hoping to get the chocolate with a fruit filling but she said that wasn't possible. At first I was going to get the pop up image of Cinderella with a white chocolate slipper on it but she said that could only go on a 10'' cake so I went with a screened image of Cinderella.

I was really disappointed because I was hoping to get one of those nicer cakes with that yummy filling of raspberry or strawberries. I'm dinning at 1900 Park Fare so I don't know why they couldn't do what I was wanting. :confused3

Princess_Aurora said:
I just got off the phone with the dining people. I ended up ordering a vanila cake with vanila icing. I was hoping to get chocolate with white icing but she said they only either all chocolate or all vanila. I was hoping to get the chocolate with a fruit filling but she said that wasn't possible. At first I was going to get the pop up image of Cinderella with a white chocolate slipper on it but she said that could only go on a 10'' cake so I went with a screened image of Cinderella.

I was really disappointed because I was hoping to get one of those nicer cakes with that yummy filling of raspberry or strawberries. I'm dinning at 1900 Park Fare so I don't know why they couldn't do what I was wanting. :confused3

I just had almost the same experience tonight. I wanted a cake with a picture of Grumpy, but she said they only put pics on 10 inch cakes. There's only 2 of us, and we're leaving the next day. I got the chocolate/chocolate cake. They do put writing on it though, so it will be nicer than nothing,I guess. I'm a bit disappointed too.

Our dinner is at Spoodles, so I guess I was dealing with the Boardwalk Bakery?

Looks like the bakeries are trying to get away from custom cakes. :sad2: That's really sad.

I was hoping to get a special cake for our anniversary at California Grill, but I am worried that the only thing available will be the frozen "Crisco frosted" cakes. Blech! :crazy2:

princess@heart said:
Looks like the bakeries are trying to get away from custom cakes. :sad2: That's really sad.

I was hoping to get a special cake for our anniversary at California Grill, but I am worried that the only thing available will be the frozen "Crisco frosted" cakes. Blech! :crazy2:

It is sad. And I dont get it... I would have been more than happy to pay extra for a custom cake.Don't care what they put in it, but I wanted it to say "DISNEY" not "WINN-DIXIE".
It may depend on which restaurant/bakery you're ordering from,tho.Is California Grill owned by Disney?

Here is the cake I had made on 12-14 for CRT at lunch:

PICT0010.jpg

I called the MK Bakery number off page one of this thread for the x-mas Mickey cake. It was vanilla with vanilla buttercream icing... $25 for the cake and $8 for the image which I used my DDE card for at Lunch (it was very yummy). CRT kept the cake at the restaurant until we were ready to leave the park.

That's nice to know that you can save your left-overs for the room w/out a special trip back to the room just to bring the cake

I ordered a cake for my son's birthday on Jan. 1st a couple of weeks ago. I called the MK numer, placed my order and during the conversation asked if the CP could keep the leftover cake for me while we went to the parade. She said they aren't allowed to do that because we've eaten off of it and can't put it back in with their fresh foods. I'm hoping she is wrong, but I guess it does make sense. I'll let you know when I get back!

Has anyone ordered a cake from any of the restaurants in Downtown Disney? We will be celebrating my DD birthday and I am planning on surprising her with a visit to the Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Boutique. I thought we could stop somewhere like Ghirardelli's and have a cake delivered to our table. Any and all information would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Michele

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter